British father and son are brutally beaten by bouncerskicked out of a bar in 'Sin City'

webfact

Surprised the anti weed gang is not somehow trying to say they were all hyped up on the devil weed...ironically if they had skipped the booze and smoked weed they would most likely had a few slices of pizza and listened to the music with a big smile on their faces and gone home with no problems.

Alcohol on the other hand seems to bring out the absolute worst in many and convinces some that they are invincible.  Hint:  You are not.

• Thumbs Up 2

13 hours ago, metisdead said:

Asean Now did not write the headline or the article, the headline and the article was written by the Daily Mail:

Full story: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12380215/British-father-son-beaten-thai-bouncers-Pattaya.html

I meant the headline in the header at the top of the ASEAN Newsletter list of contents. It says: ''British tourist and his son attacked by bouncers in Pattaya''.

I assume ASEAN has 'condensed' the HL to fit the characters available but twisted things in the process.

That's all.

7 hours ago, save the frogs said:

500 baht an hour? 

Huh? Did you mean 500 baht a night?? 500 baht an hour would be a dream job for most Thais.

9 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

If I were embarking on a nice evening out, I wouldn't dress like that.

A nice evening out, in Soi Buakhao......???? Sorry, had to laugh.

15 hours ago, John Drake said:

Sad life when your idea of a holiday is to fly half way around the world so you can go to a seedy bar, get drunk, and get in a fight. They could have done all that for much less money back home.

The icing on the cake is taking a cute young lady back to your room after.....making flying round the world less onerous. Back home the pick-up options at the fish and chip shop or kebab house are less attractive, I assure you!

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Goat said:

You just proved my point.

Brits behaving terribly abroad but you want to cry victim AND use it for "Thai bashing".

Alsways the Thais fault, never the Brits right. Even with video evidence. The heading of the OP s completly misleading.

And thats the best you can come out with? 

Your mother says hello.

Why do you think that is?

Some posts with trolling images have been removed:

42. You will not advertise, display, promote, review or endorse, directly or indirectly, the name or trademark of any alcoholic beverage. Such actions are potentially in contravention of Section 32 of the Alcoholic Beverage Control Act (2008).

9 minutes ago, Andycoops said:

Drunk Brit's abroad, these scenes used to be a regular occurrence in Spain and Cyprus and in the Mediterranean generally years ago, it would appear that it's now been exported over here. Sad.

I blame cheap long haul flights and Brexit! 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

They were giving it large well before the incident.

Could have avoid a kicking by not slapping the guard.

Used to work for me, back in my skinhead days, just commonsense. If you knock them down don't let 'em up for another crack. Especially if they're twice your size as in this case. Nothing cowardly about it..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Albaby said:

Used to work for me, back in my skinhead days, just commonsense. If you knock them down don't let 'em up for another crack. Especially if they're twice your size as in this case. Nothing cowardly about it..

Romper Stomper and American History X.

Both fantastic movies !!

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:
5 hours ago, pomchop said:

Alcohol on the other hand seems to bring out the absolute worst in many and convinces some that they are invincible.  Hint:  You are not.

Alcohol does not change a person's personality

Yes it does. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Being a bouncer doesn't mean you are a stupid person. The man hit the bouncer first, and he deserved a return punch, then to be subdued by the bouncer and his colleagues. Not to be kicked in the head like this. That's a common thing here, as most don't have a clue how to fight and have to kick, flail with their punches and have more than 2 helpers doing the same thing. Hire someone who actually knows what being a bouncer means. That kind of behavior brings revenge when you least expect it, and sometimes deadly., to the bouncer and or the bar owners. Remember Roadhouse? Subdue, bring outside, and reason with them. if they won't reason, call the police and bring (the usually intoxicated) person to jail. He sobers up, and thinks about what he did, knowing he was wrong (maybe) and revenge usually isn't planned.

You do realise that Pattaya is in Thailand, not some nanny state, don't you?

Subdue, bring outside, and reason with them.

You reckon the bouncers speak conversational English?

That kind of behavior brings revenge when you least expect it, and sometimes deadly., to the bouncer and or the bar owners.

LOL. you reckon the Brit guys are going to go back to hotel, round up a posse of big Brits and go "deal" to the bouncers then trash the bar?

IMO the Brit guys got a bit stroppy and then got a hiding for it. Seen it happen before, and IMO the farang deserved a good hiding for being a <deleted>.

On 8/9/2023 at 1:46 PM, webfact said:

Holidaymaker Ian Thomas, 60, and his son Gregory, 37, had entered the Matador Bar in the city's Soi Buakhao red light street but were allegedly asked to leave by the bar owner at around 1.35am on August 5.

Soi Buakhao red light street

Who comes up with that sort of garbage?

A few bars along the street, and a collection in one place. Hardly Amsterdam, is it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andycoops said:

Drunk Brit's abroad, these scenes used to be a regular occurrence in Spain and Cyprus and in the Mediterranean generally years ago, it would appear that it's now been exported over here. Sad.

Been around a long time. Used to be a bar called The Dogs B*****s on one of the sois near Royal Garden which was inhabited by Brit scumbags- that was in the 90s.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You do realise that Pattaya is in Thailand, not some nanny state, don't you?

Subdue, bring outside, and reason with them.

You reckon the bouncers speak conversational English?

That kind of behavior brings revenge when you least expect it, and sometimes deadly., to the bouncer and or the bar owners.

LOL. you reckon the Brit guys are going to go back to hotel, round up a posse of big Brits and go "deal" to the bouncers then trash the bar?

IMO the Brit guys got a bit stroppy and then got a hiding for it. Seen it happen before, and IMO the farang deserved a good hiding for being a <deleted>.

Soi Buakhao red light street

Who comes up with that sort of garbage?

A few bars along the street, and a collection in one place. Hardly Amsterdam, is it.

Speaking English doesn't matter. You grab them, with help if need be, and bring them outside and release them. In this case, bring them away from the bar front.                                                                                                                                                                      No posses needed if you want revenge. People get shot everyday from revenge, here, there and everywhere. Acquiring a gun is possible anywhere if you have money. Staking out the bar, then following the bouncer home, then he strikes. Not saying he should do this, as he was at fault also. Just what people do.                                                                                                        He deserved to be hit back. That's all. He was hit, he hit the ground, then was stomped and kicked. That's taking it too far. That first punch had him hit the floor. That would have stopped most people from trying more. There is no excuse for kicking someone when they are down, unless they hurt your family in some way. Besides that, it's always a cowardly act.          

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bignok said:

Why do you think that is?

Ingrained culture?

If this was in Australia the headline would be "Disgraceful Australian Thugs start brawl abroad" or something like that.

But the headline is

Shocking moment British father and son are brutally beaten by bouncers as they are kicked out of a bar in Thailand's 'Sin City'

Almost farcical. 

Just ingrained thinking that they only see things from their point of view?

You see it a lot on this forum. Just the way they are.

If the situation was reversed and it was a huge foreigner starting trouble in England they would be bagging the foreigner.

I really dont know what it is or why it is. 

But it definately is.

12 minutes ago, Goat said:

Ingrained culture?

If this was in Australia the headline would be "Disgraceful Australian Thugs start brawl abroad" or something like that.

But the headline is

Shocking moment British father and son are brutally beaten by bouncers as they are kicked out of a bar in Thailand's 'Sin City'

Almost farcical. 

Just ingrained thinking that they only see things from their point of view?

You see it a lot on this forum. Just the way they are.

If the situation was reversed and it was a huge foreigner starting trouble in England they would be bagging the foreigner.

I really dont know what it is or why it is. 

But it definately is.

Could be right. 

42 minutes ago, Goat said:

The headline was copied from the English news 'daily mail' if I remember. 

Sadly  it's a reflection of the Brits, and some of the Brits living in Thailand.

Strangely.....correct me if I'm wrong but looking from the outside in, it appears to be always someone else's fault, no accountability for their actions. 

Looking for a scapegoat 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1