Man who threatened Biden shot dead in FBI raid in Utah

Social Media

image.png

A man who posted violent threats against President Joe Biden and other officials online was shot dead during an FBI raid on Wednesday.

Agents were attempting to serve an arrest warrant on Craig Robertson at his home in Utah, just hours ahead of a planned visit to the state by Mr Biden.

A criminal complaint said Robertson posted threats on Facebook against Mr Biden and a prosecutor pursuing criminal charges against Donald Trump.

The FBI declined to give more details.

The raid happened at about 06:15 local time in Provo, about 40 miles (65 km) south of Salt Lake City.

A criminal complaint outlined messages that Robertson made on Facebook including pictures of guns and threats to kill Mr Biden and Alvin Bragg, the Manhattan district attorney leading an investigation into a hush-money payment by Mr Trump to an adult film star.

According to the complaint, other messages targeted US Attorney General Merrick Garland and New York Attorney General Letitia James.

Robertson posted on Facebook: "I hear Biden is coming to Utah. Digging out my old ghillie suit and cleaning the dust off the M24 sniper rifle."

It was just one of dozens of violent messages and photos of weapons posted on two of Robertson's Facebook accounts.

FULL STORY

BBC-LOGO.png

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Yes - a stupid post. I've had people threaten to kill me. I didn't execute them in their home. 

Maybe the guy was suffering with mental illness. Maybe he shot at police. Lots of possibilities out there so let's wait for the facts to emerge. I'm just stating that I hope he wasn't executed JUST for posting on FB. I'd like to think we haven't reached that stage just yet, even if he had a red cap on.

We haven't and you know it.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The report below by Politico indicates this nutjob was armed at the time of the shooting.

And the following as well:

"Robertson referred to himself as a “MAGA Trumper,” a reference to former President Donald Trump’s “Make America Great Again” slogan, and also posted threats against top law enforcement officials overseeing court cases against Trump."

Robertson’s posts indicated he did appear to own a long-range sniper rifle and numerous other weapons, as well as camouflage gear known as a “ghillie suit,” investigators said in court records.

“The time is right for a presidential assassination or two. First Joe then Kamala!!!” authorities say Robertson wrote in a September 2022 Facebook post included in the filings."

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/08/09/utah-man-threatens-biden-fbi-killed-00110554

Robertson’s posts indicated he did appear to own a long-range sniper rifle and numerous other weapons, as well as camouflage gear known as a “ghillie suit,” investigators said in court records.

Oh yea, he was well stocked on the rifle front:

image.png.3223cef61224a85a0cffc90ad261d153.png

https://nypost.com/2023/08/09/who-was-craig-roberston-utah-man-shot-dead-in-fbi-raid/

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

And lead-up background from the AP:

"Clark said Robertson had a collection of perhaps 20 guns, though he noted that that wasn’t unusual for the area."

"According to court documents, two FBI agents came to Robertson’s house after the initial warning about him from Truth Social in March.

"In a Facebook post days later cited in the affidavit, he said, “To my friends in the Federal Bureau of Idiots: I know you’re reading this and you have no idea how close your agents came to ‘violent eradication.’”

https://apnews.com/article/utah-biden-fbi-assassination-threat-ba3cc1d3b2f6cca8bd429febdcf04219

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1