Feasibility Study Expedited for Government Spaceport Project

webfact

8 hours ago, scorecard said:

Further, what specific activities will revenues come from?

This is money in the pockets of the ultra-wealthy, in expensive deals with foreign governments involving kickbacks and bribes, one can assume.  It has nothing to do with improving the lives of Thai people.  That went out of style when half-shirts and dog-leash girlfriends came in.  

Thailand has a ton of spaceports already. Well they are rice fields and other flat areas in the country side.

Most Alien spaceships do not need to be refueled. Most likely want some fresh water, and maybe some Thai food.

Ha ha  my joke for the day.

13 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Complete diversion and fake competitiveness for a most serious failure:

Thailand's exports have declined for nine consecutive months. 

Would Bank - Higher productivity is key to Thailand's future economic growth and prosperity (2020). 

But in 2023 weak demand from China, US and Europe has stalled Thailand’s exports.

Would Bank??

9 hours ago, ColinL said:

Not difficult to do, I mean here in NZ we have the worlds 1st privately funded 'space port', basically a commercial rocket launching facility owned by RocketLab.

But what about Thailand's Neighbours and the flight patterns around Thailand? That will be an interesting issue to be addressed. NZ has no neighbours for well over a thousand miles and no one bothers to fly over us as we are the 'boring blobs' at the bottom of the pacific (and long may it remain so).

The big difference is...  Thailand is run by immature egotistical wealthy men.

7 hours ago, jojothai said:

There are a lot more in all the weed shops on every corner in parts of bangkok and other cities. 

Yes Thailand is full of space cadets now. Maybe that is the reason behind the study for a space port..  

22 hours ago, ColinL said:

Not difficult to do, I mean here in NZ we have the worlds 1st privately funded 'space port', basically a commercial rocket launching facility owned by RocketLab.

But what about Thailand's Neighbours and the flight patterns around Thailand? That will be an interesting issue to be addressed. NZ has no neighbours for well over a thousand miles and no one bothers to fly over us as we are the 'boring blobs' at the bottom of the pacific (and long may it remain so).

Scotland also has 2 privately funded Spaceports in the pipeline. The one at Saxa Vord in Shetland is expecting a licence shortly and looking to a first launch by the end of the year.

The other in Sutherland is also well on the way, being built by Orbex whose HQ is in my home town of Forres.

Both are commercial enterprises aimed at small satellites.

Who would have thought that there was any "Space" expertise in the remote and sparsley populated north of Scotland.

On 8/10/2023 at 2:45 PM, Pib said:

No new decisions are really being made as the study has been underway for several years.  It's more of just reviving people's memories of the ongoing study and give the govt a fresh pat on the back for the study.

It does say, "Expedited" indicating a change, that's why I asked the question.