What % of farangs in Thailand are worth talking to?

bignok

Just now, Trippy said:

Dude, you have made it very clear that you think Farangs in Pattaya are scum. I live in Pattaya, and even though I've been to most of Thailand, I fell in love with Pattaya more than 30 years ago and it's still my favorite city in the world, but you have already labeled me. So why would I ever want to talk to someone who is so closed minded. 

But go ahead and keep calling people who disagree with you names, it just shows your own immaturity. 

Ok.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, bignok said:

Busy road there. 

Yeah, I bought my way out of a lease to be on the "right" side of Nimman Road. Less rentals over here over all. I paid under the table to see my place first. There was a guy still sleeping in the bed.

The housing stock is older and less deluxe on this side, but apartments go in an hour, whereas the other side always has vacancies. I sort of have the Manhattan dilemma that I never want to move now that I got into a big 1 BR on a high, odd numbered soi. 

Most condo's here are 80-90% Air BNB, so it's not a lot of white people to meet. We love our condo floor and we're all planning a bbq together. If a tourist wandered into it, that would be fine.

1 minute ago, Trippy said:

Dude, you have made it very clear that you think Farangs in Pattaya are scum. I live in Pattaya, and even though I've been to most of Thailand, I fell in love with Pattaya more than 30 years ago and it's still my favorite city in the world, but you have already labeled me. So why would I ever want to talk to someone who is so closed minded. 

But go ahead and keep calling people who disagree with you names, it just shows your own immaturity. 

To be fair, there are lots of undesirable sexpats, obviously. 

I have some very good friends there too, amazingly interesting people to talk to. 

8 minutes ago, Trippy said:

I fell in love with Pattaya more than 30 years ago and it's still my favorite city in the world, but you have already labeled me.

I thought about retiring to The Dark Side due to the sociability factor. If Pattaya were in the States -with girls, or not- it would be a top 10 destination.

Many White people want to live in an entertainment district instead of watching corn grow in Issan.

Positing that White people in tourist/entertainment areas are somehow inferior to corn growers is nuts.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, retarius said:

Very few, very very few. My main complaint about living in Thailand is the total absence of any decent conversation. The guys in my town spend time together getting slammed drunk and talking about sport, then "idiotic" Thai drivers and then how stupid the Thais are in general (notwithstanding that their hosts are Thais...and can any of these idiots speak Thai or have any made an effort to learn? No). After that they then about talk about each other behind their backs (the ones not sitting around the table of course).

It reminds me of childish talk in a school playgrounds. It's a bit depressing to tell the truth. 

Frankly, there are too many people ill educated blokes here who are totally incurious about the world and too many vulgar Aussies IMHO. Why do I hang out with them? Well I don't. When I first came to Thailand I went to the bar to speak in English, but quit going when I heard the standard of conversation. 

Funnily enough, in contrast to what most people think about Thai wives, all of these guys, like myself, are in long term relationships and seem to be very happy, outwardly at least. Most of the wives are ex-bar girls but no one complains about having been ripped off by  them. However almost all the farangs sneak off under some pretence to Pattaya or Bangkok to bang bar girls.

Good post. 

• Haha 1