Minor Found at Unlicensed Patong Massage Shop

webfact

image.jpeg

Patong – A Thai woman was arrested after she allegedly opened an unlicensed massage shop without permission and allowed a minor to work.

The Patong Police told the Phuket Express that they received complaints from concerned citizens that a massage shop was illegally opened and employees under the age of 18 were servicing customers in Patong and launched an investigation.

On Saturday (August 12th) they arrested a woman identified only as Ms. Ornuma, her age was not given by police, at a massage shop on Ratch Uthit 200 Pi Road.

By Goongnang Suksawat

Full story: https://thephuketexpress.com/2023/08/14/minor-found-at-unlicensed-patong-massage-shop/

image.jpeg
-- © Copyright The Phuket Express 2023-08-15

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter. Click to subscribe

Concerened citizen + shop next door that does not hae as many customers

Owners daughter comes into shop after school and emptys garbage can or sweeps floor  she is now working at shop.

No different than us bussng a table for a wife that owns a restaurant

Edited by kingstonkid
  • Confused 1

40 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

Concerened citizen + shop next door that does not hae as many customers

Owners daughter comes into shop after school and emptys garbage can or sweeps floor  she is now working at shop.

No different than us bussng a table for a wife that owns a restaurant

Servicing customers isn't sweeping the floors. In the case of a minor, it's illegal and possibly involves human trafficking. Doesn't say it was her daughter, as far as I can see.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sigmund said:

Not to mention this particular place, but everybody knows what goes on in the back scenes or upstairs in many massage parlours..not all obviously, but in most of them.

ooh deary me....I am shocked :whistling:

This story was published here about 1 or 2 weeks ago, so what's new?

There are so many massage places in Thailand, I doubt many of them are licenced. Most probably most are not.

In Thailand a minor is someone under 20 years of age. Just saying that they employed minors doesn't mean much. How many minors? How old?

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

The photo shows young men/youths working. Nothing wrong with that - unless they've had no training. Have they had proper training? I very much doubt it.

Are they over 18? From photo could be senior high school boys.

But is it a genuine photo of the actual premises and actual staff or a stock photo?

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

Servicing customers isn't sweeping the floors. In the case of a minor, it's illegal and possibly involves human trafficking. Doesn't say it was her daughter, as far as I can see.

No but it also doesn't say what she was doing.  My point was that anyone in competition would use a person simply helping as a minor working.

2 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

No but it also doesn't say what she was doing.  My point was that anyone in competition would use a person simply helping as a minor working.

True, servicing can mean a few things. In any event, she was operating an illegal shop, with kids underage working there.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

True, servicing can mean a few things. In any event, she was operating an illegal shop, with kids underage working there.

Kids?  You're the only one who used that word.  The OP refers to under-18s, that's all.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Sad 1