I’m a victim of political persecution : Pita

webfact

15 hours ago, SpaceKadet said:

I hate to say this, but it's his own fault. He knew what happened to his predecessor, and is educated and smart enough to know that he needed to be squeaky clean before stating his election pledges.

Educated yes... but smart? everything he did and said starting from one minute after the election was closed, was political suicide.

• Sad 1

Everybody knows MF are being persecuted, as FF were, the establishment are scared stuff of them.

They've conducted themselves well throughout this sorry saga depriving then of governance.

Their parting shot to the duplicitous PT was spot on- ' This proposed coalition is not a reflection of the people's choice'.

I hope they've prepared a reserve party in case the establishment really goes for them and dissolves the party on the grounds of aiming to ' overthrow the monarchy' 

2 hours ago, TimeMachine said:

Happens throughout the world.  Australia, Pauline Hanson went to prison when becoming popular for attitude adjustment. .  Funny thing she is still a senator now.  Pakistan,  Imran khan. If you wanna attempt,  get the military on your side first. The people of society second because mostly they are useless. 

Pauline Hanson becoming popular?

She was, and still is a fringe racist halfwit.

One Nation has never achieved double digit support in any federal election and, in most of those elections, has received much less than five percent.

It’d be interesting to hear what your definition of popular is.

Did Trump win the last US presidential election? ????????????

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Poor you, Pita (bread), someone is making toast out of you. But off you were worldly and had the skills to run a country like Thailand, shouldn't you have anticipated and planned for this? There's a pithy American adage about 'turkeys voting for Christmas' which fits the situation. I have no sympathy for you. 

Anyone with any knowledge of Thai politics at all know they would come after you with petty trumped up charges, party disqualifications etc. Why would Thai senators vote for you if you threatened their livelihood? They wouldn't be turkeys would they. Too much self interest at stake and Section 112 is always a convenient way to lock up people they disagree with. They have families to take care of and being booted out of the senate by someone young enough to be their grandson, is not on their agenda. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Pauline Hanson becoming popular?

She was, and still is a fringe racist halfwit.

One Nation has never achieved double digit support in any federal election and, in most of those elections, has received much less than five percent.

It’d be interesting to hear what your definition of popular is.

Did Trump win the last US presidential election? ????????????

He probably did.  We will never know without public registered and public viewable voting system. 

Agree with Hanson critique but still they didn't like her and still don't but they realize now a halfwit can only do so much harm. 

Yes, definitely, and he should keep raking them over the coals as loudly and as often as possible.  But, regardless of the shares, they would have found something else to use to oppose him--such as he makes me look like an old, ugly toad when I have to stand next to him so, of course, I must vote against him!   Or, gone solely with the Article 112 issue alone as their excuse.   

• Thumbs Up 2

25 minutes ago, retarius said:

Poor you, Pita (bread), someone is making toast out of you. But off you were worldly and had the skills to run a country like Thailand, shouldn't you have anticipated and planned for this? There's a pithy American adage about 'turkeys voting for Christmas' which fits the situation. I have no sympathy for you. 

Anyone with any knowledge of Thai politics at all know they would come after you with petty trumped up charges, party disqualifications etc. Why would Thai senators vote for you if you threatened their livelihood? They wouldn't be turkeys would they. Too much self interest at stake and Section 112 is always a convenient way to lock up people they disagree with. They have families to take care of and being booted out of the senate by someone young enough to be their grandson, is not on their agenda. 

They knew full well the establishment would come after them, they had their forerunner FF as an example. But they saw how much of a popular sentiment they are riding  

From FF obtaining 80 seats 4 years ago to MF nearly doubling that with 151 in May.

They are the flagship of reform and every Thai knows that.

I read an interview with Pita where he said he didn't regard politics as his final career, perhaps this explains his willingness to take on the establishment, nothing to lose.

Unlike tired veterans of PT like Phumitam, beholden to Thaksin and the establishment, Pita and MF can tell it like it is, and by doing so and reiterating their demands for reform, can make them commonplace. 

• Thumbs Up 2

42 minutes ago, retarius said:

By the way, Pita means prosperity in Thai!

16 hours ago, greeneking said:

Come on, he was. The backward forces have been tying themselves in knots to keep him away from the power the electorate gave him. The country wants radical change.

Just like the Democrat Party in the US trying every trick in the book to deny RFK Jr access to to the process.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, SpaceKadet said:

He knew what happened to Tanathorn and should have got rid of the shares. Signed them over to his mother, just to mitigate that problematic issue.

Yes. And, sad to say, that anyone stupid enough not to know that the shares he held - worthless or not - would provide a lever to prevent him becoming PM is not the kind of person I'd want to see as PM. I mean, how naive can you be? Not only him, but his advisors. I know that many Thais have the mind of a child - some find that an appealing trait - but it isn't something you'd expect to see or want in a leader.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Yes. And, sad to say, that anyone stupid enough not to know that the shares he held - worthless or not - would provide a lever to prevent him becoming PM is not the kind of person I'd want to see as PM. I mean, how naive can you be? Not only him, but his advisors. I know that many Thais have the mind of a child - some find that an appealing trait - but it isn't something you'd expect to see or want in a leader.

That’s an incredibly high bar you’ve set as to the kind of person you would want to see as PM.

Can you give us one or two names of the people you think ARE the kind of person you want to see as PM?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

That’s an incredibly high bar you’ve set as to the kind of person you would want to see as PM.

Can you give us one or two names of the people you think ARE the kind of person you want to see as PM?

I've only ever seen one politician I would trust, but he is in the UK so doesn't qualify to become Thai PM. Since you were wondering, it's Andy Burnham who resigned as an MP to become Mayor of Manchester.

Actually, I did know another as a teenager. My father knew our local mayor and then MP (I think they went to school together) and he would give me tickets for the Stranger's Gallery in the House of Commons, and he even treated me for a meal in the Member's dining room. There was nothing in it for him as I was too young to vote. He was simply a very nice and kindly man. Whether he would have made a good PM or not, I have no idea. He probably wasn't nasty enough.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I've only ever seen one politician I would trust, but he is in the UK so doesn't qualify to become Thai PM. Since you were wondering, it's Andy Burnham who resigned as an MP to become Mayor of Manchester.

Actually, I did know another as a teenager. My father knew our local mayor and then MP (I think they went to school together) and he would give me tickets for the Stranger's Gallery in the House of Commons, and he even treated me for a meal in the Member's dining room. There was nothing in it for him as I was too young to vote. He was simply a very nice and kindly man. Whether he would have made a good PM or not, I have no idea. He probably wasn't nasty enough.

Your comment about Pita not being the kind of person you would want as PM is entirely meaningless if, as far as you’re concerned, all Thais are not the kind of person you would want as PM.

Why did you even bother posting such nonsense?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Your comment about Pita not being the kind of person you would want as PM is entirely meaningless if, as far as you’re concerned, all Thais are not the kind of person you would want as PM.

Why did you even bother posting such nonsense?

Who would you want then? What fine, upstanding person of high intelligence and impeccable integrity do you think would be a suitable person for PM?

Sadly, almost anyone who achieves high office or is very successful in business didn't get there by being My Nice Guy, so the choice is close to zero anywhere, not only in Thailand.

26 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Who would you want then? What fine, upstanding person of high intelligence and impeccable integrity do you think would be a suitable person for PM?

Sadly, almost anyone who achieves high office or is very successful in business didn't get there by being My Nice Guy, so the choice is close to zero anywhere, not only in Thailand.

Closeted pro junta numpties always, always, always follow the same sad sorry pathetic path of nitpicking the tiniest imperfection in democratically elected politicians whilst completely ignoring the plethora, the abundant almost limitless deficiencies and criminality of those that they really support - unelected, right wing, anti-democracy nutters.

Who would I want?

That is an incredibly easy question to answer - the person/party that wins a free and fair election (i.e. the choice of the Thai people)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, SpaceKadet said:

He knew what happened to Tanathorn and should have got rid of the shares. Signed them over to his mother, just to mitigate that problematic issue.

Or Thaksins unemployed gardener. 

Throughout most of the world the cream rises to the top. In Thailand it sinks to the bottom. I learnt years ago you can’t rationalize irrational Thailand. I guess this is why they prevent foreigners from fully integrating and contributing. 

• Thumbs Up 1