What’s The Fastest Way to Make 50 Five-Egg Omelettes?

47 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

I was unaware that one could freeze eggs like suggested by the OP...but feels a bit strange to do that with eggs ?

Concerning the freezing of cooked eggs, such as in the case of omelets... 

Yes, it's very possible, and the flavor and texture remains relatively unchanged. 

However, when reheating, I use a two-stage heating cycle... 

I heat to room temperature, then rest for a few minutes, and then heat to hot temp. 

Otherwise, parts of the omelet, especially along the outer edges, will toughen. 

If you reheat properly, then the omelet will taste as if it had never been frozen. 

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

However, when reheating, I use a two-stage heating cycle... 

I heat to room temperature, then rest for a few minutes, and then heat to hot temp. 

This is quicker than just making a fresh one ?

I would think something like baking an egg dish in an oven. In a tiny countertop oven you might be able to get a dozen servings out of each bake. On a stove top is someone with any sort of cooking acumen could probably cook as many omelets as they have pans at any given time. A good omelet takes care and detail so I don't think you're going to get that on any sort of bulk cooking on stovetop

So, actually, the REASON I posted this question was not just due to idle curiosity:

a. I plan to move my digs, soon.

b. Where I am moving, I potentially may not have access to my favorite omelet cook in the restaurant very close to my house.

c. Therefore, I must come up with a solution because: Yes, I am not lying...I DO actually eat 1.5 five-egg omelets per day (average); I eat them with soy sauce, with ketchup; I eat them plain with jasmine rice, or with the bread I bake. I chop the omelet fine, and then add the chopped up bits to my chicken stews. I use my convection oven to make omelet "pizza" out of bread, a whole omelet, and various bottled sauces...Very Healthy and Tasty, too.

d. What I need is some electrical appliance which can make two omelets simultaneously.  As has been stated above, I would like to try pasteurized or frozen (uncooked eggs instead of fresh eggs in the shell) egg in liquid form.

e. I want to be able to cook 50 omelets in the shortest amount of time, and then quickly freeze for up to 60 days.

So, just in case anyone was curious, this is why I asked this question.

And, I figure that there are others like me out there, too.

Hope this topic is HELPFUL to some who may not like to cook, or who live in more remote places, or who just don't like to go to restaurants each day and stand in line in the heat or rain, waiting for just one omelet...

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Love It 1

11 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

FAR better to freeze 50 five-egg omelettes at minus 23 degrees C,

And then just use the microwave to re-heat, and eat.

It might be functional and it might taste reasonably decent but anything that gets frozen doesn't taste as good as fresh. That's just a fact.

Even flash frozen fish which is frozen almost immediately after catch that process is perfectly fine. Nevertheless, if you caught that fish and ate it fresh within a few hours it would taste completely different. The reason that frozen fish tastes better than fresh fish is because if it's fresh it might take weeks for that boat to dock. Fish deteriorates during that time.

It sounds lazy and wasteful. Lazy because what effort does it take to cook an omelette when you would like one. Wasteful because if you're eating all these eggs it's very possible that you will tire of it all a few days into the feast.

Edited by Seamaster

2 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

c. Therefore, I must come up with a solution because: Yes, I am not lying...I DO actually eat 1.5 five-egg omelets per day (average);.

Does the .5 go in the bin or do you put it back in the freezer ?

16 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

Does the .5 go in the bin or do you put it back in the freezer ?

I just add the 0.5 omelet to a bowl in the refrigerator. 

Then, the next morning, or evening, I can make omelet-and-tuna rice porridge. 

In China, we call this 'zhou'. 

I learned many of these omelet techniques during lockdown 

And I now call this my comfort food. 

You should try it, before you knock it. 

• Love It 1

8 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

I just vomited a little.

No need. 

It's good! 

I don't have access to great BKK Thai food. 

But the food I prepare is healthy, never a stomach upset, and it's QUITE tasty. 

I love jasmine rice. 

Omelets go GREAT with Thai rice. 

Please note... This OP is actually serious to me, and I wasn't joking when I uploaded it. 

Edited by GammaGlobulin

Here are answers to questions asked:

a. Why do I refuse to use a wok to prepare omelets?

I have used a wok in China and in Taiwan.

I cook at very high heat using peanut oil, or soybean oil with high smoke points.

The smell, smoke, grease goes EVERYWHERE.

I have no exhaust fan sufficient to vent the smoke (in Thailand) in my kitchen.

If I were to buy a bottle of gas, and a wok, and try to cook outdoors on the terrace, then I would be attached by mosquitoes, almost incessantly, and the sweat would drip from my brow into the eggs. (This is exactly what happened last time I tried to cook outdoors in Naples, FL. In Naples, our kitchen was also not equipped with a high capacity kitchen exhaust fan. Not Good!

b. Why must I cook 50 omelets all at once?

This is just the way I cook.

I like to prepare as much as I can in the shortest time possible, to be frozen and eaten during the following 30 to 45 days.

I do the same thing with chicken breasts. I use a convection oven to cook 6 oven trays of chicken breasts.

Up to 9 large chicken breasts will fit on my Electrolux convection oven tray (I purchased the largest model available from PowerBuy.)

So, normally, after about 6 hours of cooking, I end up with about 50 well-roasted chicken breasts.

These, I freeze, and then eat during the next 45 days, and sometimes even two months.

This is another reason why I have two refrigerators.

c. Does the taste/texture of food I freeze deteriorate?

No.

The taste improves.

But, concerning texture, you gotta be meticulous about temp and time when reheating.

All the above goes GREAT with Thai jasmine rice.

I never get gastrointestinal discomfort, like some of my friends who eat at a different restaurant each week, day, or whatever.

The stomach discomfort is not worth the enjoyment of Thai food eaten at questionable beaneries.

So, I am happy with my diet.

I just need to know the fastest way to make 50 omelets, without using a wok, and using some electrical appliance.

A two-omelet or three-omelet machine might be OK for me.

And, I would NOT want a machine that did not have enough wattage to cook very quickly.

3 hours ago, Sigmund said:

I was unaware of the OP's suggestion of freezing eggs ?? Ok well why not..but feels funny to freez eggies ..

Even though I have my refrigerator compartment set at one degree above zero celcius, I believe it would be ill-advised of me to store cooked omelets at this temp for more than 24 hours.,due to growth of bacteria, food toxins, etc. 

You can easily google this question and find relevant graphs plotting bacteria growth, versus time and temperature. 

I have a few refrigerator and freezer thermometers. 

But what I am lacking is a thermometer sensor which I can connect to a data storage device, so that I can have a continuous record of temperature history in both the refrigerator and freezer compartments. 

Otherwise, how would I rule out the possibility that the freezer temp or refrigerator temp might have spiked high for several hours while I was sleeping. 

This is the main reason I will buy, next time, a refrigerator that connects to the internet. 

Edited by GammaGlobulin

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

I have used a wok in China and in Taiwan.

I cook at very high heat using peanut oil, or soybean oil with high smoke points.

The smell, smoke, grease goes EVERYWHERE.

there's no need to cook like that.

i cook my eggs at low-medium heat. 

you can also eat raw egg yolks. just separate the whites and pop the yolks in your mouth. 

or add milk/nutmeg etc and make an egg nog or a smoothie. 

1 hour ago, Ralf001 said:

Why 60 days when you are only making enough for 33 days ?

Sometimes I get tired of eating so many omelets each week. 

And, once in a while, I decide to fast for up to 24 hours. 

And also, I sometimes enjoy a break in the monotony, and will go to the woman who makes my omelets, and order a few boxes of Panang Gai. 

But I never get tired of eating either eggs or chicken. I also never eat pork, beef, or fish.... 

Tuna I eat, though because tuna is the chicken of the sea. 

This is why omelets are so central to my diet, especially during the past three years. 

I almost never tire of omelets. 

5 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

there's no need to cook like that.

i cook my eggs at low-medium heat. 

you can also eat raw egg yolks. just separate the whites and pop the yolks in your mouth. 

or add milk/nutmeg etc and make an egg nog or a smoothie. 

If I had my Gamma rays machine here in Thailand, then I would be willing to consume raw chicken eggs. 

But since I have no easy access to Gamma radiation, I always thoroughly cook anything from the chicken. 

I'd get an electric skillet with a removable pan.  Something 12" x 16" might allow you to make a huge omelette that could be cut into  a dozen pieces or so.  Or just use a hotplate and a couple pans ... cook, cool, cut.

image.png.1d2a9bbd2945c72c945346ecc72f8b8c.png  image.png.4fba9e4cd862bda36815ceea0f382b34.png

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Damrongsak said:

I'd get an electric skillet with a removable pan.  Something 12" x 16" might allow you to make a huge omelette that could be cut into  a dozen pieces or so.  Or just use a hotplate and a couple pans ... cook, cool, cut.

image.png.1d2a9bbd2945c72c945346ecc72f8b8c.png  image.png.4fba9e4cd862bda36815ceea0f382b34.png

I've been trying to find the American style electric fry pan here. Can't even find a good one on Lazada... Plenty on Amazon, though.