What’s The Fastest Way to Make 50 Five-Egg Omelettes?

I am just wondering if anyone here (experienced cooks) might be able to tell me how to prepare omelettes fast and in bulk.

Up until now, I buy my omelettes from a small restaurant, and the cook is able to make 40 Five-Egg omelettes with fresh garlic in about 30 minutes, and individually pack them in plastic boxes. 

The price per box is Bt.35.00.

But I find that she sometimes uses smaller eggs, and sometimes bigger eggs.

She provides great service, yes, but I prefer to have the same portion size every time.

Bt.35 per box seems a bit steep, too.

Also, she doesn’t add tomatoes or chili, and I need to sprinkle on chili powder on top, which doesn’t seem to taste as good.

I have gone online to try to find some type of automatic omelette maker, but what I have seen available is more like an electric frying pan which seems more trouble than it’s worth.

Normally, I buy like 40 or 50 boxes and then just freeze them so I can eat one or two boxes per day. But if I could make them myself, I could add what I want, and I wouldn’t need to go out.

Also, I don’t like the plastic boxes which are difficult to stack before discarding them. And I could easily use those plastic bags instead that most restaurants use to sell servings of jasmine rice.

Maybe I might need a wok for this work.

But, although I have a kitchen, I don’t have one of those gas burners to cook anything on, and so don’t own a wok.

Is there any faster way, in light of the fact that I would prefer not using a burner and wok?

I mean…Is there some electric-appliance solution?

I like to cook many omelettes all at one time, so that I don’t have to do too much food preparation on a daily basis.

Thanks for any good ideas.

Note: If you have any simple recipes for omelettes, that would be good, too. I don’t eat processed meats, nor do I like any meat in the omelette. Cheese is good but I don’t buy cheese in Thailand. So, for me, I would prefer vegetarian recipes.  Although, if you have a favorite omelete recipe of any kind, I would enjoy reading any offerings.

• Love It 2

There's a restaurant in Chiang Rai called the Hungry Nest. The cook there makes an omelette with spinach, mushrooms and cheese.

At home, my GF is the omelet maker. She adds chopped tomato and onion. She uses 3 eggs.

I was under the impression GG was American, but he is using the British spelling.

14 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

There's a restaurant in Chiang Rai called the Hungry Nest. The cook there makes an omelette with spinach, mushrooms and cheese.

At home, my GF is the omelet maker. She adds chopped tomato and onion. She uses 3 eggs.

I was under the impression GG was American, but he is using the British spelling.

Please pay closer attention to the post.

I spelled it BOTH ways, first British & French, and then, finally, using the American version.

The British version, obviously, was a tip of the cap/hat to you, as you might have guessed.

• Love It 1

Just now, Lacessit said:

My apologies, many of your posts go beyond my attention span.

Yes, but this post was about you, and I thought you would like it.

Also, is it not quite interesting concerning the pluralization of the "egg" word?

I just mean that it seems that the singular form, omelet, might be the same in both the British and American spellings.

Isn't it odd how these things sometimes occur in pairs?

• Love It 1

39 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

it takes 3 minutes to cook an omelet.

no need to prep in advance.

FAR better to freeze 50 five-egg omelettes at minus 23 degrees C,

And then just use the microwave to re-heat, and eat.

I have two microwave ovens, and so I can simultaneously re-heat two omelettes when I want to add omeletttes to chicken stew, for example.

If you make 50 at one time, then no need to clean the kitchen on a daily basis, which is the main reason...for me at least.

• Love It 1

5 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

40 omelets for breakfast.....Must do wonders for cholesterol levels !

I average 1.5 omelets per day.

Each omelet contains 5 chicken eggs (not the large ones).

So...Each month, I eat about 45 five-egg omelets.

I have good cholesterol levels (good or bad cholesterol, I forget which should be high and which low).

Please remember that, decades ago, there was a widespread egg-cholesterol scare; I never bought into it, because there was no real evidence.

Therefore, I just eat as many omelets as I like.

Eggs are cheap and fantastically nourishing.

8 eggs per day is NOT too much for me.

But you should decide what is the best diet for you.

I am not an Egg Evangelist (Eggvangelist).

• Love It 1

15 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

If you make 50 at one time, then no need to clean the kitchen on a daily basis, which is the main reason...for me at least.

Listen to music while you're cooking and cleaning, so it doesn't feel like a chore since you're focusing on the music. 

Just now, GammaGlobulin said:

I average 1.5 omelets per day.

Each omelet contains 5 chicken eggs (not the large ones).

So...Each month, I eat about 45 five-egg omelets.

I have good cholesterol levels (good or bad cholesterol, I forget which should be high and which low).

Please remember that, decades ago, there was a widespread egg-cholesterol scare; I never bought into it, because there was no real evidence.

Therefore, I just eat as many omelets as I like.

Eggs are cheap and fantastically nourishing.

8 eggs per day is NOT too much for me.

But you should decide what is the best diet for you.

I am not an Egg Evangelist (Eggvangelist).

Do you cackle like a chook when perched on the throne backing out that mess you have eaten ?

Just now, Ralf001 said:

Do you cackle like a chook when perched on the throne backing out that mess you have eaten ?

If I said no, then you would not believe me.

if I said yes, then it would be untrue.

The worst bird in the world is not a bird, but the foul Rooster.

• Love It 1

@GammaGlobulin how are you re-heating your egg dish (I'm staying out of any discussion of spelling of the "O" word)?

Don't they go rubbery? Special technique?

Have you tried the pasteurised eggs in a bottle? Just measure the relevant volume for 5 eggs and cook. No cracking etc. The British Army and Royal Navy use them by the gallon to make scrambled egg, it was luxury to use an RAF canteen coz you got actual handmade scrambled eggs ????

If I wanted a 5 egg omelet everyday I would make one everyday.

If you want to freeze 50 I would break 5 eggs and whisk them up and pour them into a ladle to get the correct quantity, then break 245 into a bowl and mix it up, add the first 5 egg mix to it and using two pans on a good even stove/cooker heat up two omelet pans brushed with melted butter when bubbling add the required amount of egg into each pan, cook as required,  when done turnout on to a tray, wipe the pan out, rinse and repeat using this method should take about  2 1/2 hours, 3 mins an omelet, be ready to get a sweat on, but then you will have to package them up and freeze them, don't see the point, just make them as needed.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Crossy said:

@GammaGlobulin how are you re-heating your egg dish (I'm staying out of any discussion of spelling of the "O" word)?

Don't they go rubbery? Special technique?

Have you tried the pasteurised eggs in a bottle? Just measure the relevant volume for 5 eggs and cook. No cracking etc. The British Army and Royal Navy use them by the gallon to make scrambled egg, it was luxury to use an RAF canteen coz you got actual handmade scrambled eggs ????

WOW, Man! 

Great idea! 

I hadn't thought of using pasteurized eggs, in bottle. 

This would simplify the process immensely! 

PS.. 

Lots of good advice here. 

Last time, the members helped me completely rectify my intractable bread flour problem when they told me to reduce the added sugar from 5 tablespoons down to ZERO tablespoons... 

And, the result seemed like a true miracle. 

The bread looks better. 

It tastes like bread, not cake. 

Also, I have this hypothesis why my loaves LOOK better, even! 

You see, it is my hypothesis that all that sugar caused the bread to rise too quickly and too much, and then... the bread just deflated due to lack of support. I know that my hypothesis must be correct... 

Thanks. 

Edited by GammaGlobulin