Missing man’s skeletal remains found in submerged pickup truck in Buriram pond

webfact

image.jpeg

Villagers in Buriram irrigating their paddy fields were shocked when they came across the tail end of a pickup truck submerged in a large pond. Skeletal human remains were found inside the vehicle, now identified as a missing 47 year old man who disappeared almost a year and a half earlier.

Yesterday, reports emerged about a startling discovery in the large pond of Nong Ta Kai, in the Sadao district of Nangrong, Buriram. Lieutenant Anan Seesen, Deputy Inspector of Nangrong Police Station, was informed by locals that a pickup truck was submerged in the large pond.

The pond, situated opposite Sadao Subdistrict Administration Organization, is approximately 160 metres long, 80 metres wide and 10 metres deep. Rescue workers, joined by Siam Ruamjai Pu-in Rescue of Buriram, were sent to retrieve the submerged vehicle.

A white Mitsubishi single-cab pickup bearing a Surin license plate was dredged from the pond, full of mud. The driver’s seat contained nothing but a skeleton, attached to the seat belt, estimated to have been there for at least a year, reported KhaoSod.

by Neill Fronde

TOP: A pickup truck was found in a Buriram pond containing the skeleton of a missing man. (via Sanook). Picture courtesy of Sanook

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/road-deaths/mystery-unfolds-as-missing-mans-skeletal-remains-found-in-submerged-pickup-truck-in-buriram-pond

-- Thaiger 2023-08-16

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 2

17 hours ago, webfact said:

A white Mitsubishi single-cab pickup bearing a Surin license plate was dredged from the pond, full of mud. The driver’s seat contained nothing but a skeleton, attached to the seat belt

Not a nice way to end your days.

• Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, Tarteso said:

Not sure if is the case.. but some times the belt can kill you.

But can save more times. One thing that I find annoying when being driven by members of my family is that the driver locks the doors. I've tried to explain that should we have an accident, rescuers would not be able to get to us immediately. Their answer is "What about robbers?"????

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

But can save more times. One thing that I find annoying when being driven by members of my family is that the driver locks the doors. I've tried to explain that should we have an accident, rescuers would not be able to get to us immediately. Their answer is "What about robbers?"????

One car I own, the doors lock automatically, after the brake pedal is pressed the first time, all released after the drivers door is opened from the inside, rescuers would just smash a window, me thinks. I always lock my doors anyway. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1