How To Make The Soft Eggs?

jak2002003

Those soft eggs that you get on the side of the Khaw Kaa Moo (slow cooked pork leg with rice). 

They are a bit translucent and a bit like soft jelly texture...with the yolk thick. 

I am going back to the UK soon and want to make them for myself. 

32 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Those soft eggs that you get on the side of the Khaw Kaa Moo (slow cooked pork leg with rice). 

They are a bit translucent and a bit like soft jelly texture...with the yolk thick. 

I am going back to the UK soon and want to make them for myself. 

I think those are just cooked eggs.

You may keep in mind:

Mostly (always?) those are duck eggs.

I think the consistency of white vs. yellow, after they are cooked, depends on the starting temperature of the egg when you start to cook them.

There is a difference if you cook eggs which you take out of the refrigerator and eggs which are "room" temperature. As far as I see the vendors which you talk about stack their eggs outside, not in refrigerators. 

Those eggs on the side of Kao Ka Moo are hard boiled eggs added to the pot when the pork is almost finished. So you're either going to have to make Kao Ka Moo or just use the same spices and add just the hard boiled eggs.

5 hours ago, bbko said:

Those eggs on the side of Kao Ka Moo are hard boiled eggs

No

The reason I know is that I often buy cooked eggs from a Kao Ka Moo vendor at the fresh market before they put the eggs into Kao Ka Moo. I eat the eggs together with Khanom Chin and the eggs are exactly like jak2002003 describes. 

(The picture is from the internet, the eggs I buy and eat look exactly like in the picture)

ph7c-hero.jpg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

No

The reason I know is that I often buy cooked eggs from a Kao Ka Moo vendor at the fresh market before they put the eggs into Kao Ka Moo. I eat the eggs together with Khanom Chin and the eggs are exactly like jak2002003 describes. 

(The picture is from the internet, the eggs I buy and eat look exactly like in the picture)

ph7c-hero.jpg

Yes. They are not boiled eggs.  

They may be duck eggs.... But I tried to soft boil eggs from my ducks and they trun out the same as chicken eggs. 

These other eggs are almost like jelly. 

Maybe you are right about them getting cooked very slowly.

• 5 months later...
6 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I put eggs in cold water, when the water starts to boil, turn off heat, let sit covered for 5 minutes. Perfect eggs

I use the same method, as I only cook hard boiled eggs, and want the firmer yolk. 

• Agree 1