Swede dreams turned sour: Swedish man arrested for overstaying visa in northern Thailand

webfact

7 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

The Thai police are doing a great job of keeping us safe. Let's put those evil over-stayers, dangerous Bridge-playing Septuagenarians, and those who endanger the rest of us by not wearing helmets when riding motorcycles, where they can't hurt us.

But there is virtually ZERO police presence to stop drivers from killing each other and maiming others on the roads because there is no one in the street stopping them. In the past 22 years, I have NEVER seen a cop pull over a driver for unsafe driving, only speeding. Not for passing on a curve, not for making left turns from the right lane and vice versa, not for passing on the wrong side of a vehicle, or failure to signal a turn, etc.  NEVER.

Those could save countless lives. But by all means, send 5 cops to arrest one person for a few days of overstay...

Yes... Of course the over-stayers are breaking Thai law. That's true.

And perhaps one out of ten thousand 'may' have a criminal background. That true, too.

But they aren't killing people every day on the roads. Let's get the priorities straight.  How about one cop for the over-stayers, and four to catch the unsafe drivers?

You think that it is the Immigration Bureau's job to police the roads? 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No, it did not.   It reported that he would be (should have reported "could be") jailed for up to two years, two years is the maximum.

7 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Someone wants to become the Chief of Police (perhaps our beloved BJ) so you have to lead by example

• Confused 2

16 hours ago, harleyclarkey said:

You need to get a reality check Thai authorities, and concentrate your efforts on real criminals.  

different departments arrest different criminals.

Kudos to Thai Immigration Police For doing their job.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, youreavinalaff said:

Wow. You've met ONE girl from Isaan and now you are qualified to comment on all Isaan girls. Amazing.

Wrong, this is the first of a long series......but you are just naive

3 minutes ago, youreavinalaff said:

After having lived in Isaan for 22 years, 2 years as a single man and 20 years married to an Isaan lady, "naive" is not a word I would associate with myself in regards to life in Isaan.

I have lived in Issan for a few years and I can tell you that you live in an area that you think you know but that you have not yet discovered is unfortunately very dangerous for farangs due to their finances. But I hope you are a lucky man

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/18/2023 at 6:25 AM, DjSilver said:

What a loser. First, he is most likely to not have an education, because no educated Swedish man would sink so low to marry anyone fron Isaan. Second, he don't want his child and wife in Sweden, so keeps them in Thailand.

Again, I can't stand these losers that have a wife and children in Thailand, and not with them in their country of living.

Ok so I'm a loser because I prefer to bring up my kids up here rather than in Londonistan..only one loser on this post eh Guess Who !!!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/18/2023 at 4:16 PM, DjSilver said:

Well, my wife who is Thai told me this. Isaan women are amongst the lowest to get in Thailand. The girls are only learned one thing from birth, and that is to find a foreign man to marry them and support their family. And those foreign men who marry an Isaan woman are usually loser older fat men, who can't get a woman without paying for them????

Your wife is obviously misinformed.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/12/2023 at 12:13 AM, Mbaki said:

Your wife is obviously misinformed.

No, it's true. Isaan is the low lifes of Thailand ????

Just because you married a low educated loser who sold themselves to a foreign husband ????

Edited by DjSilver

5 hours ago, DjSilver said:

No, it's true. Isaan is the low lifes of Thailand ????

Just because you married a low educated loser who sold themselves to a foreign husband ????

Bet you get invited to all the best parties.

Edited by quake
  • Haha 1