Teenage motorcycle courier fatally shot intervening in gang dispute

webfact

Motorcycle-Gang-Violence.jpg

In the early hours of today, a 19 year old motorcycle rider, who was waiting for work at a city junction, intervened in a quarrel amongst a group of teenagers and was tragically shot. Two of his friends also suffered injuries in the horrific incident.

The incident unfolded around 4am today when Deputy Investigation Officer, Sanguansak Chiamsanguanwong, responded to a notification that a teenager had been shot dead at the street isle of Prasert Manukitch Road in the Nawamin area of Bangkok’s Bueng Kum district. At the scene, investigators found two .22 shell casings and immediately secured them as evidence.

The deceased, a 19 year old rider identified as Theptat had suffered gunshot wounds to the neck and mouth. It was discovered that he had been shot after unwittingly stumbling into a dispute between two rival motorcycle gangs while waiting for work at the Nawamin junction. The crime scene was located about 100 metres from the intersection and Theptat was found dressed in a black round-neck T-shirt and long black jeans, lying in a pool of blood.

In addition to Theptat’s tragic death, two other men, an 18 year old Aphirak and 19 year old Piyapong, sustained injuries. Aphirak had sharp object wounds to his right arm and was rushed to Nopparat Hospital, while Piyapong suffered a gunshot wound to the mouth, resulting in paralysis. Immediate action was taken to transfer him to Nawamin 1 Hospital, reported KhaoSod.

by Neill Fronde

TOP: A boy was shot after accidentally getting involved in a motorcycle gang dispite. (Picture courtesy of KhaoSod)

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/crime/teenage-motorcycle-courier-fatally-shot-after-intervening-in-bangkok-gang-dispute

-- Thaiger 2023-08-21

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 11

2 hours ago, still kicking said:

Where does everybody in Thailand gets their guns from? I know in America you just walk in to a market and choose what you want. I never seen a gun shop in Thailand 

you only have to read facebook to see them advertised for sale,  also on the black market or underground.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, still kicking said:

Where does everybody in Thailand gets their guns from? I know in America you just walk in to a market and choose what you want. I never seen a gun shop in Thailand 

It was homemade in this case. 

The reason why you haven’t seen a gun shop is because they’re all concentrated in one fairly small spot along Burapha Road, starting directly north of the Old Siam Center. 

54 minutes ago, steven100 said:

It doesn't mention if they arrested the culprits ..... poorly written.

RIP young courier rider.

it wasn't even your argument, should have stayed out of it ..

That’s why there’s a link at the bottom of the story that says “full story”! ????

In a nutshell, 2 groups of moped gangs got into it, the guy who got killed went over there with some other guys to see what’s going on, only to find out that one of the guys involved in the scuffle is someone the guy who got killed had a beef with some time earlier, which caused that guy to shoot and kill him. The perpetrators are called Ice and Stamp and the cops are currently looking for them. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

That’s why there’s a link at the bottom of the story that says “full story”! ????

In a nutshell, 2 groups of moped gangs got into it, the guy who got killed went over there with some other guys to see what’s going on, only to find out that one of the guys involved in the scuffle is someone the guy who got killed had a beef with some time earlier, which caused that guy to shoot and kill him. The perpetrators are called Ice and Stamp and the cops are currently looking for them. 

i hope they catch them quickly and put them in with Olaf and the nutter who beat his wife to death then dragged her into the forest behind his house. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, still kicking said:

Yes... in America there are gun shops... but there are rules concerning legally purchasing... there are also criminals like Hunter who lie and purchase illegally... 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, still kicking said:

FB, Cops, Army, take your choice. Thailand has more illegal guns per capita than the US.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, pacovl46 said:

Where does it say moped gang.  A moped has a top speed of about 20mph and I have yet to see one in Thailand.

9 hours ago, steven100 said:

i hope they catch them quickly and put them in with Olaf and the nutter who beat his wife to death then dragged her into the forest behind his house. 

Since they know their identities, it's just a matter of time.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

Where does it say moped gang.  A moped has a top speed of about 20mph and I have yet to see one in Thailand.

I'm from Germany and in Germany Mopeds go all the way up to 125cc and only above that do we call it a motorcycle. What you mean is what we would call a Mofa. I used the term moped instead of bike because a bike gang usually implies outlaw motorcycle gangs like the Hells Angels for example, which they clearly aren't. Most Thai bike gangs, there I said it, usually ride smaller bikes, hence mopeds in my book. 

• Like 1