New Tyres

lelapin

If I have to time, I'll stop at 2-3 places along Sukhumvit and ask their prices, so far B Quik and Cockpit are my usual places. Sometimes one shop has better prices for the exact same item/service, next time they are reversed.  I stay away from those 1-2 man shops, 

https://www.cockpit.co.th/home

https://www.b-quik.com/th

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, TimeMachine said:

Three new tyres after a week developed side wall crack.  Defect tyres?  Or normal from hitting curb or something like that. 

Pic shows 1 of the tyres below. 

What's the manufacture date on the tyres?  Look for a 4 digit number, first 2 numbers are the week (1-52) and the last 2 numbers are the year, my tyres show 2422 (24th week of the year 2022).  Many tyres start showing wear/tear/cracks/loss of traction after 5-6+ years.

You say they are new, what kind of shop did you buy them from? A big chain or a small 1-2 man shop?

IMG_5606.jpg.73d4547e120b460d935440f46ff5c4a1.jpg

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Yes me too... used one on The Railway Line Rd, got an alignment included for free. 

I get rotation every 10,000 km, they have my reg. no in their computer, plus balancing. They've done it 4 times now.

We have two CRVs both using Maxxis tires,  just replaced front tires on one of them again with Maxxis from their depot just south of Pattaya on Sukhumvit, Price was B3100 each fitted and balanced

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1