Multiple Non Imm B's In Penang

Back from Penang last night after getting my tourist visa's (3x) yesterday, will do a full report in the Penang thread but I figured this was of interest.

The agent I used can still get multiple B's and no bribes involved.. He also says Multiple O's are not a problem if you have all the paperwork but what was most surprising to me was the multiple B's.

He made no promises but was pretty confident that if you have your papers (min income tax, woprk permit, paid up capital 2 mil company, 4 thai employees) that he would get one..

There was a NZ lady who I chatted to a lot, she was totally unaware of all the new rules and very pissed off at the work permit requirement as she says the work permit says on it that it is illegal to take the work permit outside of the kingdon in big writeing and she had been told this verbally as well by the labour offce (I think thats who told her) and now without warning she is supposed to have it with her !!! So she had no work permit with her and she actually has to do 90 day visa runs as they dont maintain enough Thai employees.. With the info from here and ThaiImmigration.com I told her that she would not be getting the multiple but the single entry etc.. End of the day back comes the Agent with her visa and its a multiple !!! so who know what the ######.. She did not qualify on many grounds as well as the fact that no one should get one even if they do qualify.

As a side note she is selling up her business (health spa / resort on Ko Phan Gan) and reloacting it to NZ thanks to the TRT and the way the rules are going for the worse.. In a twist she is actually taking her Thai staff with her and the NZ embassy have indicated that visa's and work permits for the Thais to NZ should not be a problem if she incorporates and requests them. Of course once they get there they can buy property and have equal rights as anyone else, should they then meet a NZ person and settle down residency and citizenship are near formilities.. But I guess I will leave that shall I ??

Back from Penang last night after getting my tourist visa's (3x) yesterday, will do a full report in the Penang thread but I figured this was of interest.

The agent I used can still get multiple B's and no bribes involved.. He also says Multiple O's are not a problem if you have all the paperwork but what was most surprising to me was the multiple B's.

He made no promises but was pretty confident that if you have your papers (min income tax, woprk permit, paid up capital 2 mil company, 4 thai employees) that he would get one..

There was a NZ lady who I chatted to a lot, she was totally unaware of all the new rules and very pissed off at the work permit requirement as she says the work permit says on it that it is illegal to take the work permit outside of the kingdon in big writeing and she had been told this verbally as well by the labour offce (I think thats who told her) and now without warning she is supposed to have it with her !!! So she had no work permit with her and she actually has to do 90 day visa runs as they dont maintain enough Thai employees.. With the info from here and ThaiImmigration.com I told her that she would not be getting the multiple but the single entry etc.. End of the day back comes the Agent with her visa and its a multiple !!! so who know what the ######.. She did not qualify on many grounds as well as the fact that no one should get one even if they do qualify.

As a side note she is selling up her business (health spa / resort on Ko Phan Gan) and reloacting it to NZ thanks to the TRT and the way the rules are going for the worse.. In a twist she is actually taking her Thai staff with her and the NZ embassy have indicated that visa's and work permits for the Thais to NZ should not be a problem if she incorporates and requests them.  Of course once they get there they can buy property and have equal rights as anyone else, should they then meet a NZ person and settle down residency and citizenship are near formilities.. But I guess I will leave that shall I ??

hi Livinlos,

If you have min. requierd salary, pay tax,2 mil. company and min.4 Thai employees per forigner, there is no need to obtain a multiple entry visa at Penang as you will get a 1 year permit to stay at your local immigration office! :o

Multiple entry B visas was taken away for people who do not reach up to any of these above rules! this people (including some of my companys staff), can't get a multiple entry B visa any more, but instead they will get 3 months B visas at a time, witch is not so much of a difference, beside that they have to spend a little bit more time for their visas and it will cost a little bit more. How ever, I think this option of getting B visas also will be a memory soon!

Regarding the NZ lady, I can't say I feel sorry for her, it is her and everyones responsibility to getting to know the rules if you stay here. I would also say that I personaly find it quite easy to get information about new regulations etc. in Thailand, much because of good internet sites like Thai visa.

regards,

Ban thale

Patience Patience...

I fell off the wagon last night and fell hard.. So today will not be the day for any long field reports.. Though most of the interesting stuff is above anyway.

Regarding the NZ lady, I can't say I feel sorry for her, it is her and everyones responsibility to getting to know the rules if you stay here. I would also say that I personaly find it quite easy to get information about new regulations etc. in Thailand, much because of good internet sites like Thai visa.
So you say.. Getting information is NOT simple or accurate !!! She has a document that states you must not take it outside of the kingdom.. She has been informed it is illegal to do so and this is in writing on the document.. Now it is required to be presented in Panang.. Explain how she is not following the rules as she was told them.

Also as we are all "so well aware from sites like this one" and it is so easy to get information that is acurate how about expalining how she is able to get a multiple B entry from penang without fulfilling the conditions ??? :o

Multiple entry B visas was taken away for people who do not reach up to any of these above rules! this people (including some of my companys staff), can't get a multiple entry B visa any more, but instead they will get 3 months B visas at a time, witch is not so much of a difference, beside that they have to spend a little bit more time for their visas and it will cost a little bit more. How ever, I think this option of getting B visas also will be a memory soon!

My point entirely.. This common knowedlge is not the situation on the ground using the above agent.

I am simply reporting the facts as they were at the beggining of the week.. The impossible to get Non Imm multiple B's are still possible to get even if you dont have 4 thais per farang or your work permit with you (in that case on Wed).. If your opinion is that the information is so clear and consise and easy to get (for those of us with hours online to waste constantly checking this and other forums) then I am curious as to how you can think that this information that contradicts all the common knowledge is not valid information.

oh LivinLos

It's very sad to hear about your accident yesternight :o .I wish you get well soon. :D

Thanks very much for your time to give us people the information regarding your experience.I think u need a bit rest now.so see you when u r fit again. :D

oh LivinLos

It's very sad to hear about your accident yesternight :o .I wish you get well soon. :D

Thanks very much for your time to give us people the information regarding your experience.I think u need a bit rest now.so see you when u r fit again. :D

He'll stop the shakes by about Thursday, That'll be followed by the never again syndrome until Saturday when it starts all over again. :D

As a side note she is selling up her business (health spa / resort on Ko Phan Gan) and reloacting it to NZ thanks to the TRT and the way the rules are going for the worse.. In a twist she is actually taking her Thai staff with her and the NZ embassy have indicated that visa's and work permits for the Thais to NZ should not be a problem if she incorporates and requests them. Of course once they get there they can buy property and have equal rights as anyone else, should they then meet a NZ person and settle down residency and citizenship are near formilities.. But I guess I will leave that shall I ??

What a shame, TRT will feel really bad about this. Again one foreigner less in the kingdom, again a business opportunity for a Thai.

Dutchy

Hi Dr PP,

As per my post and many others I have made on this forum in the last few months I was on a multi B and have now been forced to be knocked down to tourist status. I was on a multi B on the basis of looking for work or investigating the business climate (the later is not so far from the truth in actual fact as I have been looking for development land to build modest villas on for some time).

My reason for posting is that it seems common knowledge that Multi B's are not issued under any curcumstances from SEA offices or not in your 'home' country. I can tell you that not only are they being issued they are being issued when all the paperwork is not available (the NZ lady concerned did not have 4x Thai employees per Farang employee hence her 90 day visa runs and also had left her WP at home)..

I had some long talks with Mohammed (the excellent super friendly and helpful agent) and he said that while they were sometimes having problems getting multi B's for people without some of thier paperwork that people with all papers were always given them. He also expressed doubt that this system would change eg if you have everything you would continue to get a multi B but they may get harder on those without thier full papers (his comments and beliefs not mine)..

What a shame, TRT will feel really bad about this. Again one foreigner less in the kingdom, again a business opportunity for a Thai.

Yes agreed it does not cause the TRT (or the people in charge of the TRT anyway) any lost sleep... However she ownes or partially owns (if I understood correctly) 3 businesses and employs a bunch of Thias.. So this is surely what you would call a quality foriegner (she speaks Thai well, she is an employer, she pays taxes, she has a good respect for Thais one on one as opposed to thai beaurocracy, she is a net gain to thailand)..

If someone like that feels forced out of Thailand then thailand is loosing out..