Misled by phishing email (was £10,000 for a tourist visa now?)

Update on contact (Laughable title) with Thai Embassy. Called yesterday morning 9am till 10 am no answer then cut off, then called again 10am till 11.59 no answer then cut off. Yesterday afternoon 2pm till 3.59pm no answer the cut off. This morning 9am till 11am no answer then cut off. seems like they have you waiting for 2 hours then cut you off or until tea break like 10 am yesterday. 

Sorry to bore all you guys but just how the hell in 2023 can an Embassy do any business with conduct such as this? It is something you would not expect in an infants play school. 

I am try to tell them their visa site has been compromised and sort out my visa but its just impossible. 

The person in charge, probably the Ambassador, needs to do something because his Embassy is unfit for purpose

Does anyone have an idea how the heck i can contact them? i mean do i have to travel from the border all the way down to London to actually turn up in person to get to talk to someone? If i do go will i even be allowed to talk to someone? Its disgraceful.

Edited by ewelve
addition
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/22/2023 at 4:54 PM, ewelve said:

Cheers Regyai but cant do that mate, im staying until April next year. This is getting to be a bit messy. My Thai wife of 30 years was told by her Amphur to change her name back to her maiden name or lose her land. she did and now i cant get marriage visa's because our names are not the same. 

Im an old Thailand hand but it seems to me that its just getting that bit silly now with all the regulations changing for the worse just about daily

Are you being spun a yarn about land..........?   :whistling:

Have you been doing tourist visa stuff a lot...............?   ????

Are you still legally married......?   ????

If you are still married, come in on visa exempt, go to Laos and get a one year multi-O, no money in the bank needed, cost 5000bht...:clap2: 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Thanks, but if I get it right one needs to fly out and come back for each "extension" ? What about if you are already in the country on the normal 30 day and with to extend without having to fly out - how many times can that be extended without leaving ? thanks

I arrive in bkk--get my visa exempt STAMP for free 30 days...i fly to CM and extend it another 30 for 1800 bt....then i go to burma and exit and walk back in----and extend that one...and am allowed this 2x a year.....so 30 at bkk--extend....30 in burma and extend and repeat=6 months

im actually riding my mbike to laos -chiang khong this week as burma border are closed for my 2nd land exit---extend that and go work back to work......6  months home and 6 months here

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

I arrive in bkk--get my visa exempt STAMP for free 30 days...i fly to CM and extend it another 30 for 1800 bt....then i go to burma and exit and walk back in----and extend that one...and am allowed this 2x a year.....so 30 at bkk--extend....30 in burma and extend and repeat=6 months

im actually riding my mbike to laos -chiang khong this week as burma border are closed for my 2nd land exit---extend that and go work back to work......6  months home and 6 months here

Great plan and thanks for the tips.  But during the extensions of the 30day exempt at the immigration office, do they ask for any specific bank statements etc ?

Edited by observer90210
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, observer90210 said:

Great plan and thanks for the tips.  But during the extensions of the 30day exempt at the immigration office, do they ask for any specific bank statements etc ?

ive done all mine in CM which is a madhouse but there are two locations....i use the one by airport and they have never asked to see anything but the 1900 fee...its a cash cow..

of course this could vary on passports and home country but for me never   USA PP

basically cash is king and they are making a killing.....if they deny you they deny themselves $$

Edited by Sticky Rice Balls

2 hours ago, ewelve said:

A great guy on here Brit Tim told me its a scam and thinking about it im sure hes right but i cant get through to the damn Embassy to tell them or check.

Hit the reply button but do not send actually send a reply. Then post the return email address on here, perhaps BritTim or someone else can help work out if it is a legitimate address or not.

On 8/22/2023 at 10:54 AM, ewelve said:

My Thai wife of 30 years was told by her Amphur to change her name back to her maiden name or lose her land. she did and now i cant get marriage visa's because our names are not the same. 

That's rubbish, that law was recinded years ago - 1999 if I remember rightly.  You should be able to find the amendment on the internet but any decent lawyer should be able to point you to an official version for a few baht.

The bit about the names not being the same is also BS - many Thai women don't change their name upon marriage.  Provided your marriage certificate has the correct names on it you can apply for a Non O based on Marriage.  If the names are different now - simply submit the marriage certificate, name change certificate and a KR 2. If your wife changed her name back to her maiden name (or any other name, she will have a name change certificate). If she says she doesn't - get a new wife.

Edited by MangoKorat

1 hour ago, ewelve said:

Update on contact (Laughable title) with Thai Embassy. Called yesterday morning 9am till 10 am no answer then cut off, then called again 10am till 11.59 no answer then cut off. Yesterday afternoon 2pm till 3.59pm no answer the cut off. This morning 9am till 11am no answer then cut off. seems like they have you waiting for 2 hours then cut you off or until tea break like 10 am yesterday. 

Sorry to bore all you guys but just how the hell in 2023 can an Embassy do any business with conduct such as this? It is something you would not expect in an infants play school. 

I am try to tell them their visa site has been compromised and sort out my visa but its just impossible. 

The person in charge, probably the Ambassador, needs to do something because his Embassy is unfit for purpose

Does anyone have an idea how the heck i can contact them? i mean do i have to travel from the border all the way down to London to actually turn up in person to get to talk to someone? If i do go will i even be allowed to talk to someone? Its disgraceful.

The consular services in certain thai embassies are often a disgrace. Slow visa processing and absolutely no service by phone...assuming they answer, which often, they do not, 

The consular service in Paris never answers the phone and when the lady does, she brushes off people to find their answers on the website and that's it. Not a very positive image to encourage people to ask for visas and spend their money in Thailand.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ewelve said:

I see you are continuing to ignore all advice and are ploughing on for days and days on the phone to the embassy 

have you not yet figured out that they probably aren’t picking up and when they do, won’t help you in anyway whatsoever? 

1 hour ago, Vibora99 said:

Just raising this is a waste of time for the forum. I would recommend you go to a psychologist in order to get rid of the victim syndrome. Raising stupidities when the solution is to buy a ticket and fly and when you arrive they will give you a stay for 30 days, and then you renew it for another 30 days, and then you fly to Vietnam and return and they give you another 30 days… Stop wasting money time for others...

Notice how he ignores all advice and solutions and just carries on doing exactly what he did at the very start of the thread?

He’s happier on phone to the embassy rather than actually going to Thailand, i think. 

5 minutes ago, rwill said:

The Thai E-visa website says:  "5. Financial evidence: amount of not less than 20,000 THB (Single) and 60,000 THB (Multiple), e.g. bank statements, sponsorship letter"

Yes, there was a post a couple of months back where I'm sure it was established that the £10k thing is a mistake.

59 minutes ago, transam said:

Are you being spun a yarn about land..........?   :whistling:

Have you been doing tourist visa stuff a lot...............?   ????

Are you still legally married......?   ????

If you are still married, come in on visa exempt, go to Laos and get a one year multi-O, no money in the bank needed, cost 5000bht...:clap2: 

careful , it’s a scam post from OP!!!

On 8/22/2023 at 10:33 AM, ewelve said:

it wont print as apparently it is now illegal and banking apps have a safe guard to stop you printing or screen shooting your balance.

You download the CSV file and then print that.  If your bank has an option to download as a PDF - use that, far easier.

On 8/22/2023 at 10:33 AM, ewelve said:

I have just applied for a tourist visa with Thai Embassy London, they asked for proof i had 60,000 baht or more for my stay. 

Should have said before, until you get this sorted, go to Ho Chi Minh and get a 12 month Multi Entry Non O there - no financials required but even if that changes, I seem to remember its £5000. Visa cost is a bit of a rip off at $200 US.

Alternatively, I'm told Savannakhet are now offering the same visa again - also no financials required and the visa fee is 5000 baht.

Provided you have the supporting documents you should not have any problems with the name differences there.  You will though, need a hand written letter from your wife, asking that you be allowed to visit her so could they please grant the visa.......bla bla bla.

Edited by MangoKorat

1 hour ago, ewelve said:

Does anyone have an idea how the heck i can contact them?

It's quite obvious that even though they advertise a phone number, it almost certainly sits in an empty room with nobody to answer it. The level of 'service' is ZERO

Stop wasting your time phoning them

29 minutes ago, Sigmund said:

The consular services in certain thai embassies are often a disgrace. Slow visa processing and absolutely no service by phone...assuming they answer, which often, they do not, 

The consular service in Paris never answers the phone and when the lady does, she brushes off people to find their answers on the website and that's it. Not a very positive image to encourage people to ask for visas and spend their money in Thailand.

Exactly, they might as well be hiring the retarded to work there.

Edited by ukrules

1 hour ago, Vibora99 said:

Just raising this is a waste of time for the forum. I would recommend you go to a psychologist in order to get rid of the victim syndrome. Raising stupidities when the solution is to buy a ticket and fly and when you arrive they will give you a stay for 30 days, and then you renew it for another 30 days, and then you fly to Vietnam and return and they give you another 30 days… Stop wasting money time for others...

Extensions to visit a wife are 60 days.

6 minutes ago, transam said:

60 days....?

Yes. 

Sweet deal for married folk.

Discussed in this thread. 

As BtriTim points out if the 30 day extension is also required best to do in order ..

30+30+60

Edited by DrJack54

On 8/22/2023 at 6:03 AM, FritsSikkink said:

Tourist visa no 10K needed:

Official Website of Thailand Electronic Visa (thaievisa.go.th)

Required Document

(Please check relevant embassy/ consulate's website for specifically required documents)

• 1. Biodata page of Passport or Travel Document
  • 2. Photograph taken within the last six months. If the photograph does not reflect your current appearance you may be refused to enter the Kingdom of Thailand.
  • 3. Travel booking confirmation
  • 4. Proof of accommodation in Thailand, e.g. Accommodation bookings, invitation letters from family/friends in Thailand
  • 5. Financial evidence: amount of not less than 20,000 THB (Single) and 60,000 THB (Multiple), e.g. bank statements, sponsorship letter
  • 6. Document indicating current residency

What is the difference between number 3 and 4? Can you send the same copy of accommodation twice? 

• Confused 1

Just now, DrJack54 said:

Yes. 

Sweet deal for married folk

I remember now, I tried a 60 day, they said no, you already used the 60 day from your original visa, I said did I, that was 2 years back...I had to do a border hop to get things moving again.... ????

• Thumbs Up 1

Bit off topic ...

Any guys married to Thai national and want to enter visa exempt 30 day stamp and wish to maximize stay....do it as a 30+ 30extension + 60 extension to visit wife.

In that order. 

Outlined here in short thread with ubonjoe post 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1276780-60-day-extension-to-visit-spouse-and-family/

Edited by DrJack54