What on earth is TM30 ?!

3 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Been here 16 years. Travelled a good deal. Stayed in dozens of places. Never even knew about a TM30. And certainly never been pulled up for one.

When do these TM30s kick in?

Border runs every 90 days on Non O and stay at wife's house?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Indeed.

BTW did your paperwork include a Lease.

No....I don't lease. Since the wife and I own our home with my name also on the chanote since I have a usufruct I showed that....also showed my Yellow Book.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mokwit said:

It is because of people staying [often illegally] in condos that we all have to do a TM30.

Hopefully your Airbnb term is at least 30 days or it would be illegal, making the TM30 problematic. 

7 hours ago, daveAustin said:

You know when you hand over your passport at a hotel and they fill in your details?, that is regarding TM30 ????

You’ll know about it if you need to extend your visa or try to obtain cert of residence for whatever reason etc. 

Been here over 20 years and never had to submit a TM30. If we go to stay out of province or any hotel, my wife checks us in and I have never been asked for my passport. Also have never been asked for a TM30 at Immigration. What is the problem?

• Like 1

Sorry to sound lost here, but, I've never clearly understood the real rules on just when a TM30 filing should be required and apply...

Originally, I thought, it was basically when you as a foreigner tenant moved to a new permanent residence, and you (or your landlord) needed to notify Immigration of the change.

But then things got muddy and complicated in the past when some Immigration officers began requiring new TM30 every time you went out of Thailand and returned back, or even when you left home in Thailand to temporarily stay in a hotel....

The whole thing has been so bollixed up over time, and I've totally lost track of just what it is and isn't supposed to be...

All I know is the one I have dates back from 2019, and I've had the same permanent residence in Thailand during that entire time. And no one thus far has asked me to file a new one, even when I've left and returned to Thailand and when I've made short-term domestic stays elsewhere within Thailand.

So, at least in my case in BKK, once Immigration has a TM30 for me at my ongoing home address, they don't seem to want a new one no matter where i travel, as long as I return back to my same ongoing home.

Fingers crossed....

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, GypsyT said:

"Any time you enter Thailand with a new visa you are required to do a TM30."

PLUS; "every time you change hotel!" I was told @ Jomtien immigration... A new report within 24h.

Not just with a new visa, but with the exact same multiple entry visa each and every time you re-enter Thailand and stay at the same address, you still need to do a TM30 at Jomtien.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, maxcorrigan said:

Maybe a dumb question but can a person print out and fill in by hand a TM30 before applying for a marriage extention (married with a house ownership that is) Jomtien IO

A TM 30 should be filed with the IO soon after arriving in Thailand.  I'm married to my Thai wife and she owns the house we stay in, within a few days of me returning (after the Covid lock out) I went to Jomtien IO with copies of her house book, ID card and a few other copies I can't recall now (my passport/visa?) Then a few months later I applied for my extension based on marriage.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Not just with a new visa, but with the exact same multiple entry visa each and every time you re-enter Thailand and stay at the same address, you still need to do a TM30 at Jomtien.

The OP in this attached thread appears to indicate TM30 non required for exit reenter on Multi visa .

eg ME Non O 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1169664-thai-immigration-announce-changes-to-tm30-reporting/

Edited by DrJack54

30 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

New TM30 not required. 

You are never in Immigration's TM30/TM47 database - never do TM47, and if no TM30 filed, not in database and no TM30 check on exit.

Edited by mokwit
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Surasak said:

Been here over 20 years and never had to submit a TM30. If we go to stay out of province or any hotel, my wife checks us in and I have never been asked for my passport. Also have never been asked for a TM30 at Immigration. What is the problem?

Been here 27 years and never asked for a TM30 until last year. What province, one where they are still waiting to have telephone lines laid?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, mokwit said:

You are never in Immigration's TM30/TM47 database - never do TM47, and if no TM30 filed, not in database and no TM30 check on exit.

Just an example.....

You go to Savannakhet and obtain a ME Non O marriage and enter Thailand.

Visa valid for 12 months

You need to make a TM30.

That visa is multi when you exit and reenter you do not need to file another TM30 

• Confused 1

19 minutes ago, mokwit said:

Been here 27 years and never asked for a TM30 until last year. What province, one where they are still waiting to have telephone lines laid?

I have been in Thailand for 10 years and have never done a TM30. Bangkok.

My first ever extension from a non O retirement I provided a Lease along with the other requirements such as financials.

Have never required TM30 for certificate of residence, TM47, Extension etc

It is possible that CW might start requesting it.

Last November the asked for TM47 which was first time ever

Edited by DrJack54

12 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Just an example.....

You go to Savannakhet and obtain a ME Non O marriage and enter Thailand.

Visa valid for 12 months

You need to make a TM30.

That visa is multi when you exit and reenter you do not need to file another TM30 

Em... Technically you do.  When you return, if you don't do a TM30, your 90 day report will be refused.  And you will have to update the TM30 and pay a fine.

It's possible you could get lucky a few times, but they will get you eventually. 

When you return to your house from abroad or from a hotel within Thailand, your wife or you should go and update the bloody stupid TM30. 

This is the official law... But many immigration offices pick and choose how they enforce it..or when.

Edited by jak2002003
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Can I suggest you cut the juvenile swaggeringly and irritating diatribe and the teenage chittering mode and ask politely what exactly you can achieve and how.

That way many posters may try to help you.....

Understand?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, mokwit said:

Valid for 12 months without the need for exit and reenter every 90 days? That is what is required with NON O/B one year multiple entries.

The Non-O ME visa for marriage is valid for a year....but does require the holder exits the country every 90-days, as you suggested.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Em... Technically you do.

Depends how you returned to Thailand.

If new visa or visa exempt then you need to file a TM30.

Read the thread attachment in my post several posts back.

It explains clearly the change in rules June 2020..

Edited by DrJack54

22 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

TM-30 is the name of the form used to notify local Immigration that a foreigner is staying at an address in their province.  According to Thai law this has to be done within 24 hours of the foreigner arriving at the premises.

That TM-30 notification is a pain in the a$$, as the Immigration Office will not provide you with any service when it was not done.  Contrary to what you might think it is not the 'responsibility' of the owner of the house/landlord to notify Immigration (although they can be fined when not having done it).  Immigration also considers it the responsibility of the foreigner to ensure that the place where he is staying, has been notified to Immigration.  So if you are in need of an Immigration service (e.g. applying for a 30-day extension of stay or applying for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa or any other service for that matter) and the owner of the place where you are staying has not done it, you are in a conundrum.  

For tourists the solution to that problem is simple > they can simply check into a cheap Hotel and ask the reception to provide them with a copy of the TM-30 that the Hotel is required to make.

But for those that intend to stay long term in Thailand and want to apply for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa or the 1-year extension of such when they got such Non Imm O Visa abroad, the Hotel/Guesthouse solution will not cut it.  Because in that case Immigration wants that they are provided with additional documentation (e.g. housebook, signed copy of Thai ID-card of owner, copy of rental or lease agreement - it will depend upon the specific situation what Immigration requires) that the address will be where you will be staying long-term (and you might get a house visit by Immigration to check whether you are really staying there). 

NOTE: Some posters will respond to the above that they never issued a TM-30 form to Immigration and were not asked for it, and still were provided with the service they required.  That's due to the misunderstanding that the FORM needs to be provided, while it are in fact the 'underlying documents' that need to be provided to Immigration.  E.g. if you provide Immigration with a copy of the rental/lease agreement, they will often do the TM-30 process for you as you provided them with the required evidence of the address where you are staying.

NOOOO dont telll him let him research it with the THAI immigration 

12 hours ago, mokwit said:

When you are staying in Thailand on a 1-year MultipleEntry Non Imm O Visa (acquired in your homecountry or at the Thai consulate in Savannakhet, Laos) you receive a 90-day Permission to stay on entry during the Visa's validity.  If you then never stay longer than 90 days in Thailand, you will indeed never be confronted with the need for a TM-30.  But if you need a service from Immigration (e.g. for a 60 day extension for reason of visiting your wife or you need a residence certificate) they will require a TM-30 as proof of the place where you are staying in their province.  

Note that the owner/landlord of the place where you are staying in Thailand would still need to do the TM-30 to be compliant with Thai law.  But if he/she does not do it, and you never need a service from the local Imm Office, Immigration has no way of finding out.