Biden’s plot to send America back into lockdown must be stopped

Social Media

3 hours ago, placeholder said:

I guess I must have missed that article that was published in the journal of three of my doctors and couple of nurses .

You got any evidence from actual epidemiological studies?

Because it's raining here and I got bored, here's 3 of the dozens I found in a quick search:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC10413536/

The results of our proportion meta-analysis showed that the rate of VZV reactivation among those who received the COVID-19 vaccine was 14 persons per 1000 vaccinations (95% CI 2.97–32.80). Moreover, our meta-analysis for HSV reactivation showed the rate of 16 persons per 1000 vaccinations (95% CI 1.06–46.4). Furthermore, the evidence from case reports/series showed 149 cases of HHV reactivation. There were several vaccines that caused reactivation including BNT162b2 mRNA or Pfizer–BioNTech (n = 76)

In any study of vaccines, 14-16 per 1000 doses would be a HUGE red flag.  Certainly enough to qualify as a common side effect...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9966113/

Bell's Palsy, anyone?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8652627/

Recently, cases of herpes zoster (HZ) characterized by reactivation of varicella zoster virus (VZV) following COVID‐19 vaccines have been reported in the literature 

I had chicken pox as a kid, like most of us.  That left DORMANT virus in my system for around 60 years.  Probably would have stayed dormant until they throw dirt in my face.  But noooo...  I had to get the mRNA.  I'd be an idiot to take another without a gun to my head.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, impulse said:

Because it's raining here and I got bored, here's 3 of the dozens I found in a quick search:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC10413536/

The results of our proportion meta-analysis showed that the rate of VZV reactivation among those who received the COVID-19 vaccine was 14 persons per 1000 vaccinations (95% CI 2.97–32.80). Moreover, our meta-analysis for HSV reactivation showed the rate of 16 persons per 1000 vaccinations (95% CI 1.06–46.4). Furthermore, the evidence from case reports/series showed 149 cases of HHV reactivation. There were several vaccines that caused reactivation including BNT162b2 mRNA or Pfizer–BioNTech (n = 76)

In any study of vaccines, 14-16 per 1000 doses would be a HUGE red flag.  Certainly enough to qualify as a common side effect...

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC9966113/

And here's the conclusion which you failed to note:

"In conclusion, our study showed the possible association between COVID-19 vaccination and herpesvirus reactivation."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

As a professor I suspect he was being quite diplomatic to you.

Actually it's quite a funny story. I did ask questions. Maybe too many.

We were due for a two week research break. The Professor (lecturer) said he went to his local, in Hornchurch (town in Essex, England), on a Friday night, and he would be delighted to see any of us there. Well, I lived in Dagenham (just next door) and turned up. After a couple of drinks, I hit a nerve or two, regarding asking him about the role of medicines; as in medications. Really quite rude of me; now I look back.

Got a call to see my personal Tutor; who went on and on about how difficult it was to get placings, and exchanges, arranged. But as he showed me the door he said; ''Doctors never ask questions. Physiologists always do.'' Think he was a bit proud of me, but couldn't say so.

That's the inglorious story.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, placeholder said:

I guess when you've got nothing, resorting to accusations of lying is one way to go.

Seem to recall you saying similar to some posters on the recent climate thread. Change the record boss.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, impulse said:

Gotta be honest.  I didn't even look at the top to see that we're in the World News forum.  Given the troll baiting nature of the OP, I assumed we were rolling around in the mud of The Pub section.

Well I have to agree there with you, it does seem that way and if it were in the pub then it would be more understandable

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, impulse said:

I had chicken pox as a kid, like most of us.  That left DORMANT virus in my system for around 60 years.  Probably would have stayed dormant until they throw dirt in my face.  But noooo...  I had to get the mRNA.  I'd be an idiot to take another without a gun to my head.

I have to take issue with this. How do you know it was a dormant virus. Viruses are dead to start with. Where can they live in your system for one minute, let alone 60 years? Would that hiding place be inside the cell or outside?

As far as you taking another the MRNA jab; I agree, and hold up your courage, and common sense.

Edited by owl sees all
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, owl sees all said:

Where did I state that?

If you don't get down off that high horse you will fall off it.

You've still got nothing. Come up with a link to a credible source the epidemiologists are lying about varying rates of mortality among different cohorts. In other words put up...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Red Phoenix said:

Placehold-hold-hold-holder, your record is stu-stu-stu-stuck as you keep repea-repea-repea-repeating yourself...

And @BangkokHank already clearly addressed your 'approved credible source' insistance.

>> As for this website's requirement to quote "an approved credible source", that's just a feeble attempt to cover blatant censorship, as whatever proof I present that goes against this site's approved version of events would de facto be deemed neither approved nor credible. As such, it is pointless for me to try to argue with a person who has the right to censor anything I say.

Please. People who had every motivation to find evidence found nothing as the results of the work by 2 forensic teams hired by Trump's campaign show. Even judges appointed by Trump repeatedly ask his intercessors to produce actual evidence. How many victories did they manage to get in court?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, placeholder said:

You've still got nothing. Come up with a link to a credible source the epidemiologists are lying about varying rates of mortality among different cohorts. In other words put up...

Again! I must ask you. Where did I state that?

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

I have to take issue with this. How do you know it was a dormant virus. Viruses are dead to start with. Where can they live in your system for one minute, let alone 60 years? Would that hiding place be inside the cell or outside?

As far as you taking another the MRNA jab; I agree, and hold up your courage, and common sense.

How is a dead virus capable of replicating? You have stated a logical absurdity.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, owl sees all said:

A virus cannot remain 'dormant'. A virus is part of a cell that is decaying or in the process of being broken down. It is not alive. It passes not one of the tests that show a particle to be so.

The body is constantly rejuvenating itself. Millions of cells are dying all the time and are being got rid of through various bodily functions. Much of the cell debris is regarded as viruses.

Virus; from Latin meaning poison or obnoxious substance.

That is not correct. Viruses are not part of a cell that is decaying or in the process of being broken down. Viruses are separate entities from cells. They are made up of genetic material (DNA or RNA) and protein, but they do not have their own cells.

They need to infect a living cell in order to replicate and reproduce.

When a virus infects a cell, it hijacks the cell's machinery to make more copies of itself. The virus's genetic material is inserted into the cell's DNA, and the cell starts to produce proteins that are needed for the virus to replicate. The cell eventually bursts, releasing the new viruses into the environment.

So, while viruses can cause cells to decay, they are not themselves part of a decaying cell. They are separate entities that need to infect a cell in order to survive.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, owl sees all said:

A virus cannot remain 'dormant'. A virus is part of a cell that is decaying or in the process of being broken down. It is not alive. It passes not one of the tests that show a particle to be so.

The body is constantly rejuvenating itself. Millions of cells are dying all the time and are being got rid of through various bodily functions. Much of the cell debris is regarded as viruses.

Virus; from Latin meaning poison or obnoxious substance.

"Latent" is the scientific term. But so what? Dormant is perfectly clear.  Another feature of denialists is that they confuse semantics with science.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

I thought Asean Now was anti disinformation/fake news/conspiracy theories?

This 'polarisation' between Americans must be causing so many problems for both the USA as a whole and at more local levels.  What would have previously been perceived as normal political differences appears to have been turned into hatred.

Polarisation may not be new and is not exclusive to the USA but looking from the outside in, I would lay the blame for what's going on there solely at the feet of one person - Donald Trump.  Those who support him, don't seem to realise that they are being played - those against him react with their own attacks.

Just stop it and get on with sorting out your country's problems - in other words, return to normal politics and stop making every issue personal

Here in the UK, we were going down the slippery slope of polarisation again fueled by one lunatic who much of the population loved.  Thankfully his party finally got rid of him a few months back and we are now slowly returning to normal politics.

Quite how people believe in and support these massively populist figures in the first place is difficult to understand - as neither of them use any particularly truthful or scientific elements in their policies. What they seemed to rely on to promote their cause was to portray plain and simple hatred of their political opponents.  What their supporters didn't seem to realise was that their 'leaders' 'causes' were more centralised on promoting their persona and achieving 'greatness' than bringing about change for the better in terms of the country as a whole - something normally expected of a political leader.  One word could be used to describe both Trump and Johnson - Narccissistic.

There's always going to be political differences - that's healthy and in a democracy often leads to policies that are acceptable to all political flavours.  Can't you in the USA just get back to normal politics and end this stupidity that is tearing your country apart?

What's worrying to me - and yes, worrying because of policies that have world wide consequences, is that the existence of Trump and the support base he generated has now lead to the emergence of others who may continue his methods long after he's gone.

Anyone who saw Vivek Ramaswamy's speech at the recent debate would understand what I mean - clearly anti climate change and pro business at any cost - worrying. Quite how anyone today can hold such views is totally baffling - large parts of Canada are on fire and look at Hawaii.

If you have any love for your grandchildren and want to make sure thay have a safe planet on which to live - stop this hatred and get back to dealing with the things that matter.  Currently nothing matters more than climate change and reducing human being's massive consumption of the planet's resources.

If only i had a bunch of roses!

12 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

That is not correct. Viruses are not part of a cell that is decaying or in the process of being broken down. Viruses are separate entities from cells. They are made up of genetic material (DNA or RNA) and protein, but they do not have their own cells.

They need to infect a living cell in order to replicate and reproduce.

When a virus infects a cell, it hijacks the cell's machinery to make more copies of itself. The virus's genetic material is inserted into the cell's DNA, and the cell starts to produce proteins that are needed for the virus to replicate. The cell eventually bursts, releasing the new viruses into the environment.

So, while viruses can cause cells to decay, they are not themselves part of a decaying cell. They are separate entities that need to infect a cell in order to survive.

Can they be seen with an electron microscope?

Point me to a paper or study that supports what you say.

7 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Can they be seen with an electron microscope?

Point me to a paper or study that supports what you say.

Yes then can be seen with an electron microscope but not a  light microscope.

You want a link? Yes happy to supply that for you but first you need to get your ducks in order and supply some links to these claims:

"The people that live with 'comorbidities' are the people most at risk if they take the jab. From the effects of the jab itself. Back in the day at medical school we called them 'underlying conditions'. After all; you wouldn't want to start cutting into them, or filling a patient with drugs, unless you knew. Same thing."

• Like 1