Dr Pakpilai Thavisin: From anti-aging pioneer to wife of Thailand’s new PM

webfact

image.jpeg

Dr Pakpilai Thavisin is feeling heat from the media spotlight after her husband Srettha Thavisin became Thailand’s 30th prime minister. But this is far from her first taste of fame.

With her high-flying career and fashionable dress sense, Pakpilai has been a favorite subject of gossip columns for years. She has also aired her views in media interviews.

Last year, she ranked among the five winners of Hello! Magazine’s honorary awards. The accolade was granted in recognition of her significant contributions to Thailand’s beauty and healthcare industry.

Brainy beauty

Pakpilai was born in 1961 to Pol Lt-General Pon Paladraksa and his wife Udomsi. Her maternal grandfather was Phra Ram-indra, who rose to become chief of the Royal Thai Police.

Though having grown up in Bangkok’s busy Sukhumvit area, Pakpilai recalled running in a paddy field, chasing buffaloes, and shopping at a small local market by the Saen Saeb Canal during her childhood. She said she also spent her free time helping with house chores and cooking.

image.jpeg

By Thai PBS World’s Political Desk

TOP: Dr Pakpilai Thavisin//Photo : MakeupThailand

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/dr-pakpilai-thavisin-from-anti-aging-pioneer-to-wife-of-thailands-new-pm/

-- Thai PBS 2023-08-26

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Though having grown up in Bangkok’s busy Sukhumvit area, Pakpilai recalled running in a paddy field, chasing buffaloes, and shopping at a small local market by the Saen Saeb Canal during her childhood. She said she also spent her free time helping with house chores and cooking.

Such nostalgia... 

On 8/26/2023 at 11:14 AM, ikke1959 said:

First lady is only for a president.. Srettha is not a president het is a Prime Minister.. so no way she is a First Lady.. she wants a title but doesn't deserve it

What a nerdy comment. Where does it say anything about her being 1st lady? Monarchies don't have 1st ladies anyway, they have queens.

9 hours ago, jacko45k said:
16 hours ago, scorecard said:

Does the PM or the wife of the PM speak English?

9 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I believe the PM is fluent, he was partially educated in the USA. with a bachelors and Masters degrees from there. 

Both speak English. https://www.vitallifeintegratedhealth.com/en-US/Doctors/Dr-Pakpilai-Thavisin

14 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

What a disgusting comment! What sewer did you crawl out of?

Would much rather crawl from a sewer than behave like the Thai establishment, you are your actions and they display absolute contempt for their people. Scumbags one and all and really hope karma comes back and bites them on the arse.....

• Sad 1

41 minutes ago, mark131v said:

Would much rather crawl from a sewer than behave like the Thai establishment, you are your actions and they display absolute contempt for their people. Scumbags one and all and really hope karma comes back and bites them on the arse.....

Welcome to my 'ignore user' list, SCUMBAG!

6 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Welcome to my 'ignore user' list, SCUMBAG!

I was taught from an early age that it's better not to argue with idiots so I wish you goodnight!

Never bothered with an ignore list but whatever and I won't miss your sparkling conversation......

5 hours ago, Moonlover said:

What a nerdy comment. Where does it say anything about her being 1st lady? Monarchies don't have 1st ladies anyway, they have queens.

They changed the text ...... the original text was that she became the First Lady as the wife of the PM...

17 hours ago, proton said:

'Though having grown up in Bangkok’s busy Sukhumvit area, Pakpilai recalled running in a paddy field, chasing buffaloes'

How old is she 110?

So what is so unusual about that? Many Thais have family links in the countryside and visiting them during holidays is a regular theme in their lives. Hence the exodus from Bangkok during those periods.

13 hours ago, Somjot said:

She must clearly be using growth hormones in her anti aging regimens.

Her husband is 192 cm tall - and he is Thai.

Hormone treatments are mentioned in her VitalLife business website, but I don't see what that has to do with her husband's height. Male human beings reach their full height by the time they reach 16 years. 

I was reading that Srettha Thavisin is the 2nd tallest PM in the world after  Volodymyr Groysman of Ukraine. Quite unusual for an Asian.