Deadly Altercation Erupts Among Friends Over 'Hitler' Drawing

webfact

3 hours ago, save the frogs said:

and how do you propose doing that when there are dozens if not hundreds of incidents throughout our lives, not to mention daily news that causes this repressed anger?

See a psychiatrist doctor.  

It's not a normal thing to have repressed anger... Especially to the degree it will make you flip out and murder someone for a trivial reason.. 

3 minutes ago, pomchop said:
North Carolina and Georgia...i only lived there for decades and still visit and see it most every day....go to a gun show and buy anything you want no problem.  Carry your gun into a bar or store, no problem.  Look it up rather than saying it does not exist as you obviously have no clue.

Last updatedJANUARY 5, 2023.

Georgia also generally allows any person who is not prohibited by law from possessing a firearm to openly carry a long gun in most public spaces.1

Under permitless carry legislation enacted in 2022,2 Georgia law now generally authorizes any “lawful weapons carrier” to carry handguns openly or concealed in most public spaces without any permit required.3 A person is a lawful weapons carrier if (1) they would be eligible for a weapons carry license under Georgia law (whether or not they have a license) and are not otherwise prohibited by law from possessing a handgun or long gun, (2) if they are a resident of any other state who would otherwise be eligible to obtain a weapons carry license under Georgia law but for the residency requirement, or (3) if they are licensed to carry a weapon in any other state.4

These general public carry laws are subject to certain location restrictions.

North Carolina generally authorizes people to openly carry firearms in public with no permit or license required, although carrying firearms either openly or concealed is restricted in certain sensitive locations.1 (For more information about those location restrictions, see our pages on Location Restrictions in North Carolina and Guns in Schools in North Carolina).

He's still right that it isn't easy to actually see anyone carrying a gun openly. It's a huge country, with hundreds of thousands of cities, and of course people do carry openly somewhere at some time. I again, sold guns and hunted for most of my  62 years there, and never saw anyone openly carrying. I did see them when they came into my store and showed me their gun which was concealed. People who carry legally have stopped many crimes from happening or going further. Facts are there.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

He's still right that it isn't easy to actually see anyone carrying a gun openly. It's a huge country, with hundreds of thousands of cities, and of course people do carry openly somewhere at some time. I again, sold guns and hunted for most of my  62 years there, and never saw anyone openly carrying. I did see them when they came into my store and showed me their gun which was concealed. People who carry legally have stopped many crimes from happening or going further. Facts are there.

Go to NC and open your eyes for a few days and watch people walking around wal mart or gas stations with a gun holster on their belt like it's the wild west....if you sold guns i would think you might be a bit more familiar with various states gun laws.

I hunted all my life and never once felt the need for an assualt rifle and hope to never ever meet any sportsman hunter who would even consider it.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, pomchop said:

Go to NC and open your eyes for a few days and watch people walking around wal mart or gas stations with a gun holster on their belt like it's the wild west....if you sold guns i would think you might be a bit more familiar with various states gun laws.

I hunted all my life and never once felt the need for an assualt rifle and hope to never ever meet any sportsman hunter who would even consider it.

Any rifle that has bullets of a caliber powerful enough to humanely kill a deer is okay. You can call it an assault rifle because that's the moniker some have chosen. Of course no gun needs more than a few bullets to go hunting, so that's a place for magazine limits. Some people also like to shoot at targets, and love the feeling of shooting many times rapid fire. A lot go hog hunting , where rapid fire might help shooting at a moving target. These aren't the people who are going out killing others. Legitimate hunters and target shooters are just that. Mentally ill people who buy , borrow or take weapons from other legal holders are the ones that do the killing. Or mentally ill that use illegal guns obtained in various ways. I am familiar with the laws but they are varied in many states. I didn't mention I lived in Texas the last 32 years before I moved here, and that's where I had my license to sell. Texans have the most registered guns in America, and I never saw anyone carrying a weapon besides a few that looked like they might have had a gun under a shirt.  I did see a few come into my store with a gun on their hip, which I forgot to mention earlier.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2023 at 6:04 AM, ezzra said:

Most youth that uses Hitler/Nazism symbols don't know much or at all the true meaning of those acts, they use it to express their own frustrations with either society or their poor life's choice.

True, my Thai son's uni sports team wanted to add the swastica to their team logo. Son quickly objected and also quickly realised all the othe team members had no knowledge whatever what it meant / how it connected to WW2, germany, hitler etc.

Son has a big world history library in Thai and in English and hes' read quite extensively about WW2, hitler etc.

He quickly took several books in Thai to uni ew WW2, hitler, swasticas etc., and showed them to the other team members. For them their first ever understanding of WW2, hitler, swasticas etc. They quickly dropped the idea add the swastica to their team logo.

But I recall son was disturbed when a couple of the team members said 'it's too old to worry about' etc.

On 8/29/2023 at 9:42 PM, pomchop said:

Not many people, other than government and military carry a select fire assault rifle around.  Especially in public! 

• Like 1

On 8/29/2023 at 6:20 PM, pomchop said:
North Carolina and Georgia...i only lived there for decades and still visit and see it most every day....go to a gun show and buy anything you want no problem.  Carry your gun into a bar or store, no problem.  Look it up rather than saying it does not exist as you obviously have no clue.

Georgia also generally allows any person who is not prohibited by law from possessing a firearm to openly carry a long gun in most public spaces.1

Under permitless carry legislation enacted in 2022,2 Georgia law now generally authorizes any “lawful weapons carrier” to carry handguns openly or concealed in most public spaces without any permit required.3 A person is a lawful weapons carrier if (1) they would be eligible for a weapons carry license under Georgia law (whether or not they have a license) and are not otherwise prohibited by law from possessing a handgun or long gun, (2) if they are a resident of any other state who would otherwise be eligible to obtain a weapons carry license under Georgia law but for the residency requirement, or (3) if they are licensed to carry a weapon in any other state.4

These general public carry laws are subject to certain location restrictions.

North Carolina generally authorizes people to openly carry firearms in public with no permit or license required, although carrying firearms either openly or concealed is restricted in certain sensitive locations.1 (For more information about those location restrictions, see our pages on Location Restrictions in North Carolina and Guns in Schools in North Carolina).

Spoken like a true woke leftist. You can't resist casting personal aspersions even though I was being completely polite and respectful with you and you put words into my mouth that I did not say. And you divert from what you originally said once backed into a corner because you were wrong and can't back out of it, so you think that by moving the goal posts you can salvage your sunk ship. This happens seemingly every time I waste my time speaking with someone on an ideological, but illogical, bent.
I specifically stated that I was referring to my experience in the 3 States that I had lived in, which happen to be much more liberal, politically, and strict in their gun laws. And in your context, you were referring to what another individual commented on here, referring to "<deleted> the Slaveholder South." I mentioned that I had not experienced anything remotely similar whatsoever to your claims of being able "to buy and carry any gun of any kind any where (sic).... little to no training or restrictions..." Then, you now respond with a narrowing of your context to 2 particular States, which still doesn't match what you said, but does still match what I had said. For example, in Georgia you cannot carry a gun into a post office, into government buildings, onto college campuses, or in historic sites or recreational areas or parks. To interpret for you, since you seem to be the "clueless" one, rather than how you said that I "obviously have no clue" - this means that you cannot "carry any gun of any kind any where (sic)..." There are plenty of other examples I could use to show other aspects of your statements to be false (e.g., "Carry your gun into a bar or store, no problem" as a blanket statement, in Georgia, also inaccurate/false among other things you've said.)  and make it appear to be a kind of fearmongering with no basis in reality, but you've already proven that it is very likely useless to go any further with you, as you immediately jumped into the usual sort of tactic that I encounter with ideologues spouting nonsense by denigrating my character and diverting the point at hand in an attempt to suit what appear to be disingenuous purposes. Or perhaps you were just having a bad couple of days? I don't know. I hope that's the case. I imagine you have friends who will agree with you. Maybe you could enjoy refining your ill thought out ideas, and learning to discern fact from fiction and general statements that are incorrect without qualifications, with them and dig a bigger darker pit because I won't be responding further.

3 hours ago, Sig said:

Spoken like a true woke leftist. You can't resist casting personal aspersions even though I was being completely polite and respectful with you and you put words into my mouth that I did not say. And you divert from what you originally said once backed into a corner because you were wrong and can't back out of it, so you think that by moving the goal posts you can salvage your sunk ship. This happens seemingly every time I waste my time speaking with someone on an ideological, but illogical, bent.
I specifically stated that I was referring to my experience in the 3 States that I had lived in, which happen to be much more liberal, politically, and strict in their gun laws. And in your context, you were referring to what another individual commented on here, referring to "<deleted> the Slaveholder South." I mentioned that I had not experienced anything remotely similar whatsoever to your claims of being able "to buy and carry any gun of any kind any where (sic).... little to no training or restrictions..." Then, you now respond with a narrowing of your context to 2 particular States, which still doesn't match what you said, but does still match what I had said. For example, in Georgia you cannot carry a gun into a post office, into government buildings, onto college campuses, or in historic sites or recreational areas or parks. To interpret for you, since you seem to be the "clueless" one, rather than how you said that I "obviously have no clue" - this means that you cannot "carry any gun of any kind any where (sic)..." There are plenty of other examples I could use to show other aspects of your statements to be false (e.g., "Carry your gun into a bar or store, no problem" as a blanket statement, in Georgia, also inaccurate/false among other things you've said.)  and make it appear to be a kind of fearmongering with no basis in reality, but you've already proven that it is very likely useless to go any further with you, as you immediately jumped into the usual sort of tactic that I encounter with ideologues spouting nonsense by denigrating my character and diverting the point at hand in an attempt to suit what appear to be disingenuous purposes. Or perhaps you were just having a bad couple of days? I don't know. I hope that's the case. I imagine you have friends who will agree with you. Maybe you could enjoy refining your ill thought out ideas, and learning to discern fact from fiction and general statements that are incorrect without qualifications, with them and dig a bigger darker pit because

I won't be responding further.....nor will I.

• Haha 2