No outside food or drink….

bob smith

35 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You are speaking on your behalf and you arent speaking for the rest of the World .

You personally do not like British Males , that isnt the case for the rest of the worlds 7 Billion people though 

Just the truth mate.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 3

3 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

It isn't, you only speak on behalf of yourself . 

You aren't a spokesman for the World .

You personally don't like British Males and that is just your personal opinion , its not a World opinion 

Sorry you have no idea what others think including Brits. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

1 minute ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I have quite often seen Australians trying to start fights in bars, just for their own entertainment, When I was in Thailand, the usual nationality for starting fights or going on a drunken shouty rampage were Australians . 

Having a few beers and then having some aggroo seem to be a national past time ...............rather like what you are doing now , trying to cause a fight 

I agree lots of badly behaved bogans. I don't like them either. They go to Pattaya with the bad Brits.

• Haha 1

On 8/30/2023 at 3:06 AM, Furioso said:

The chef advised me it might not be a bad idea to live in Jomtien, she didn't really enjoy being around most of her customers(most were from India or China). 

I've seen FB Marketplace property for rent that stated "We do not accept Chinese or Indian".

• Thanks 1

On 8/30/2023 at 1:31 PM, connda said:

Back to Chinese bashing again.  Low-hanging fruit for discussion, 'eh?

Given the over-abundance of source material it's pretty hard to pass up.

I've seen similar behavior my Chinese tourists in several countries.

In some countries business owners set up special toilets with signs in chinese directing then to use these. It's not because of their propensity for leaving toilets sparkling clean either.

On 8/31/2023 at 9:22 AM, KhunLA said:

I'll quote myself and simply highlight the 3 parts that should point out I certainly wasn't upset about her advisory.

"Waitress, instead of thinking, 'ding dong farang, can't park there' informed me, odd days, you need to park on other side of street.

Thank You"

Okay so you were being thankful for the advice. Fair enough. Yes that does make a lot more sense now I re-read it.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

Given the over-abundance of source material it's pretty hard to pass up.

I've seen similar behavior my Chinese tourists in several countries.

In some countries business owners set up special toilets with signs in chinese directing then to use these. It's not because of their propensity for leaving toilets sparkling clean either.

Do they hit the rim, or is it a case of log jam?

On 8/30/2023 at 7:12 PM, scorecard said:

Wow, you must be fun at parties. Mr. Pefectin every way. Getting so excited about tiny subjects, must bring you great pleasure.

Take a break and calm down.

Over the first few years living here I too was irritated /puzzled /offended /shocked/angry/scared of things I observed here.

It's taken me nearly six years to finally realize that :

1. Nothing will change here because I don't like it, whether a major or minor incident.

2. Reacting or engaging in any way with either the offenders or their victims is highly likely to land me in the hospital or jail, or even taking a dirt bath.

3. The energy /thought/ emotion I expended on these reactions was not well spent.

4. My peacefulness and contentment in life, here and abroad, increases proportionally to how much I learn to ignore things that don't really mean much or affect me at all.

5. If I am directly affected by events I need to scale my response proportionally to the actual harm I suffer.

Paying twice as much as a Thai national to enter a park or watching the daily spectacle of 'Thais Behaving Badly' do not qualify. Indeed, 95% of the nonsense I observe does not qualify. Few things that are apt to elicit a cortisol barrage do qualify.

On the other hand I guess these things do help keep the lights on at Asean Now apparently. Everybody needs a hobby I guess. Seriously? Six pages in this thread about some Chinese people eating lunch.

Edited by RocketDog
Tried to correct the bold formatting but it doesn't seem possible. The editor on this forum site is seriously flawed. But again, I refuse to get upset about it.
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

Over the first few years living here I too was irritated /puzzled /offended /shocked/angry/scared of things I observed here.

It's taken me nearly six years to finally realize that :

1. Nothing will change here because I don't like it, whether a major or minor incident.

2. Reacting or engaging in any way with either the offenders or their victims is highly likely to land me in the hospital or jail, or even taking a dirt bath.

3. The energy /thought/ emotion I expended on these reactions was not well spent.

4. My peacefulness and contentment in life, here and abroad, increases proportionally to how much I learn to ignore things that don't really mean much or affect me at all.

5. If I am directly affected by events I need to scale my response proportionally to the actual harm I suffer.

Paying twice as much as a Thai national to enter a park or watching the daily spectacle of 'Thais Behaving Badly' do not qualify. Indeed, 95% of the nonsense I observe does not qualify. Few things that are apt to elicit a cortisol barrage do qualify.

On the other hand I guess these things do help keep the lights on at Asean Now apparently. Everybody needs a hobby I guess. Seriously? Six pages in this thread about some Chinese people eating lunch.

No, there were eating their own stuff in a restaurant business that sells food.

On top of that, this is a chat forum, this forum is also a business.............????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, patman30 said:

Maybe if the sign said "不允许携带外食或饮料" they would understand.
Did you not translate for them?

Why should he, would you....?

Probably not, you'd be eating your fish & chips you bought up the road..............????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, patman30 said:

Maybe if the sign said "不允许携带外食或饮料" they would understand.
Did you not translate for them?

last I checked we were in Thailand, not China.

Why on earth would they have signs in Chinese?

and btw, they had images stating that food was banned. 

They should have got the point from those, but they didnt.

Why?

Only they know that answer to that...

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, transam said:

Why should he, would you....?

Probably not, you'd be eating your fish & chips you bought up the road..............????

no i wouldn't, as i wouldn't care, its not my business,
but i also wouldn't go online crying about it
just to bash others in an attempt to make myself feel better
fish & chips up the road?????

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, bob smith said:

Why?

i should include /s in my posts
so you know its sarcasm
my point was more, just mind your own business and enjoy your own coffee
its not your business and its not something to cry about online
if they spoilt your atmosphere, then just go elsewhere

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, patman30 said:

its not your business and its not something to cry about online

why is it not my business if they were in my vicinity and disturbed me with their piggish mannerisms? 

and why should I go elsewhere? I am a regular patron of 10 years.

They are just on holiday.

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, patman30 said:

no i wouldn't, as i wouldn't care, its not my business,
but i also wouldn't go online crying about it
just to bash others in an attempt to make myself feel better
fish & chips up the road?????

I think you are overreacting..........????

"Up the road", it means the fish & chip shop was up the road from wherever you thought it was OK to munch your grub for free.............????

23 minutes ago, bob smith said:

Why?

Patters probably does it himself, rascal.................????

• Haha 1

Just now, transam said:

I think you are overreacting..........????

"Up the road", it means the fish & chip shop was up the road from wherever you thought it was OK to munch your grub for free.............????

i don't eat such poor choices of food anymore
the biz owner could just be happy to get a few more coffee sales, times are hard