Does money make YOU happy?

bob smith

24 minutes ago, ravip said:

when you have money you are a slave to everyone who wants to get it from you.

slave to the latest iphone, fastest car, newest rolex etc

This is an issue specific to an Individual. 

A rich person can enjoy the luxuries available without being a slave. 

I agree with your post ravip, and as the original post says, "Does money make YOU happy", then my take on it is that money can give one the comfort of knowing that they can buy anything they want which makes them happy.

As someone once said, "money in itself doesn't make me happy, but the things I can buy with it do".

As other posts have touched on, there are rich people who are mean and miserable and there are poor people who are just the opposite, so it's up to the individual concerned.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ravip said:

when you have money you are a slave to everyone who wants to get it from you.

slave to the latest iphone, fastest car, newest rolex etc

I agree with your post ravip, and as the original post says, "Does money make YOU happy", then my take on it is that money can give one the comfort of knowing that they can buy anything they want which makes them happy.

As someone once said, "money in itself doesn't make me happy, but the things I can buy with it do".

As other posts have touched on, there are rich people who are mean and miserable and there are poor people who are just the opposite, so it's up to the individual concerned.

6 hours ago, Datsun 1200 said:

A really killer "man cave" helps, if that is on your list....

IH

In the states, a man cave almost always should be re-labled as a "I do not have sex with my wife anymore, so I have this useless stuff to compensate"-cave

I live the life of Richie Rich-Manhattanite right now.

I have a huge apartment with a great view, have a maid, laundry service, and Grabcab, which is almost like a private car service. If I ping them from the 9th floor, they're always waiting outside by the time I get downstairs. I can't believe the magic carpet that is Grab.

I have a personal trainer, an acupuncturist, a pot delivery person. I can eat anything under the sun, any time I want it, either out or in.

Very nice people deliver bottled water and iced tea to me from 7/11 at a moment's whim. I can have any medical need sorted out in 2 hours. 

Yeah, it's great. Like being a 2-week millionaire forever, but without the awkwardness in the morning before the buffet.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

On 8/31/2023 at 6:17 PM, bob smith said:

when i was dirt poor i was free in many ways that i am no longer.

when you have money you are a slave to everyone who wants to get it from you.

slave to the latest iphone, fastest car, newest rolex etc

when you are poor none of that matters.

you just dont care.

LOL.

I am one step up from being dirt poor and I do not consider myself free at all. If I can't afford petrol to drive, then I can't drive and I'm stuck where I am. That's not freedom at all.

I used to have a lot of money, but drove an old car, didn't buy a mobile, didn't buy a rolex or any other toys that rich people think important. It's quite easy to not be a consumer slave. I spent it on women in Thailand and the rest I wasted.

For all of you that are having issues with jealousy, I would suggest the 

book "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill and many other similar "prosperity" books. Otherwise you think about money very much like your parents do/did. Was/is it healthy?

IH

Edited by Datsun 1200
Double

3 hours ago, Datsun 1200 said:

For all of you that are having issues with jealousy, I would suggest the 

book "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill and many other similar "prosperity" books. Otherwise you think about money very much like your parents do/did. Was/is it healthy?

IH

Read that book. Guy was a bit of a crook though.

5 hours ago, Datsun 1200 said:

From all that above, the car worth $250,000 , huge TV, F1 simulator, drum kit

8 x 4 pool table, you belittle the pinball machine!!?

Dude, you're arguing with a simpleton who thinks Parmesan cheese smells like vomit. You're on a hiding to nothing talking to this oxygen thief.

• Thanks 1