Norwegian Man Hangs Himself in Pattaya

snoop1130

10683-696x522.jpg

A Norwegian man hanged himself inside his house in Pattaya on Thursday, August 31st.

The suicide was reported to the Pattaya Police Station half an hour past midnight today, prompting the police and rescue services to rush to a house located in the Eakmongkol Village 4 in Soi Khao Talo, Banglamung District, Chonburi province.

There, the body of a 52-year-old Norwegian man was found hanging by a nylon rope around his neck attached to a roof beam. The name of the victim has been withheld by The Pattaya News, as per standard editorial policy, until his family and embassy are notified.

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Full Story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/08/31/norwegian-man-hangs-himself-in-pattaya/

-- The Pattaya News 2023-08-31

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 5

3 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Oh how sad.

Why kill yourself for a failed relationship with a Thai bar girl!

(read the full article)

Doubt it. Killed himself due to years of depression or other things i would think. 

The story sounds bs and you believed it

Edited by bignok
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

Poor bugger. I suspect many of us have experienced this sort of pain after putting our faith in some one who is no more than a wreck of a person with a 3rd grade education who had any human feelings burnt out long ago. RIP old mate ????????

I believe most have not any long term experience with people like you describe, be it a gf or friends! 

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, bignok said:

I find it near impossible to believe a 52yo would kill himself over a bargirl unless she robbed him blind. Suicides Ive read about were either medical issues, massive loss of money or years of depression. So unless she stole all his money she wasnt the reason.

A bar girl or any girl would only be a executive reason, not why he became suicidal.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, bignok said:

37 is so young. So much you can do at that age

Even I had a blast on my rollercoaster up to 36, my quality life didn't start before after 50, realized I do not need to  chase anything anymore to get my quick fixes and feeling fully alive for a short moment.. Anyway, if the  pain is to great, I'm not going to condemn anyone who choose to finish life when they had enough off everything. But sad he didn't have time or energy to pull out off it, to experience another ride up to finely understand how to change things for the better for himself. There is always light in the other end. 

If he had taken time to get to know her, he likely would have realized soon enough, she was not the woman he thought she was, and was not worthy of his devotion. The fact that they were continually arguing says it all. There are plenty of fish in the sea, as they say. Killing oneself over a failed relationship is beyond pathetic. Suicide is a spectacularly selfish act, and people just do not realize the effect it has on friends and family.

Edited by spidermike007
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

If he had taken time to get to know her, he likely would have realized soon enough, she was not the woman he thought she was, and was not worthy of his devotion. The fact that they were continually arguing says it all. There are plenty of fish in the sea, as they say. Killing oneself over a failed relationship is beyond pathetic. Suicide is a spectacularly selfish act, and people just do not realize the effect it has on friends and family.

I'm surprised some stays in any toxic relationship at all, but some never knew anything else from growing up in dysfunctional families, and for them the normality reality.

I think many of those I know or knew, kind of identify themselves with girls from broken homes and relationships.

I can not count how many girls I have met in life who start with her history about everything in her life that went wrong, and obviously many men feel for them, and find excuses for why they are what they are, and what they do to them. 

Or some men are just so deleted, that nobody else stands to be with them, except the broken ones. 

If a girl start her relationship with you telling you about her broken life, run and never look back.

• Thumbs Up 1

Apparently according to his friends she was not secretly working, as they were both in the business which was new. 

I guess the "business" is all hers now then. Which makes me wonder if it was actually suicide.

Should he not go to the police forensic dept. for autopsy, not a ''Local'' hospital ?

58 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I'm surprised some stays in any toxic relationship at all, but some never knew anything else from growing up in dysfunctional families, and for them the normality reality.

I think many of those I know or knew, kind of identify themselves with girls from broken homes and relationships.

I can not count how many girls I have met in life who start with her history about everything in her life that went wrong, and obviously many men feel for them, and find excuses for why they are what they are, and what they do to them. 

Or some men are just so deleted, that nobody else stands to be with them, except the broken ones. 

If a girl start her relationship with you telling you about her broken life, run and never look back.

Totally agree with all of that. I am always looking for harmony, in a relationship. Nothing beats a quiet home, with an outstanding woman who is a great mate, a fun person to be around and always has your back. 

Some of us possess that great fortune in life. Some, like you say, don't or won't even look for it, or even consider it a possibility. Some are so broken, they don't even consider  themselves worthy of a life like that. And some are so indoctrinated, they come here and don't know that is even the objective. 

10 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Apparently according to his friends she was not secretly working, as they were both in the business which was new. 

I guess the "business" is all hers now then. Which makes me wonder if it was actually suicide.

Should he not go to the police forensic dept. for autopsy, not a ''Local'' hospital ?

So a 50kg woman picked up a farang and did this?