Trump trial in Fulton County will be televised, judge says

Social Media

40 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

All those cameras, photographers and reporters.

I wonder if Melania will show up to grab the limelight.

FYI

The Very Private Life of Melania Trump

The former first lady has mostly retreated from public view — and steered clear of the campaign trail — while her husband fights to return to the White House and faces increasing legal peril.

Updated July 27, 2023

What she has not done, despite invitations from her husband, is appear on the campaign trail. Nor has she been at his side for any of his court appearances.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/07/26/us/politics/melania-trump-2024-campaign.html

https://archive.ph/oBpME

• Thanks 2

Interesting update now that the entire Grand Jury report is available.  Takeaway is that the results of the Grand Jury were accidentally posted before they even finished.  The 19 defendants were mentioned the morning of, before the proceeding was completed that evening. 

Now, the rest of the report says the Grand Jury recommended indicting 39 people.  How, exactly, did they know which of the 39 were actually going to be indicted that morning if the fix wasn't in?

Trump may be guilty as sin, and that will come out in the trial.  But something stinks about the process.  Even if you completely disagree with these guys' analysis of the facts, the facts they lay out are disturbing.

https://www.foxnews.com/video/6336940745112

• Confused 2

23 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

FYI

The Very Private Life of Melania Trump

The former first lady has mostly retreated from public view — and steered clear of the campaign trail — while her husband fights to return to the White House and faces increasing legal peril.

Updated July 27, 2023

What she has not done, despite invitations from her husband, is appear on the campaign trail. Nor has she been at his side for any of his court appearances.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/07/26/us/politics/melania-trump-2024-campaign.html

https://archive.ph/oBpME

I was being facetious.

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

You still believe what FOX tell you?

Based on the speed with which you replied, there's no way you could have watched the link.  So you have absolutely no useful input.  But don't let that stop you.  Trump haters never do.

Edit:  Here's how I will respond, though.  You can question and absolutely disagree with their analysis.  But they're not going to get the chronology wrong.  It's too easy to fact check. 

And the chronology stinks.

Edited by impulse

6 minutes ago, impulse said:

Interesting update now that the entire Grand Jury report is available.  Takeaway is that the results of the Grand Jury were accidentally posted before they even finished.  The 19 defendants were mentioned the morning of, before the proceeding was completed that evening. 

Now, the rest of the report says the Grand Jury recommended indicting 39 people.  How, exactly, did they know which of the 39 were actually going to be indicted that morning if the fix wasn't in?

Trump may be guilty as sin, and that will come out in the trial.  But something stinks about the process.  Even if you completely disagree with these guys' analysis of the facts, the facts they lay out are disturbing.

https://www.foxnews.com/video/6336940745112

First and foremost, it is the truth Fox News cannot be trusted.

3 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

First and foremost, it is the truth Fox News cannot be trusted.

Once again, you can question and absolutely disagree with their analysis.  But they're not going to get the chronology wrong.  It's too easy to fact check. 

8 minutes ago, impulse said:

Based on the speed with which you replied, there's no way you could have watched the link.  So you have absolutely no useful input.  But don't let that stop you.  Trump haters never do.

Edit:  Here's how I will respond, though.  You can question and absolutely disagree with their analysis.  But they're not going to get the chronology wrong.  It's too easy to fact check. 

Why would I watch FOX, they have confessed in court filings to being liars.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Why would I watch FOX, they have confessed in court filings to being liars.

You probably shouldn't unless you double up on your blood pressure meds.  

I, OTOH, follow Fox, CNN, Daily Caller, Politico, Western Journal, USA Today, Al Jazeera, RT and a few others.  Because none of them are fair and balanced.  But I look for the data, not the analysis.

I still can't stomach MSNBC, and I only go to CNN if a link sends me there...

Edit:  BTW, "Laptop is Russian disinformation" should disqualify most of your sources as liars if you were being fair.

Edited by impulse

1 minute ago, impulse said:

I, OTOH, follow Fox, CNN, Daily Caller, Politico, Western Journal, USA Today, Al Jazeera, RT and a few others.  Because none of them are fair and balanced.  But I look for the data, not the analysis.

You should give MSNBC another try.

Rachel was bang on the money with her reporting on Trump’s tax fraud.

And much else beside.

I give FOX* news and RT a miss bum it will give most others an ear.

*Caveat, FOX was unmissable for Onama’s two wins and Trump’s first thrashing.

I’ll tune in again for the convictions.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

7 minutes ago, impulse said:

Edit:  BTW, "Laptop is Russian disinformation" should disqualify most of your sources as liars if you were being fair.

"Laptop is Russian disinformation" cuts both ways in identifying people posting lies.  No credible source ever stated that the laptop was Russian disinformation, only that:

""We want to emphasize that we do not know if the emails, provided to the New York Post by President Trump's personal attorney Rudy Giuliani, are genuine or not, and that we do not have evidence of Russian involvement—just that our experience makes us deeply suspicious that the Russian government played a significant role in this case," the letter said."  https://www.newsweek.com/hunter-biden-laptop-jim-jordan-facebook-disinformation-twitter-1767369

• Like 1

Georgia Judge Orders 2 Trials for Defendants in Trump Election Case

Two defendants will get a speedy trial starting in October, but the others, including Donald J. Trump, can have more time to prepare, the judge ruled.

Sept. 14, 2023 Updated 3:36 p.m. ET

A judge on Thursday granted former President Donald J. Trump and 16 others a separate trial from two of their co-defendants who will go to trial next month in the Georgia election interference case.

A trial date for Mr. Trump and the other 16 co-defendants has not been set. In his order, Judge McAfee described what was to come as a “mega-trial.” But he also raised the possibility that those 17 might not all be tried together in the end, if some make successful arguments to break off their cases.

“Additional divisions of these 17 defendants may well be required,” the judge wrote. “That is a decision for another day once the many anticipated pretrial motions have been resolved and a realistic trial date approaches.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/09/14/us/trump-chesebro-powell-trial-georgia.html

https://archive.ph/bU6qi

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/11/2023 at 9:34 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

But she gets the facts right.

On 9/11/2023 at 9:34 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

ut she gets the facts right

Except when she doesn't and straight up lies and knows not what the hell she's talking about misleading millions of listeners.

"Now we know that the vaccines work well enough that the virus stops with every vaccinated person," Maddow said on her show the evening of March 29, 2021. 

"A vaccinated person gets exposed to the virus, the virus does not infect them, the virus cannot then use that person to go anywhere else," she added with a shrug. "It cannot use a vaccinated person as a host to go get more people."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/social-media-users-demand-apology-msnbc-rachel-maddow-vaccines

Anyone who believes Maddow probably believe the NM Governor can suspend the Constitution too.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, illisdean said:

Except when she doesn't and straight up lies and knows not what the hell she's talking about misleading millions of listeners.

"Now we know that the vaccines work well enough that the virus stops with every vaccinated person," Maddow said on her show the evening of March 29, 2021. 

"A vaccinated person gets exposed to the virus, the virus does not infect them, the virus cannot then use that person to go anywhere else," she added with a shrug. "It cannot use a vaccinated person as a host to go get more people."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/social-media-users-demand-apology-msnbc-rachel-maddow-vaccines

Anyone who believes Maddow probably believe the NM Governor can suspend the Constitution too.

I go to Maddow for news, I go to my Doctor for medical advice.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, illisdean said:

In early 2021, yeah, the vaccines were effective against the original Covid variant. 100%, maybe not, but close. 

The virus evolved. Maddow was talking about the original version.

Edited by Danderman123

https://www.thedailybeast.com/jenna-ellis-well-and-truly-turns-on-narcissistic-donald-trump?ref=home

"Jenna Ellis, Donald Trump’s former senior legal adviser and current co-defendant in Georgia, has made a dramatic break from the former president, saying she will not support his third bid for the White House based on his inability to ever admit to wrongdoing. “I simply can’t support him for elected office again,” Ellis said during an episode of her show American Family Radio. “Why I have chosen to distance is because of that frankly malignant narcissistic tendency to simply say that he’s never done anything wrong.”

Meanwhile, the Trump lovers here can't even bring themselves to admit that Trump weighs more than 215 lbs.

• Thumbs Up 2

21 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

That’s a tough call for Trump and his legal team. 

Should he join the October 23 trial or waive his rights to a speedy trial and sit by as prosecutors present evidence in court live on camera of Trump’s role in the RICO crimes.

Conversely:

The case was brought under the state’s anti-racketeering law, meaning the same witnesses and evidence will be used in any trial, they wrote in a brief they said was filed Tuesday. Holding several lengthy trials instead would “create an enormous strain on the judicial resources” of the county superior court and would randomly favor the defendants tried later, who would have the advantage of seeing the state’s evidence and arguments ahead of time, prosecutors wrote.

https://apnews.com/article/trump-georgia-election-indictment-trial-ce215bfe9ff54fe389796e2faad4a948

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Conversely:

The case was brought under the state’s anti-racketeering law, meaning the same witnesses and evidence will be used in any trial, they wrote in a brief they said was filed Tuesday. Holding several lengthy trials instead would “create an enormous strain on the judicial resources” of the county superior court and would randomly favor the defendants tried later, who would have the advantage of seeing the state’s evidence and arguments ahead of time, prosecutors wrote.

https://apnews.com/article/trump-georgia-election-indictment-trial-ce215bfe9ff54fe389796e2faad4a948

The trial is going to be in the public domain, the first trial is going to get a lot of public viewing.

Trump’s lawyers are not going to be in court calling out objections or in any other way challenging evidence and testimony implicating Trump.

RICO cases are commonly divided into multiple trials, it’s nothing the courts and prosecutors can’t deal with, it’s all part of prosecuting RICO - Standard practice.

10 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

... but it isn't what DA Willis wanted as per her Court filing.

She is very clever and that may have been a play only. The logistics is a problem as they size of the court required does not even exist in Georga. The two starting early their trial will if nothing else become a daily drip of Trump's escapades which could not be at all helpful. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, earlinclaifornia said:

She is very clever and that may have been a play only.

Friday, September 15, 2023 4:47AM (Chicago time)

The judge overseeing the Georgia election interference case has severed the case, ordering that 17 defendants -- including former President Donald Trump -- will not be tried alongside speedy trial defendants Kenneth Chesebro and Sidney Powell on Oct. 23.

In a blow to prosecutors, Judge Scott McAfee said severing the remaining 17 defendants was "a procedural and logistical inevitability," and did not rule out the possibility that "additional divisions" may be required later.

Trump has already waived his speedy trial rights.

https://abc7chicago.com/donald-trump-georgia-election-interference-kenneth-chesebro-sidney-powell/13783562/

On 9/11/2023 at 5:10 AM, impulse said:

Once again, you can question and absolutely disagree with their analysis.  But they're not going to get the chronology wrong.  It's too easy to fact check. 

2 problems:

it's Mark Levin making the claim.

And the video takes over 16 minutes.

A transcript could eastly be provided by Fox. But that would invite the kind of close scrutiny that Levin's allegations might not withstand. Get back to us when you can offer something in writing. You know,  something that's easily fact-checked.

• Thumbs Up 2