Car Crashes into Trailer, Driver Escapes but Succumbs to Flames

webfact

image.jpeg

A startling event transpired when a sedan collided with the back of a trailer, erupting in flames upon contact. Unfortunately, the sedan driver couldn't flee from the blaze in time, leading to a heart-wrenching fatality.

The accident occurred on September 2nd at Salikhok Intersection, Pak Kret, Nonthaburi. Authorities from Chaiyaphruk Police Station received a distress call regarding the collision between a sedan and a 22-wheel trailer, reported Daily News.

The sedan driver, a young man, couldn't flee from the flames that quickly engulfed his vehicle, while the trailer driver recounted the harrowing incident. The fire raged at the scene until rescue teams arrived, cutting through the wreckage to retrieve the victim's charred remains.

image.jpeg

Picture: Daily News

As the flames intensified, and lacking any available water, onlookers were unable to suppress the fire promptly, leading to the tragic loss of the young man's life.

The deceased's remains were transported to the Institute of Forensic Science for additional scrutiny, while authorities collaborated with the family to organize the final ceremonies.

-- ASEAN NOW 2023-09-02

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Confused 3
  • Sad 5

5 hours ago, khunjeff said:

Can someone help me understand how these two sentences fit together? The sedan driver couldn't get out of his burning car because the flames came up so quickly, but was able to have a chat with the truck driver because he didn't know there was a danger of fire...?

Got me confused too?

• Like 1

Is this a 'heart-wrenching' fatality, though?

Or was it just another small-member'd idiot speeding, texting and driving, not paying attention, not wearing a seatbelt, and not caring? That's not a "heart wrenching tragedy" that's cause-and-effect. Somehow, given the driving behavior here, I doubt this was an unavoidable tragedy. Its on a well-lit, straight road. A semi truck is so huge, it's hard to miss. (It seems that the font randomly changed to this bold looking and is unable to be switched back to normal. Nice forums, AN. My text arbitrarily became something other than what it started as for no reason whatsoever. Didn't touch anything. Amazing.)

They don't care about their own traffic deaths / safety standards, so why should we? You call it tragic, I call it business as usual in the land of no-driver-safety-learning-required

Edited by HandsomeTallFarang
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Let's see some evidence of that please.

There is a law that dictates the amount of 'darkness' a tint may have. Not only in Thailand but I'd guess in other countries too. But in Thailand it is not enforced, as are most other laws. There are some who think it makes them look important to need blacked out windows. It can be dangerous for obvious reasons, which is why there is a law. If you need evidence that what is a common sense law exists then I suggest you make your own enquiries.

22 hours ago, khunjeff said:

Can someone help me understand how these two sentences fit together? The sedan driver couldn't get out of his burning car because the flames came up so quickly, but was able to have a chat with the truck driver because he didn't know there was a danger of fire...?

My understanding is this is the crazy world of Arthur Brown here ????

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

It is still tragic. No-one deserves to burn to death in a car, must be an unimaginably horrific way to go. 

Stupidity or not it is still tragic and heart wrenching - it was someone’s young son. 

Thanks for that. Another 'quality poster' has joined my 'ignore user' list.

• Confused 1