Chonburi Sees 13 Million Tourists from January to August 2023, Chinese Lead the Way

webfact

image.jpeg

Chonburi — Chonburi received more than 13 million tourists from January to August 2023, and saw spending of over 119 billion baht, the Chonburi Provincial Office of Tourism and Sports reported on Friday, September 1st.

Ms. Ampai Sakdanukuljit Sliwinski, a Tourism and Sports official, provided an overview of tourism in Chonburi for the first 7 months of the year 2023, from January 1st to August 23rd, at the meeting held yesterday.

She said that 13,572,147 tourists have visited Chonburi in these 7 months, comprising of 8,104,998 Thai nationals and 5,467,149 foreign nationals. The overall spending generated from these tourists was over 119.44 billion baht.

Specifically, in the month of July, there were 1,956,748 visitors, with 1,123,518 being domestic tourists and 833,230 being international tourists. This month alone recorded a revenue of 18.33 billion baht, Ampai said.

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/09/02/chonburi-sees-13-million-tourists-from-january-to-august-2023-chinese-lead-the-way/

-- THE PATTAY NEWS 2023-09-04

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

I thought nobody wanted to come back to Thailand because reasons?  That is what the serial whiners around here were saying and they are never wrong. 

They will probably now try say that these numbers are fake without presenting any evidence whatsoever.  I guess those huge lines at immigration and at the airport were just my imagination.

Edited by shdmn
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

She said that 13,572,147 tourists have visited Chonburi in these 7 months, comprising of 8,104,998 Thai nationals and 5,467,149 foreign nationals. The overall spending generated from these tourists was over 119.44 billion baht.

And you know this how exactly?
You had roadblocks counting them in and counting them out, and had them all produce receipts for all money spent?

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Maybe so, just read another report of nobody in the airport and someone breezing through.....

1,123,518 being domestic tourists and 833,230 being international tourists. 

Chonburi Chinese visiting Pattaya?????

13 hours ago, 1happykamper said:

Chinese lead the way? Don't believe that. I live in Jomtien... hardly see them here.. So where are they in Chon Buri? All at go go bars on walking street? I doubt that too. 

????‍♂️

Edited by shdmn

18 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Yes, but do the chinese make up the most in spending ? 

Yes probably at the malls. Remember, it's Chonburi, not Pattaya per se. You probably don't see them

Once again another report comes out without any explanation as to how they get to the figures although my guess is credit card sales. I'm a tourist, I use cash, probably spent upwards of 80k or so in a week, if this is the case then I'm not counted. Do I even exist ?

15 hours ago, 1happykamper said:

Chinese lead the way? Don't believe that. I live in Jomtien... hardly see them here.. So where are they in Chon Buri? All at go go bars on walking street? I doubt that too

They come by the coach load to the jontiem palm beach. Doesn't seem like fun though, arrive by coach .. stay for an overnight party and leave by coach. 

Many days 5 to six coach loads at a time. 

• Like 1