Out of country during consideration period for annual extension.

Hi all...my annual extension finishes 11th November.

I usually apply for further annual extension mid October and immigration office Udonthani say come back mid December to collect.

I need to be out of Thailand from 2nd November to 2nd December and am wondering if this is possible without srewing up extension.

Assuming all goes well with annual extension in mid October can I leave 2nd November on a re-entry permit during my consideration period.

When I return early December what date will they stamp me in too. Will it be the end of consideration period..mid December?

TIA for guidance..

Gavlar

OP, apart from post above (which is correct) ...

Suggest you chat with UT immigration office.

Immigration can allow early application for extension especially if you can provide flight details and romance the stone re need exit and return to Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What you plan is possible, but not recommended.

You should inform the officials of your travel plans so they are able to schedule any house visit they deem necessary around your schedule.

Since this involves more that just your local office, I doubt you will be able to achieve an earlier "under consideration" period. Indeed, I would be dubious about trying. The report back date for an "under consideration" extension is not a guarantee that all the paperwork will be ready on that date. If you have planned an overseas trip, and are told on the eve of the trip: "sorry, not ready yet; come back next week" it could be problematic.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

When you are married to a Thai national or have Thai dependant children, and you did not yet apply for it during the consecutive Permissions to stay based on your original Visa, you could consider applying for a 60 day extension for reason of visiting your Thai wife/children. That will push your Permission to stay date from 11 Nov to 10 Jan. And you could then apply for your 1-year extension after your return on 2 Dec. 

Note: When you are eligible for that 60-day extension of stay, which is provided on the spot when you meet the requirements, don't forget to buy a Re-Entry Permit to protect that 10 January Permission to stay date when exiting Thailand. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

usually NO issue at all leaving during the under consideration period IF you communicate this fact to the Immigration officer when you apply for your yearly extension
AND
you buy a re-entry permit (which astute posters already stated will be valid ONLY during that under consideration period)

When you enter the country you'll get stamped in until the end of that under consideration stamp <- because that IS the stamp that's letting you be in thailand right now.

It goes without saying you have to be back BEFORE that stamp expires or you lose everything and start all over

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1