Gun owners: It's time for us to stand up against the Second Amendment death culture

Social Media

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

And what suggestion was that, as I don't know any country, that someone hasn't been killed with a firearm, this past year.  Did I miss that news-blip?

The great cultural export of America. Along with unhealthy food killing millions globally every year.

1 minute ago, chacha boom said:

The great cultural export of America. Along with unhealthy food killing millions globally every year.

And yet, the USA is a melting pot of immigrants from Europe, Mexico & Asia, so you probably meant 'cultural import'.

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I await your suggestions on that with interest.

• Implement universal background checks for gun purchases, including private sales and gun shows.
  • Introduce mandatory waiting periods for gun purchases.
  • Ban assault-style weapons and high-capacity magazines.
  • Strengthen "red flag" laws for temporary firearm confiscation.
  • Increase public funding for gun violence research.
  • Develop specialized law enforcement units with training in de-escalation.
  • Create stricter penalties for violent crimes involving firearms.
  • Launch public education campaigns on the dangers of gun violence.
  • Develop community programs offering alternatives to gang involvement.
  • Implement a "sugar tax" to deter consumption of unhealthy foods.
  • Create zoning laws favoring the establishment of grocery stores offering healthy food options over fast-food outlets in low-income areas.
  • Make Physical Education a mandatory part of school curricula, focusing on lifelong fitness skills.
  • Ban advertising of unhealthy foods to children.
  • Increase public funding for obesity treatment and prevention research.
  • Institute education reforms to include critical thinking and ethics as core subjects.
  • Ban political contributions from organizations that profit from firearms or unhealthy food.
  • Introduce laws against "dark money" in politics.
  • Implement regulations on media outlets to minimize sensationalism.
  • Create a culture of accountability through regulatory oversight and encouragement of whistleblowing.
  • Introduce mandatory mental health screenings in schools.
  • Increase funding for mental health services, accessible to all income groups.
  • Promote public awareness campaigns on mental health, reducing stigma.
  • Implement workplace policies requiring mental health days and promoting well-being.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm pretty sure cars kill more people in the US than guns, but they don't ban them...............................................I wonder why, NOT.

The usual talk talk is about disarming the population, and some of us know why they want to do that. Unfortunately the sheeple tend to believe everything Big Brother tells them to believe.

I don’t know who you think ‘Big brother’ is, but the gun lobby is real and easily identified.

• Like 1

Just now, cdemundo said:

I would say that almost all people are against a totalitarian government.

That being said...

Is your gun a magic talisman that prevents a totalitarian government?

Or do you imagine yourself in a firefight with FBI agents, ATF agents, Seal Team Six, helicopter gunships?

I have never heard an explanation for how individuals owning weapons of war prevents a totalitarian government.

I think it is because there isn't one.

Moreover, those making the argument are often those who support a guy who did try to overthrow the democratic vote.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, chacha boom said:
  • Implement universal background checks for gun purchases, including private sales and gun shows.
  • Introduce mandatory waiting periods for gun purchases.
  • Ban assault-style weapons and high-capacity magazines.
  • Strengthen "red flag" laws for temporary firearm confiscation.
  • Increase public funding for gun violence research.
  • Develop specialized law enforcement units with training in de-escalation.
  • Create stricter penalties for violent crimes involving firearms.
  • Launch public education campaigns on the dangers of gun violence.
  • Develop community programs offering alternatives to gang involvement.
  • Implement a "sugar tax" to deter consumption of unhealthy foods.
  • Create zoning laws favoring the establishment of grocery stores offering healthy food options over fast-food outlets in low-income areas.
  • Make Physical Education a mandatory part of school curricula, focusing on lifelong fitness skills.
  • Ban advertising of unhealthy foods to children.
  • Increase public funding for obesity treatment and prevention research.
  • Institute education reforms to include critical thinking and ethics as core subjects.
  • Ban political contributions from organizations that profit from firearms or unhealthy food.
  • Introduce laws against "dark money" in politics.
  • Implement regulations on media outlets to minimize sensationalism.
  • Create a culture of accountability through regulatory oversight and encouragement of whistleblowing.
  • Introduce mandatory mental health screenings in schools.
  • Increase funding for mental health services, accessible to all income groups.
  • Promote public awareness campaigns on mental health, reducing stigma.
  • Implement workplace policies requiring mental health days and promoting well-being.

Or.........put it on the backburner because the NRA are good for votes, and guns are good for undertakers!

Edited by 2baht
  • Thumbs Up 2

17 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I said mass shooting.

So 1 dead kid doesn't matter, or 2, or 3, as mass shootings are described as 4 or more, I think.

And few mass shootings happen at schools or are committed with rifles, but hey, let's ban all 'assault (semi auto) rifles', them AR-15 types, that usually are rarely used in mass shootings.

People should stop living in the headlines, and try living in the real world.

Edited by KhunLA

1 minute ago, KhunLA said:

So 1 dead kid doesn't matter, or 2, or 3, as mass shooting are described as 4, I think.

And few mass shootings happen at schools or are committed with rifles, but hey, let's ban all 'assault (semi auto) rifles', them AR-15 types, that usually are rarely used in mass shootings.

People should stop living in the headlines, and try living in the real world.

The real world were kids are getting murdered on schools and the gun lobby are fighting all attempts to deal with this?

32 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

And yet, the USA is a melting pot of immigrants from Europe, Mexico & Asia, so you probably meant 'cultural import'.

I guess you call yourself American, but the fact is, the majority of Americans were eradicated in the genocides of the 1700-1800s. You are most likely a European. I'm sure you are aware, but you should revisit the history of your great city of angels.

On 9/5/2023 at 11:41 AM, Olav Seglem said:

Im norwegian so not my business, but dont understand:

Constitution made 1778-wild indians, dangerous animals, no police and just after fought war for independence, so can understand people liked weapons (firing one shot at the time only available)

But today----- really ??? ????

you have police, dangerous animals in zoos and you have  the Marines ????

Weapons for hunting and sports ok-but personal protection ???

This really say you dont trust your own police and strangely it seems like people arguing the most for stong police also say people must have own arms. Normal thinking should be opposite ..

"Weapons for hunting and sports..."

If this means shooting defenseless animals purely for the thrill of killing an animal then why, in 2023, have we not learned to be more civilized.

Why should animals be killed / lose their life for the thrill of an ignorant human being.

Time to get deeper into no violence attitudes and thinking. Please. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Walker88 said:

To some extent I know what you mean...all those fascist trumpers who want to overthrow the democracy and suspend the Constitution to which I took an oath. All those racists and Neo Nazis gunning down Blacks, Jews and Hispanics. The list of crazy, violent and/or gun-toting trumpers goes on and on.

Michael Estes, Curtis Allen, Gavin Wright, Patrick Stein, Adam Purinton, Jeremy Christian, Wade Page, Edgar Welch, Sam Woodward, James Fields, Dylann Roof, Robert Bowers, Ian David Long, Cesar Sayoc, Gregory Bush, Stephen Paddock, Christopher Hansson, Joseph Biggs, Patrick Crusius, Enrique Tarrio, Stewart Rhodes, Ryan Palmer, etc.

By the way, you do know the Federal Govt has weapons that can take on these small (nickname for Richard) trumpers with AR-15s. Sadly, nobody can get to the cultists fast enough to prevent innocent deaths.

"A well armed populace is the best defense against a totalitarian government."

Whateve

5 hours ago, novacova said:

Good grief, some have no clue of what it is they’re talking about. .44 magnum isn’t for rabbits, it’s for bears and mountain lions, you know…the critters with big teeth and claws. A gun is a security device. I had a liberal minded friend who refused to carry a sidearm and it got him killed by a grizzly bear. So please go for a walk in the northern mountains of Montana Idaho Washington or Wyoming for a week without a firearm and report back when you’re done. Again, the thread is full of such reactionary emotional rhetorical hyperbole most likely from the mental onslaught programming by the hysterics of the media. 

"I had a liberal minded friend who refused to carry a sidearm and it got him killed by a grizzly bear.'

Not even rational thought, just ignorant clap trap. 

• Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The real world were kids are getting murdered on schools and the gun lobby are fighting all attempts to deal with this?

A couple interesting stats.  Highlighted one the most relevant for school shootings.  Possibly over 80% should have been prevented.

Believe it concerns responsible parents, locking the damn guns up. and most states have laws about that.  AND YET ... do we really need more laws.   Simply enforce the ones on the books.

Any parents of shooters sent to prison for allowing their guns to be used, whether school shootings and just oops in their house, kids accidentally shooting kids .... I think not, or very rare.

"Notably, most individuals who engaged in mass shootings used handguns (77.2%), and 25.1% used assault rifles in the commission of their crimes. ..... In cases involving K-12 school shootings, over 80% of individuals who engaged in shootings stole guns from family members."

source

Edited by KhunLA

24 minutes ago, chacha boom said:

I guess you call yourself American, but the fact is, the majority of Americans were eradicated in the genocides of the 1700-1800s. You are most likely a European. I'm sure you are aware, but you should revisit the history of your great city of angels.

Too bad your parents or grandparents were to lazy to make the journey to America. My parents weren't. Yes, I'm American regardless where I was born.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Not sure if I have any sympathy for people anymore, that complain about firearms, but keep re-electing the same politicians who obviously don't care.

Not rep or dem party issue, as both have controlled Congress, and nothing changed.

Here's one for you, make owning a firearm outrageously expensive.  2nd Amendment can't restrict you from, but can regulate the ownership.  

ALL firearms owners must have a license to buy, cost of license to buy/permit to own, $10k a year.  Problem solved again.

Simple solutions to simple problems.

Except for one thing, not enough people want to change the laws.  THAT'S A FACT.

Y'all can quote all the surveys & polls you want, stating everyone wants to ban or limit firearms, BUT, that obviously isn't true, or it would have happen.

They wanted to ban alcohol ... they did.

They wanted to drink alcohol ... they repealed it.

They wanted to make Ganga illegal ... they did.

They want to smoke Ganga ... well, nuff said

When enough people want something, they get it.  Now someone tell me again, they don't want access to firearms in USA.

Raised kids in the USA, never worried about them get killed by firearms in school, or anywhere for that matter.  Or getting hit by lightening.  The chance are so miniscule, it's not worth worrying about.

"Here's one for you, make owning a firearm outrageously expensive."

I think requiring liability insurance for guns like is done for cars would help.

responsible gun owners should have no problem with it.

Let insurance companies create rates reflecting their risk for insuring a 22 pistol vs an assault rifle.

Can't think of any argument against this.

Check that, Can't think of any reasonable argument against this.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, cdemundo said:

"Here's one for you, make owning a firearm outrageously expensive."

I think requiring liability insurance for guns like is done for cars would help.

responsible gun owners should have no problem with it.

Let insurance companies create rates reflecting their risk for insuring a 22 pistol vs an assault rifle.

Can't think of any argument against this.

Check that, Can't think of any reasonable argument against this.

Or simply ban the production of firearms to begin with, then you don't need any laws to regulate them.

14 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

As you should European history, colonialism, Crusades and slave trade, of a  1000 or so years.  That 'rocks in glass houses' thing.

USA was established in 1783, and only took 82 years to ban the slave trade that Europeans loved.

And firearms have kept the citizens free of tyranny, from foreign or domestic tyrants.

2nd Amendment Rocks

Yes of course, and America is the lovechild of "European history, colonialism, Crusades and slave trade, of a  1000 or so years." Did you all lose that collective responsabillity, just by crossing the ocean? With your skewed human rights and industrial prison complex, I can't see you totally on the right side just yet...