Is TM30 Required if you have a Yellow House Book?

A TM-30 is required when you move from point A to point B within 24 hours.  Once filed, usually ( DEPENDING on the LOCAL IO POLICY ) you only have to file if you change address even if you take a trip out of the country. Check with your LOCAL IO for their policy.

Edited by edwardflory
spelling
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Frank Brown said:

does this still apply if you are married to a Thai and she owns the property?

Yes, it always applies.  Immigration will not provide you with any service when they do not have some proof of your address in their province.

So if you are staying at your Thai wife's property, a TM-30 has to be filed notifying the local Imm Office that a foreigner (you) is staying at the premises.

In your case it would make sense that your wife (or you on her behalf) registers the property on the IO TM-30 website, as that would allow you to issue a TM-30 online of any foreigner staying at the premises.

I did sent you PM a comprehensive guideline document on how to do that

1 hour ago, edwardflory said:

A TM-30 is required when you move from point A to point B within 24 hours.  Once filed, usually ( DEPENDING on the LOCAL IO POLICY ) you only have to file if you change address even if you take a trip out of the country. Check with your LOCAL IO for their policy.

Yes, that's fully correct. When your local Imm Office has been notified of your official address, there is NO need to file a new TM-30 when returning from a domestic or even from an international trip and you are re-entering on the same Permission to Stay. 

However, as Edwardflory mentioned, there are a couple of rogue Imm Offices that contrary to the official TM-30 regulations, DO require to re-file a new TM-30 when returning from a domestic or international trip.  Chiang-Mai Imm Office being one of those rogue ones. 

NOTE: In case it is a nuisance (e.g. because you live far away from the Imm Office) you could consider having the address where you are staying registered on the IO TM-30 website which will then allow to notify local Immigration by issuing a TM-30 online of you having returned from a trip.  Obviously such notification is only necessary when the address you stayed at during your trip did file a TM-30 of you having stayed there (as they are required to do according to Thai law). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red Phoenix said:

Yes, that's fully correct. When your local Imm Office has been notified of your official address, there is NO need to file a new TM-30 when returning from a domestic or even from an international trip and you are re-entering on the same Permission to Stay. 

However, as Edwardflory mentioned, there are a couple of rogue Imm Offices that contrary to the official TM-30 regulations, DO require to re-file a new TM-30 when returning from a domestic or international trip.  Chiang-Mai Imm Office being one of those rogue ones. 

NOTE: In case it is a nuisance (e.g. because you live far away from the Imm Office) you could consider having the address where you are staying registered on the IO TM-30 website which will then allow to notify local Immigration by issuing a TM-30 online of you having returned from a trip.  Obviously such notification is only necessary when the address you stayed at during your trip did file a TM-30 of you having stayed there (as they are required to do according to Thai law). 

Not 100% correct about CM. I travel out of CM Province regularly for cycling and golf and when I enquired of CM re TM30 for returning from a domestic trip they said it wasn't necessary, ONLY when returning from an  international trip.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TigerandDog said:

Not 100% correct about CM. I travel out of CM Province regularly for cycling and golf and when I enquired of CM re TM30 for returning from a domestic trip they said it wasn't necessary, ONLY when returning from an  international trip.

Nothing is 100% when it comes to immigration.

It probably depends on the colour of your shirt.

I have been told that I must fill in a TM 30 after International and inter-provincial travel.

(We also register tourists with immigration after we have checked them in.)

• Confused 1