Lazada Wallet - reality check. Can foreigners use it?

connda

At first it didn't work for me. Then about 1 year ago I got a refund for a purchase that I paid for but the vendor was unable to provide. The refund went into my wallet, and I was able to use that for further purchases. I believe they're slowly getting with the program.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I have Lazada wallet but don't use it, what's the benefit? refunds aren't an issue 

That's the only reason.  I was going to return an item and it requires a Lazada Wallet for the refund.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

Refund goes to the wallet, but as of now, still no way for foreigners to transfer from wallet to bank account.  Wallet balance can only be used for additional purchases.

The wallet balance can also be used for bill payments (mobile phone, internet, electricity...).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NoDisplayName said:

Refund goes to the wallet, but as of now, still no way for foreigners to transfer from wallet to bank account.  Wallet balance can only be used for additional purchases.

That works.  That really all I want to do - use it for future purchase.  I guess I'll open one and send the item back. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

I have Lazada wallet but don't use it, what's the benefit? refunds aren't an issue 

If you have time, how do refunds work on Lazada?

If one has made purchases which have been returned to the vendor, and then credited by the vendor to the Lazada user's account, what is the preferred way to have that money returned?  Is it required that a local bank account be "registered" with Lazada? And what if the user prefers not to disclose local bank details to Lazada?

Or, alternatively, can these "credits" from returned goods to Lazada's vendors be easily used to make additional purchases from other vendors?

I have been told many times by customer service agents, that Lazada Wallet is not available for foreigners in Thailand.

Any member here who succeeded to Activate Lazada Wallet: Please explain how.

Return refunds:

After a return to Lazada or cancelled by seller, Lazada want proof of bank account number and Passport.

Not willing to give this sensitive info to Lazada,

I request Lazada email me a Store Credit Voucher.

This email I normally receive after 10 days.

Next time I make a purchase I can copy paste store credit voucher number at Check out and the amount will be deducted from purchase amount, before final checkout.

Warm greetings from Lazada!

We would like to inform you that the refund amount convert to be a voucher for case number xxxxxxxxxx has been issued. Kindly check the voucher information as detailed below,

Voucher code: LAZxxxxxxxxxx

Voucher value xxxx THB with no minimum purchased

Voucher valid until xxxxxxxxxx

Please log in with your E-mail: xxxxxxxxxxx to use this code

Remarks

1. This Store credit is available for one-time use only

2. This store credit code is applicable to the item amount only (Shipping fee is excluded)

3. Cash refund cannot be provided if the Store credit has been used

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

If you have time, how do refunds work on Lazada?

If one has made purchases which have been returned to the vendor, and then credited by the vendor to the Lazada user's account, what is the preferred way to have that money returned?  Is it required that a local bank account be "registered" with Lazada? And what if the user prefers not to disclose local bank details to Lazada?

Or, alternatively, can these "credits" from returned goods to Lazada's vendors be easily used to make additional purchases from other vendors?

Had wrong item delivered a couple weeks ago.  Went to my orders page to submit return request .  Seller didn't respond, system timed out after a couple days.  Lazada scheduled pickup (no charge) and full refund was issued, including delivery fee, before returned item was received by seller.

Not a store credit, not a voucher.  Just plain old baht to the wallet, with no expiration date and no requirement to use at the same store.

Over the next week, used those baht to place orders with three other sellers.  When you go to checkout, select "lazada wallet" as method of payment.

Unfortunately, you can't "top up" without having a bank account linked, and lazada doesn't have the option of partial payment from wallet with remainder cod.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

Had wrong item delivered a couple weeks ago.  Went to my orders page to submit return request .  Seller didn't respond, system timed out after a couple days.  Lazada scheduled pickup (no charge) and full refund was issued, including delivery fee, before returned item was received by seller.

Not a store credit, not a voucher.  Just plain old baht to the wallet, with no expiration date and no requirement to use at the same store.

Over the next week, used those baht to place orders with three other sellers.  When you go to checkout, select "lazada wallet" as method of payment.

Unfortunately, you can't "top up" without having a bank account linked, and lazada doesn't have the option of partial payment from wallet with remainder cod.

Thank you VERY MUCH.

I will try that.

I do not care that much about losing a few Baht, just because I am unwilling to provide Lazada with my bank account.

I have, probably, about 10 returns in the system, unrefunded, for which I have not yet bothered to seek cash refund, or apply to other purchases.

If you use it a lot you can save a bit of money. There are many promotions from 10%-30% cash back when using the wallet. I’ve saved well over 2,000 baht in the past few months. You can use your funds in your wallet to buy from anywhere. Don’t knock it till you try it, or at least look up the benefits. 

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Thank you VERY MUCH.

I will try that.

I do not care that much about losing a few Baht, just because I am unwilling to provide Lazada with my bank account.

I have, probably, about 10 returns in the system, unrefunded, for which I have not yet bothered to seek cash refund, or apply to other purchases.

Refunds have always gone back to source  for me - either BKK THB account or UK credit card depending on what I used to pay for item.  Obvioulsy, if using foreign CC, currency fluctuations mean you will not get back exactly what you paid - but sometimes that works in your favour and the refund is worth more than the payment

PH

From Lazada help center:

• No COD for total order value exceeding 20,000 baht. 
  • Sellers don't offer COD or deliver parcels by themselves
  • In multiple product orders from different sellers placed in a single checkout might not open for COD option.

20 hours ago, msbkk said:

I use the loaded wallet quite often because it saves a little bit of time during checkout. Payment is just 1 click without registering a credit card or opening your banking app. 

I always pay by debit card against my Krungrsi account and it too is just a 'one click' process. 

20 hours ago, msbkk said:

And yes, refund is straightforward right into your wallet.

And yes, refunds are straightforward and go  back into my bank account. 

2 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I always pay by debit card against my Krungrsi account and it too is just a 'one click' process. 

Just to clarify you sent lazada copy your bank book account number page and copy passport id page?

This is what they require from me, and I politely decline.

Thanks in advance.

21 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

If you pay cash on delivery, then get a refund, it goes into your Wallet, which you can then withdraw to your bank. I think it only works on the phone App.

7 minutes ago, Shop mak said:

Just to clarify you sent lazada copy your bank book account number page and copy passport id page?

This is what they require from me, and I politely decline.

Thanks in advance.

No I simply registered my debit card as my preferred payment method.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, connda said:

That's the only reason.  I was going to return an item and it requires a Lazada Wallet for the refund.

Returns don't  need a Wallet .

The refund goes in your bank account that you use to pay for the Items.

That's how it works for me. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

With a debit card it is only one click if you register your card at Lazada. Many people do not want to do this for security reasons. If your debit card is charged by mistake or by fraud it is not easy to get your money back.

Edited by msbkk

45 minutes ago, msbkk said:

With a debit card it is only one click if you register your card at Lazada. Many people do not want to do this for security reasons. If your debit card is charged by mistake or by fraud it is not easy to get your money back.

That's up to them. I'm quite comfortable with it. I've been doing on-line purchasing with various entities for 20 years or more now and never had a problem.

16 hours ago, jcmj said:

If you use it a lot you can save a bit of money. There are many promotions from 10%-30% cash back when using the wallet. I’ve saved well over 2,000 baht in the past few months. You can use your funds in your wallet to buy from anywhere. Don’t knock it till you try it, or at least look up the benefits. 

That's what I have been doing lately. I normally pay COD, but if there is a favourable cashback offer available when using the Laz Wallet, then I pay that way. It's very easy to top the wallet up from your bank account and the bank account does NOT need to be "linked" to your Lazada account, despite what others are saying.

• Like 1