Voice referendum: Lies fuel racism ahead of Australia's Indigenous vote

Social Media

29 minutes ago, Yme said:

The referendum should have been two questions IMO. Greasy Albanese decided to go all or nothing. I suspect it will be nothing and set the cause for First Nation people back at least a decade. 

If passed it would see the establishment of a government funded "advisory" group. A government funded advisory group can rapidly become a government funded anti-government lobby group if it doesn't get what it wants and the government would be obliged to continue funding it, even if it was white anting the government of the day.

Meanwhile the ridiculous number of outstanding native title claims in NSW alone shows that this referendum is ill conceived similar to the reparations movement in the USA. This is about massive redistribution of wealth and assets and continuing the trend globally to destroy the middle class.  

..... native title claims!       Can you explain why native folk need to claim there land? 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Olmate said:

..... native title claims!       Can you explain why native folk need to claim there land? 

No mate. Couldn't be arsed. Let them claim any part of the country that has economic value or improvement and lets just give it to them. Especially if they're whiter than me, but claim to be 1% native. 

Edited by Yme
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Yme said:

No mate. Couldn't be arsed. Let them claim any part of the country that has economic value or improvement and lets just give it to them. Especially if they're whiter than me, but claim to be 1% native. 

Start with Botany Bay, sounds logical! 

Seriously who really cares? I'm an Australian who's lived in Thailand for the past 20 years. May I add I'm the holder of an Australian Service medal. If I voted I would certainly vote YES. Why shouldn't people have a say in the communities where they live. In saying that this will end up like the referendum for Independence. Australia should've became a republic when the UK went to Brexit. It's just politicians playing games again who vote against anything suggested by their opposition. These same politicians and their predecessors are the main reason why guys such as me now call Thailand home. The lucky country is well gone.

10 minutes ago, NONG CHOK said:

Seriously who really cares? I'm an Australian who's lived in Thailand for the past 20 years. May I add I'm the holder of an Australian Service medal. If I voted I would certainly vote YES. Why shouldn't people have a say in the communities where they live. In saying that this will end up like the referendum for Independence. Australia should've became a republic when the UK went to Brexit. It's just politicians playing games again who vote against anything suggested by their opposition. These same politicians and their predecessors are the main reason why guys such as me now call Thailand home. The lucky country is well gone.

Yes, well gone brought about by too many poorly thought out PC knee-jerk decisions to placate the whinging minority to which most offer nothing constructive to the future of Australia. 

50 minutes ago, Happy Howard said:

I am told we already spend A$95.3B a tear on Abiriginal Affairs, etc. Which for the 400,000 true Aboriginals equal to over A$75,000 per year per individual. For a family of 4 that A$300,000 per year. Yet the Aboriginal people who are in need and have been for a long time are no better off. We don't need a Voice referendum we need a Royal Commission to find out where all this money is being wasted!!!

Lies damn lies and statistics.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lies,_damned_lies,_and_statistics#:~:text="Lies%2C damned lies%2C and,to prove an opponent's point.

Despite the fact that you obviously want these figures to be true so that you can carry on with your racist whinging - they’re not.

The same sort of nonsense was rolled out by racist f#!$wits in 2016 and of course immediately debunked.

https://theconversation.com/factcheck-qanda-is-30-billion-spent-every-year-on-500-000-indigenous-people-in-australia-64658

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

The whinging minority are the single brain celled racist Pauline Hanson voters who instead of taking accountability for their own failed lives spew hatred at vulnerable groups such as aborigines, immigrants and gays.

Fingers crossed the Yes vote gets up.

Not just Pauline voters, they come from every facet of politics in case you failed to notice. You only need a quick check thru' the AN members here to see that.

For me, I'm voting no as I don't see a change to the constitution as a cure for the ongoing stupidity of politicians, their cohorts and committes etc. Money spent on sorting these ineffective money wasting, attention grabbing idiots is the answer - not adding more of them to the debacle. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Artisi said:

Not just Pauline voters, they come from every facet of politics in case you failed to notice. You only need a quick check thru' the AN members here to see that.

For me, I'm voting no as I don't see a change to the constitution as a cure for the ongoing stupidity of politicians, their cohorts and committes etc. Money spent on sorting these ineffective money wasting, attention grabbing idiots is the answer - not adding more of them to the debacle. 

Money, or cost, has got to be the most pathetic “reason” there is to vote no.

Post referendum, the cost of implementing and maintaining the voice is but a drop in the ocean of waste generated from Canberra.

When taking into account that at least some of the money being spent will trickle down, in one form or another, into bettering the lives of the most disadvantaged group of Australians - to vote no over costs is either heartless and ignorant or simply being used as a more palatable excuse than the real reason one is voting no.

Holding a referendum such as this during what are tough economic times for many Australians was a terrible idea - compassion and empathy shrink as one’s own circumstances worsen.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Artisi said:

We know where you're coming from, describing the victims as idiots.

The only reason it costs so much to support Aboriginal communities is because the white rulers made it so. They have made it up through the ranks of the reviled from having a bounty on their ears to being somewhere just below wombats, koala sand platypus on the favorite species list. Australian society has actively shunned Aborigines since Phillip arrived until the current day.

30 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

We know where you're coming from, describing the victims as idiots.

The only reason it costs so much to support Aboriginal communities is because the white rulers made it so. They have made it up through the ranks of the reviled from having a bounty on their ears to being somewhere just below wombats, koala sand platypus on the favorite species list. Australian society has actively shunned Aborigines since Phillip arrived until the current day.

Grow up and stop flogging old history, plus pay attention to reading /comprehension, the comment wasn't about the "victims" as you like to call them. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Grow up and stop flogging old history, plus pay attention to reading /comprehension, the comment wasn't about the "victims" as you like to call them. 

'Old history'!! , thats mere 200yrs we're talking. Can be certain you were never taught it at school either. Have you ever wondered that Oz was entirely populated by blackfellas then, where the .. are they now? 

1 hour ago, Olmate said:

'Old history'!! , thats mere 200yrs we're talking. Can be certain you were never taught it at school either. Have you ever wondered that Oz was entirely populated by blackfellas then, where the .. are they now? 

Sounds like you are creating division by segregating aboriginals from torres strait islanders for your own agenda of history. 

Honestly you have the chair in cabinet for the affairs of the people,you have all the agencies required in place.

If she can't do her job then replace her if the vote Yes fails and move on.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Olmate said:

Assume you have carefully checked and are fully aware of the aboriginal population before the arrival of the whities and have also checked the current numbers and made a comparison, only then can you  start making informed claims like, "where are they now". 

And while you're at it, you might also like to check where the aboriginals came from, I'll give you a clue - not Australia. 

Plus let's be a little PC, they're not blackfellas. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Artisi said:

Assume you have carefully checked and are fully aware of the aboriginal population before the arrival of the whities and have also checked the current numbers and made a comparison, only then can you  start making informed claims like, "where are they now". 

And while you're at it, you might also like to check where the aboriginals came from, I'll give you a clue - not Australia. 

Plus let's be a little PC, they're not blackfellas. 

By that logic everybody on the planet is an immigrant. They didn't arrive the day before captain cook.

6 hours ago, JonnyF said:

White guilt is so pathetic ????.

Man up.

Certainly guilty of mistreatment over their time here, but they certainly aren't guilty of taking anyone's land. Maybe displacing some people but no more guilty than the Greeks, Italians. Lebanese, Vietnamese etc. taking over and displacing long term residents in many areas in Sydney or Melbourne etc. 

Don't see these people demanding changes to the constitution - maybe we should ????

• 1 month later...

Great to see this nonsense proposal roundly rejected. Well done Australia for dismissing this identitarian woke racist agenda. 

Great news from New Zealand elections today as well. 

Our Antipodean friends leading the way.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Great to see this nonsense proposal roundly rejected. Well done Australia for dismissing this identitarian woke racist agenda. 

Great news from New Zealand elections today as well. 

Our Antipodean friends leading the way.

They aren’t your friends.

Nor have they been since that shameful debacle in Singapore.

• Haha 1

On 9/6/2023 at 6:22 PM, Haveasay said:

Thailand government is a classic example of too many cooks spoil the broth, and of how many can differ on progress. More unlikely as most referendums in Australia, this will fail, bar anthem, and the divide remains unchanged, regardless of the constant hype surrounding, indigenous and fair. Given at every bend, little progress. This is just more hot air and associated waste of tax payer dollars, again. Thanks Aussie pollies.

Yes it cost the taxpayer 356 million dollars and got rejected in every state by a wide margin apart from Canberra, another waste of money and time by the Labor party. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, still kicking said:

Yes it cost the taxpayer 356 million dollars and got rejected in every state by a wide margin apart from Canberra, another waste of money and time by the Labor party. 

Labor wouldn’t be Labor unless they were wasting other people’s hard earned money on virtue signaling nonsense like this vote.

Thankfully the electorate slapped it into next week.

Big respect to our Antipodean friends.  

Good to see it all settled so the country can get back to some sort of normality following all the BS that's been trotted out. Now maybe the government, that's all parties not just the current elected lot, can have a good look at the current dysfunctional arrangements in place and sort out the money wasting multitude of agencies supposedly helping the aboriginal people. 

• Thanks 1