Vietnam pilot who disregarded direct order gets Medal of Honor

Social Media

8 minutes ago, gargamon said:

The only draft dodger currently running for president is Trump.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/09/16/fact-check-biden-received-multiple-draft-deferments-vietnam/5809482002/

"Lifeguard/Football player Joe Biden got five draft deferments for asthma during Vietnam," a post claims, alongside a photo of high-school-aged Biden.

Edited by BenStark
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hanaguma said:

Not me, I recognized the actual hero. Perhaps Biden did too, and that is why he scurried away so

fast. Embarrassed to share the stage with a man who DIDN'T shirk his duty. 

More "perhaps" nonsense? First it was "wandered off" now it's "scurried away"? How about he walked away because of the demands of his office?

And I'm still waiting for you to point out what in that video that showed that the recipient of the Medal of Honor felt humiliated.

8 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

WHo is the president?  

Wait, maybe the "border czar" will step up and come up with some answers....  or not.  Latest policy from the administration is a "remain in Texas" idea. Good luck with that.

Oh gee wizz haggie last time I looked the United States is a democracy not a dictatorship this administration is doing its best within the laws we have on the books if there is some other remedy perhaps you can share it with us?no?then perhaps it’s time for both parties to hash out a legislative fix.otherwise I will just put this down as another cheep slur at the democrats at the expense/distraction of a metal of honor recipient……sad 

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Make that refused by the navy for asthma.

You did read the part about the 5 college deferments before he went in for the medical exam that classified him "1-Y".

Trump only had 4 before his medical exam that classified him as "1-Y".

• Haha 1

Just now, impulse said:

You did read the part about the 5 college deferments before he went in for the medical exam that classified him "1-Y".

Trump only had 4 before his medical exam that classified him as "1-Y".

Yes, only one was a refusal for asthma. Biden did nothing out of the ordinary by getting college deferments, all the rich kids did. I was responding to the misleading claim that Biden "got" a deferral due to asthma. Undoubtedly the great unwashed will try to play word games again but he did not in any way, shape or form, request a deferral due to asthma. The navy refused to accept him. Again, pretty normal for asthmatics.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Yes, only one was a refusal for asthma. Biden did nothing out of the ordinary by getting college deferments, all the rich kids did. I was responding to the misleading claim that Biden "got" a deferral due to asthma. Undoubtedly the great unwashed will try to play word games again but he did not in any way, shape or form, request a deferral due to asthma. The navy refused to accept him. Again, pretty normal for asthmatics.

Do you agree that American youth in the 1960's-70's should have joined the U.S military and  gone to Vietnam to fight and kill Vietnamese people ?

I seemed to recall that the Left wingers opposed the war at the time 

35 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Do you agree that American youth in the 1960's-70's should have joined the U.S military and  gone to Vietnam to fight and kill Vietnamese people ?

Going rather far astray, aren't we?

• Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I did oppose the war but I registered for the draft as required by the law. They cancelled the draft before my draw.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, placeholder said:

More "perhaps" nonsense? First it was "wandered off" now it's "scurried away"? How about he walked away because of the demands of his office?

And I'm still waiting for you to point out what in that video that showed that the recipient of the Medal of Honor felt humiliated.

How about he walked away because he forgot the ceremonial protocol?

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

I did oppose the war but I registered for the draft as required by the law. They cancelled the draft before my draw.

Any reason why you didn't take a moral stance refuse to go, like Mohamed  Ali did ?

Why didn't you become a conscientious  rejecter and refuse to join the war in Vietnam ?

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Any reason why you didn't take a moral stance refuse to go, like Mohamed  Ali did ?

Why didn't you become a conscientious  rejecter and refuse to join the war in Vietnam ?

No. Had I been drafted I would have gone despite my opposition to the war. It was called national service for a reason.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, placeholder said:

Anybody can read whatever they like into it. In other words, any interpretation is about as definitive as the result of a Rorschach test.

Compared to similar ceremonies then protocol was breached. No interpretation required.

Your defenses of Biden are just like the big guy himself - weak and wobbly.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

Compared to similar ceremonies then protocol was breached. No interpretation required.

Your defenses of Biden are just like the big guy himself - weak and wobbly.

Ya might ask putin if he agrees with that little slander or ask nato or president zelensky hummm?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, gargamon said:

I think you're a little confused here. The only draft dodger currently running for president is Trump.

Google tells me

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/09/16/fact-check-biden-received-multiple-draft-deferments-vietnam/5809482002/

Fact check: Biden, like Trump, received multiple draft deferments from Vietnam

7 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Did you miss the part where he wasn't required to go?

Anyway, his survival chances would have been way higher with the Aussies than with the US forces there.

27 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Google tells me

Fact check: Biden, like Trump, received multiple draft deferments from Vietnam

Asthma verified in Biden's case. Fake bone spurs for Trump. You think these are equal? 

47 minutes ago, gargamon said:

Asthma verified in Biden's case. Fake bone spurs for Trump. You think these are equal? 

Ah yes. Joe the asthmatic lifeguard and star athlete.  Asthma only detected years later at a very convenient moment. After running out of student deferments. 

Like I said originally,  lots of young men did the same, to their everlasting shame. Trump, Clinton, Cheney among them . It in no way excuses or justifies Biden from doing the same thing. 

I was never a fan of John Kerry, but at least he served when called. 

• Like 1