Trump vows to end ‘madness’ of EV push

Social Media

1 hour ago, Berkshire said:

This thread is full of old guys opining.  But among younger people (and younger voters), climate change and the environment in general is about the most important issue in their lives.  Understandably so as they'll be around longer to deal with the consequences of man-made climate change.  So these old guys praising and worshiping Trump for his nutty beliefs, you're on the wrong side of history.   

If climate change is the number one issue among younger voters why did only 51% of 18-24 year olds vote in the 2020 USA elections? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'd believe that if I saw young people actually doing something about it if that what they believe, but I don't see anything that makes me believe they care.

Hmmm.....you want to see young people doing something about it.  When Greta Thunberg travels the world to preach environmental awareness, are you one of those guys who attack her mercilessly? Or do you think there should be more like her?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

So you are doing nothing then?

Not true.

I do what I can and am supportive of government policies to do more. 
The fact is, individuals cannot have much impact individually - such a large problem requires mass effort across the globe and such efforts require government leadership.

• Thanks 1

Just now, MrMojoRisin said:

Not true.

The fact is, individuals cannot have much impact individually - such a large problem requires mass effort across the globe and such efforts require government leadership.

Rubbish. There are plenty of things individuals can do without Big Brother making them.

The best thing any individual can do is not have kids to pollute the world more. If the world's population was about 3 billion instead of 8 and rising the problem likely would not have been blamed on human activity.

8 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

If climate change is the number one issue among younger voters why did only 51% of 18-24 year olds vote in the 2020 USA elections? 

Which is the highest turnout for that demo since the 1960s. So what's yer point? 

Edited by mikebike
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Hmmm.....you want to see young people doing something about it.  When Greta Thunberg travels the world to preach environmental awareness, are you one of those guys who attack her mercilessly? Or do you think there should be more like her?

LOL. A shrill minor lambasting the UN was a bad joke. What did she achieve by it all anyway- zero that I've seen!

1 minute ago, mikebike said:

Which is the highest turnout for that demo since the 1960s. So what's yer point? 

My point is quite simple. Another poster mentioned climate change was the most important issue for young voters. Only 51% voting is very low. Very simple point. Get it??

6 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

I don't recall climate change being the dominate agenda in 2020, but I do recall Trump losing. 

Many people thought climate change was a strong factor in that election. Between abortion, the environment and climate change, Trump is on the nose.

7 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

I don't recall climate change being the dominate agenda in 2020, but I do recall Trump losing. 

Your post above mentioned climate change being the most important issue for " young voters" after you insulted generally the entire population of this forum. Are you one of the boomers with poor memory? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Rubbish. There are plenty of things individuals can do without Big Brother making them.

The best thing any individual can do is not have kids to pollute the world more. If the world's population was about 3 billion instead of 8 and rising the problem likely would not have been blamed on human activity.

Sorry mate, I tend to stick to reality.

Sell your Kool Aid elsewhere.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

and what "government policies" would they be? Pay more taxes? Far as I can see they have done sod all except talk a lot and go to conferences in exotic locations when they could have done it by videoconferencing.

Perhaps you mean "carbon credits", LOL.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

My point is quite simple. Another poster mentioned climate change was the most important issue for young voters. Only 51% voting is very low. Very simple point. Get it??

No, it is QUITE HIGH for the demo you mentioned, get it? 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You bang on a lot about other people having kids.

Not so much about which kids grow up to create the most per capita pollution.

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

and what "government policies" would they be? Pay more taxes? Far as I can see they have done sod all except talk a lot and go to conferences in exotic locations when they could have done it by videoconferencing.

Perhaps you mean "carbon credits", LOL.

There’s an example in the OP.

Did you miss it?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

She is a phony with rich parents.

15 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If only the Thunbergs had heeded your advice...

• Love It 1

2 minutes ago, mikebike said:

No, it is QUITE HIGH for the demo you mentioned, get it? 

No. When almost 1/2 don't vote but others ( like you ) think that is impressive or " QUITE HIGH" and others even SAY it's the number one important issue for a " demo". Then your blinders or pure stubbornness are infiltrating your thought process.