Big Bike Rider Killed in Crash with Six-Wheeler in Chonburi

snoop1130

375908551_781040707362083_3850453000991138153_n-696x393.jpg

A Thai man was killed when his big bike was rear-ended by a six-wheeler in the Ban Bueng district, Chonburi early this morning.

The crash occurred on September 6th on the Ban Bueng – Phan Thong Road in the Nong Bon Daeng sub-district.

Emergency responders reported finding one deceased person lying in a pool of blood on the road. He was later identified as Mr. Anuwat Pamornkul, a 25-year-old rider of a high-powered motorbike. The body was transferred to Ban Bueng Hospital. Mr. Anuwat’s crash-damaged motorbike was discovered on the road.

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Caption: PHOTO: TMN Cable TV Pattaya

-- The Pattaya News 2023-09-06

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 4

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

375908551_781040707362083_3850453000991138153_n-696x393.jpg

A Thai man was killed when his big bike was rear-ended by a six-wheeler in the Ban Bueng district, Chonburi early this morning.

The crash occurred on September 6th on the Ban Bueng – Phan Thong Road in the Nong Bon Daeng sub-district.

Emergency responders reported finding one deceased person lying in a pool of blood on the road. He was later identified as Mr. Anuwat Pamornkul, a 25-year-old rider of a high-powered motorbike. The body was transferred to Ban Bueng Hospital. Mr. Anuwat’s crash-damaged motorbike was discovered on the road.

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Caption: PHOTO: TMN Cable TV Pattaya

-- The Pattaya News 2023-09-06

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Too fast? Drunk? Got a nap? Or bad rear lights of truck? Anyway RIP

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

Too fast? Drunk? Got a nap? Or bad rear lights of truck? Anyway RIP

The truck rear-ended the bike. In other words the truck drove into the bike from behind. Not sure why they even mentioned that it was a "high powered" big bike. Might as well have been a scooter makes no difference if the bike just is stationary and a truck drives into it.

The full article mentions additionally

Police interviewed the driver of a white six-wheeler, only identified as Mr. Sirawut, who was involved in the crash. In a state of panic, he admitted that he crashed into the back of the victim’s motorbike while the victim was waiting to make a U-turn. The collision caused the deceased to be thrown under a passing vehicle, ultimately leading to his tragic demise.

Edited by eisfeld
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Harsh Jones said:

Left turns are the most dangerous. He was probably focused on turning which didn't give him a chance to eye his mirrors. Whenever you are stationary in traffic, it is a good idea to keep an eye on your mirror to see if someone will pile into you

If he was doing a u-turn then he'd be turning right in Thailand. Chance are he's not parallel to the lane but angled to turn to the opposing side so wouldn't see much in the mirrors. But I agree he was probably focused on the oncoming traffic to see when it is safe to do the u-turn. RIP

3 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Trucks drive completely without regard for safety around here.

Speeding and travelling in the outside lane when not overtaking the two most obvious violations.

Nothing will ever be done though.  

Especially those cement drivers are a menace to society 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Harsh Jones said:

Left turns are the most dangerous. He was probably focused on turning which didn't give him a chance to eye his mirrors. Whenever you are stationary in traffic, it is a good idea to keep an eye on your mirror to see if someone will pile into you

I always if stopped , I place the bike in middle of two lanes just in case , one comes speeding thru , I try to stay out of middle of one lane and I always look my mirrors, to see what’s coming behind me , too many brake fails here 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1