MHESI Permanent Secretary Travelled Overseas 32 Times In 18 Months: Wiroj

webfact

4 hours ago, retarius said:

I don't think you could do 35 overseas trips for 5 million. I quite often travel Business class and so I know what First and Business cost. (I know what First costs because if you buy a Business class ticket, you get offers to upgrade to First). You need also to ask did he take his wife and/or girlfriend along.

I don't think that was for all the trips. 

'It was estimated that on some trips as much as 5 million baht was spent with the permanent secretary flying by either First or Business class and upon arrival at the destination often travelling on a separate vehicle than the rest of the delegation.'

Your last point is a very good one. As others have said, taking your wife and girlfriend would be a bold move,  especially given how expert Thai women are with knives. 

Sorry for the bold text. It's probably due to copying and pasting

Edited by kimamey

3 hours ago, BKKBike09 said:

As far as I can see from the bit of paper the bloke is waving in the photo, the destinations included:

Lao , Cambodia, Malaysia, Myanmar, China, Hong Kong, Macau, Singapore, Japan, Australia, Israel, Switzerland, France, UK, Germany, Portugal, Sweden, USA, Guatemala

Some places like Japan, France and UK were visited several times.

Not entirely sure why a senior Ministry of Higher Education, Science, Research official would be visiting Macau or Guatemala ...

If you go to link it had the full list and dates. 

Permanent Secretaries are the absolute worst when it comes to corruption. On a per capita (individual) basis they steal more money than any PM, MP or Minister.

My favorite was Permanent Secretary for Transport Supoj Saplom. While at his daughter's wedding thieves broke into his house and had to call for more friend's with pick-up trucks to transport the cash. He had 1 Billion baht in the house.

Burglars find massive cash stash at Transport secretary’s home

https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/news-burglars-find-massive-cash-stash-at-transport-secretarys-home/

• Like 1