Outrage over Abbas's antisemitic speech on Jews and Holocaust

Social Media

2 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

Why do you think Abbas made those comments?

Why do you think he would make derogatory comments about Jews instead of say the Nepalese or Fijians?

PS - Better take a minute to put your thinking cap on, it’s a very tricky question with an extremely high difficulty level.

Abbas is a Muslim, he believes Islam is the true faith and that Jews are non believers in the true faith and Jews need to convert to the true faith , Islam and Israel should become an Islamic state .

That is the basis of the Israeli Jewish/Arab Muslim conflict (throughout the World)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RanongCat said:

Why you attempt to distract  from the core reason of the conflict ? Is the outrage in isolation from debate?

I’m not deflecting from the core reason(s) for the conflict.

The reason(s) got the conflict are not the topic of discussion.

Refer top of the thread for a clue what the subject of discussion is.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, MrMojoRisin said:

I am saying Abbas made these comments because of the Israeli occupation of Palestinian lands.

I very much doubt he believes what he has said, it is simply human nature to demonise one’s enemies.

Russians are calling Ukrainians Nazis and Ukrainians are calling Russians Orcs.

The days of shutting down opposition and questioning of Israel’s horrid treatment of the Palestinian people by simply labelling people “anti-semetic” are coming to an end.

There are vast numbers of Jewish people that are absolutely appalled at the crimes the state of Israel is committing  on a daily basis.

Israel is coming apart at the seams as a great many of it’s citizens are appalled at the extreme right government’s policies.

It beguiles me to think that a people that were the victims of mankind’s worst crime, the holocaust, are now perpetrating such evil, vicious, barbaric and inhumane abuse upon fellow human beings.

Well, it only hurts the Palestinian cause when a leader indulges in flagrant antisemitism. It gives the Israeli govt a useful distraction from the issue of their miserable treatment of Palestinians.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, RanongCat said:

Majority of people accept the fact ! It is the ongoing attempted  genocide of refugees in illegally  occupied blockaded  territories that is not !

I'll ignore your "genocide" flame game but the majority of Palestinians do NOT accept the existence of Israel. See how that's worked out for them. 

16 minutes ago, RanongCat said:

How so? Denied so much but most of Europe reviled Jews and Gypsies. Gypsies because they were poor and consider all thieves.  Jews because being denied ownership of property were extremely adept at  making  money as it was when legend say Jesus threatened the  money lenders in the jew temples so the elite Jews had the Roman masters eliminate Jesus !

Look for why England had a glass window tax etc !

You’ve been at ‘The Elders of Zion’ again.

Basically offering a crude distillation of Abbas’ deliberately offensive and inflammatory statement.

Just now, Jingthing said:

I'll ignore your "genocide" flame game but the majority of Palestinians do NOT accept the existence of Israel. See how that's worked out for them. 

You can not understand that population that was forcibly disenfranchised in favor of an imported population who have continued to oppress them in refugee camps do not accept ?

9 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Abbas is a Muslim, he believes Islam is the true faith and that Jews are non believers in the true faith and Jews need to convert to the true faith , Islam and Israel should become an Islamic state .

That is the basis of the Israeli Jewish/Arab Muslim conflict (throughout the World)

It’s a two way street my friend, there are religious nutters on both sides who believe those opposed need to be destroyed.

Religion poisons everything!

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, MrMojoRisin said:

You appear to be far too thin skinned to be on internet forums, every second post is you crying about your hurt feelings.

Either harden up or give it a miss.

Not at all thin skinned.

But when a person resorts to ad hominem they are both and at once, in breach of community rules and declaring they are out of rational arguments.

Play the ball, not the man.

1 minute ago, RanongCat said:

Probably disallowed for unspecified reason. Not needed  because relevance remains in this

Oh those ‘unspecified reasons’.

The only relevance in this discussion is Abbas’ deliberately offensive and inflammatory remarks.

Unless of course one wishes to offer excuses for his overt antisemitism.

Not being an ‘excusionist’ I’m inclined to judge the man on his words. 

He’s handed the extremists in Israel a political gift and they will use it to their advantage.

6 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

As it stands, the Palestinians have two choices:

1. Die in silence

2. Die fighting

Hypothetically,if the Palestinians were to go full Gandhi - nothing but non violent protest and also dropped all of the religious and bigoted rhetoric - what would that achieve for them?

Would the rest of the world step in to impose peace in the Middle East or would it simply allow Israel to accelerate the theft of the remaining land?

Normally, in any David v Goliath situation, it is David that garners overwhelming support - why is it not so here?

Religion. Especially US religionists.

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Not at all thin skinned.

But when a person resorts to ad hominem they are both and at once, in breach of community rules and declaring they are out of rational arguments.

Play the ball, not the man.

Where is the breach ? As for ad hominen I have centered on subject  and opinion. Correct  reference to other is circumstantial although relevant in context

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Oh those ‘unspecified reasons’.

The only relevance in this discussion is Abbas’ deliberately offensive and inflammatory remarks.

Unless of course one wishes to offer excuses for his overt antisemitism.

Not being an ‘excusionist’ I’m inclined to judge the man on his words. 

He’s handed the extremists in Israel a political gift and they will use it to their advantage.

And all the while deny the words of Ben Gvir are relevant to provocation ? If Israeli forces see cause for further butchering of a confined target while protecting the proliferation of "settlers" in occupied territory  with further sanctioning  by the US then I am sorry to say I think you are mislead.

• Like 1

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

If they were born in the US they are American Citizens.

Are you talking about immigrants to America who have acquired US Citizenship?

Why so coy?

So funny that you leap to assume more than was said. Is that because in your  mind there is so much more ? Come now....do not be coy !