3 examples of bad parenting in Thailand. Do you have any other?

advancebooking

1. The parents of the 16 yr old who let their daughter get involved with the 29 yr old American tiktok pedo (recently in the news). Why didn't they know what their daughter was up to for so long? 

2. Recently picked up my son from school. We were approaching the zebra crossing on a busy 4 way intersection. A 4 yr old girl was standing there alone with head down. She looked scared. No cars were stopping. We helped her cross and on she walked by herself. Where are her parents?

3. We went away recently and asked a Thai friend and her daughter to stay at our crib whilst we were away. I showed them the kitchen and said they can cook meals if they want. Oh no muma says 'we eat dinner from 7 eleven everynight'.  Nuff said. 

Any other examples, please write them below. 

• Confused 4
  • Sad 4

43 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Maybe look at the parenting in your own country, is that much better or did you find a way to start Thai bashing?

It took a while. The old tried, and true chestnut.  "THAI BASHING!"

Don't let the kids see. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

Turning a blind eye to your daughter doing sex work while pressuring her for money every month.

That's another classic.

You will cause a great suction never seen or experienced on this forum.  They will fully unretire the old Chestnut of THAI BASHING!

spacer.png

2 hours ago, advancebooking said:

1. The parents of the 16 yr old who let their daughter get involved with the 29 yr old American tiktok pedo (recently in the news). Why didn't they know what their daughter was up to for so long? 

2. Recently picked up my son from school. We were approaching the zebra crossing on a busy 4 way intersection. A 4 yr old girl was standing there alone with head down. She looked scared. No cars were stopping. We helped her cross and on she walked by herself. Where are her parents?

3. We went away recently and asked a Thai friend and her daughter to stay at our crib whilst we were away. I showed them the kitchen and said they can cook meals if they want. Oh no muma says 'we eat dinner from 7 eleven everynight'.  Nuff said. 

Any other examples, please write them below. 

You just started a never ending thread. Congrats!

There are many reasons why I don't have kids and I am not a parent.

One reason is that if I would be a parent, I would like to be a good parent. Unfortunately, that is very difficult. So many things to do wrong, so many things which are impossible to get right.

And what is right? What grandmother suggests? Or the newest book from that famous bestseller author? It's impossible to get it right. I am sure many parents try their best. 

The easiest way is obviously not having kids and seeing all those mistakes from the others. ???? 

• Thumbs Up 2

I have 3 children at home, luckily grown with own families and managed ok (plus).

But when i try to give small advice to my wife about upbringing of her daughters 2 boys, she dont listen at all, rather opposite. And yes, wifes daughter left for factory work in bangkok, leaving children with wifes 65 yrs old mother.

She cant assist with school work. Asked wife check up on their skills in reading, math etc-she only answer "have done"...

And go back to "tik-tok" :-(

4 hours ago, Olav Seglem said:

I have 3 children at home, luckily grown with own families and managed ok (plus).

But when i try to give small advice to my wife about upbringing of her daughters 2 boys, she dont listen at all, rather opposite. And yes, wifes daughter left for factory work in bangkok, leaving children with wifes 65 yrs old mother.

She cant assist with school work. Asked wife check up on their skills in reading, math etc-she only answer "have done"...

And go back to "tik-tok" ????

If you are married, they are your kids too. What have you done parenting wise?