Is Thailand’s education system safe in the hands of Bhumjaithai Party?

webfact

If they were the slightest bit serious about improving the nation, the first thing they need is clear policy, competent ministers with experience in the fields their ministries are in charge of, and at least a tiny amount of vision and planning. Sretta lacks every pre-requisite. So do most of his ministers. Especially the cop running education. What a lack of vision. 

20 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I am very surprised supporters of The Move Forward Party do not appear to be bothered about the goings on in Parliament ?

They are more worried about where the next payment for the Honda Click is coming from!

• Thumbs Up 2

The "Thai education system" needs a huge over haul, almost anything would be better than it is. It was a bit better but Prayut hammered the final nail into the coffin with his (whatever it was) 12 point student reference program. Thai education needs a serious enema, which involves getting rid of a huge number of totally useless and incompetent teachers. You could replace these teachers with dodos and get better results. How can you have English teachers who can't speak English? 

Lol at the faux outrage.

How is this different to Western governments?

When  did the UK last have a minister of education with any school experience?

Happens in every ministry in every country. Thailand's new foreign minister is just as inexperienced but not seeing quite the same angst. Not saying Thai education is good, I'm a teacher here, but the choice of minister shouldn't make much difference in the big scheme of things. 

Edited by Vampyteuthis
  • Confused 2

58 minutes ago, retarius said:

The "Thai education system" needs a huge over haul, almost anything would be better than it is. It was a bit better but Prayut hammered the final nail into the coffin with his (whatever it was) 12 point student reference program. Thai education needs a serious enema, which involves getting rid of a huge number of totally useless and incompetent teachers. You could replace these teachers with dodos and get better results. How can you have English teachers who can't speak English? 

Our son has English and Chinese at school, the teacher doesn’t speak either, I think the kids only learn the spoken words but nothing else. The school has an English teacher who is Thai and on the one occasion I spoke to him his English was very poor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Vampyteuthis said:

Lol at the faux outrage.

How is this different to Western governments?

When  did the UK last have a minister of education with any school experience?

Happens in every ministry in every country. Thailand's new foreign minister is just as inexperienced but not seeing quite the same angst. Not saying Thai education is good, I'm a teacher here, but the choice of minister shouldn't make much difference in the big scheme of things. 

What about Singapore, minister highly capable in terms of education. Vietnam also.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/9/2023 at 1:37 PM, spidermike007 said:

I am shocked too. Under the circumstances, and after the covid fiasco, and 9 long years of failed army leadership, I would have expected millions to be out in the streets. 

Maybe they have simply become apathetic, utterly complacent and compliant? Regardless, it is not a good sign. 

I prefer to think that MFP supporters want to rise above the violent red and yellow ways of violence and disorder. No good has come from any of it, regardless that it may have been justified.

I sincerely hope that the MFP will disrupt parliament in every lawful manner they can until a fresh election is needed, which they must surely win by a landslide. 

Edited by chickenslegs
  • Thanks 1

On 9/8/2023 at 4:32 PM, webfact said:

With a retired policeman at the helm of the Education Ministry, teachers and educators can only hope

Seems about right....After all they have a cement worker as Minister of Health & a Real Estate Developer as Prime Minister ????

Sits well with the 250 military appointed puppets called Senators ????

Maybe they should change the Thailand nickname from LOS to LOP

(land of puppets)

Edited by mania

9 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

I prefer to think that MFP supporters want to rise above the violent red and yellow ways of violence and disorder. No good has come from any of it, regardless that it may have been justified.

I sincerely hope that the MFP will disrupt parliament in every lawful manner they can until a fresh election is needed, which they must surely win by a landslide. 

Well, they already won an election by a decent margin. 

• Thanks 1

On 9/9/2023 at 3:40 PM, RichardColeman said:

Unless he gets to grips with the sheer amount of days off the kids have due to 'national holidays' , 'monk days' , 'teacher training' etc, the kids will continue to grow up with half the brains of other kids in the world. 

Yet they still massively out perform their neighbours Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Malaysia.

Smart people the Thais, big results for little effort. Nice life balance.

And before you say "Those countries can speak English better"

Who cares, the Thais are not interested in English and their economy is as big as  all the neighbours combined.

Where do you live? Why? 

Because it is good. 

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, mania said:

Seems about right....After all they have a cement worker as Minister of Health & a Real Estate Developer as Prime Minister ????

Sits well with the 250 military appointed puppets called Senators ????

Maybe they should change the Thailand nickname from LOS to LOP

(land of puppets)

Plus a 5 yrs in jail in Oz man as a minister.