Multi-reentry permit on Non-Ed

Is it "harder" to get approved for? Or just costlier at 3,800 baht? I assume unlimited re-entries?

Do I need to prepare an excuse for it? I am considering using an agent. In my case, the US embassy Cambodia (Phnom Penh) has next day appointments for notary service (I'm in real estate) and BKK is 2+ weeks booked out. I probably need a cover story as that blows the lid on my stay in thailand for "education"

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Hal65 said:

Is it "harder" to get approved for? Or just costlier at 3,800 baht? I assume unlimited re-entries?

Nothing much required for reentry permit.

Single 1000b 

Multiple 3800b . Unlimited exit/reenter.

Only difference is cost and box you tick on the TM8.

Can only be obtained inside Thailand.

Your issue will be immigration

Even when genuine ED students ask about a trip out of Thailand it's recommended to obtain

"letter from school" 

With many trips in/out Thailand 

Your plan won't work.

Edited by DrJack54

There will be absolutely no problem getting a re-entry permit (single or multiple). If using this for a trip outside Thailand of a day or two, Immigration on entry will also have no problem. However, if you are making lengthy trips outside Thailand, Immigration is very likely to question your status as a genuine student. Unless you can satisfy them, denied entry is conceivable. A letter from your school explaining that the absences are pre-planned, with appropriate remedial actions on your part to stay current on the course program, is highly recommended.

• Like 1

On 9/10/2023 at 5:42 AM, BritTim said:

There will be absolutely no problem getting a re-entry permit (single or multiple). If using this for a trip outside Thailand of a day or two, Immigration on entry will also have no problem. However, if you are making lengthy trips outside Thailand, Immigration is very likely to question your status as a genuine student. Unless you can satisfy them, denied entry is conceivable. A letter from your school explaining that the absences are pre-planned, with appropriate remedial actions on your part to stay current on the course program, is highly recommended.

My plan is to always enter through CNX. Chiang Mai seemed pretty easy.

I need to go to Cambodia for a few days at a time. Over a year I may need to do it 3 to 5 times. It can be timed to look like mostly weekend trips to a neighboring country.

Edited by Hal65