Scrap my scooter where ?

steph83

One of those scrap recycling places will take it off your hands.

The one in my village pays 8 baht per kg for bikes.

So if you scooter is circa 150Kg you will get 1K2 baht for it.

Make sure you still have the green book to show the recycle shop.

Some ask to see it.  Some dont.

As another option, finos used to be the go to bike for the kids to do up for drag racing.

You might ask sole lads at a tin shed bike repair shop if they want it.  You could gift it to them....or you might be able to haggle a deal for a new tire on you other bike....or a oil change.....

• Like 2

I 'sold' 2 to a local bike repair shop, I asked if they wanted them for spares, they came and looked, gave me 3k without me asking for money, took them away on a sidecar with the books, the reg number was invalid as no tax was paid for a few years, now years later I still see them being driven around my village (no tax stickers), one lady told me she paid 5k for one, it was around 20yrs old. (the bike not the lady :giggle:)

16 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

What? Do you consider 30 minutes too long?

I cant say I have heard of a stolen thing in Thailand by anyone I know in 20 years. News, briefly, yes, but not a single Item, except fruit, fish from ponds, vegetables, and my  father in law missing a stack of bananas from his farm land last week, and thats it in 20 years. 

not sure why the bold text appeared, 

Edited by Hummin
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Hummin said:

I cant say I have heard of a stolen thing in Thailand by anyone I know in 20 years. News, briefly, yes, but not a single Item, except fruit, fish from ponds, vegetables, and my  father in law missing a stack of bananas from his farm land last week, and thats it in 20 years. 

You miss the part about the "free" sign?

15 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

You miss the part about the "free" sign?

Indeed I missed that part, anyway, Im not sure that would help much, but would be interesting to know if OP really did so, and how long time it really would take.

Easiest to just go to one of the scrap yard gardens and ask if they can come and get it for you. 

Just now, Hummin said:

Indeed I missed that part, anyway, Im not sure that would help much, but would be interesting to know if OP really did so, and how long time it really would take.

Easiest to just go to one of the scrap yard gardens and ask if they can come and get it for you. 

I would push it to the closest shop and sell it. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hummin said:

A stolen thing??? Why in the world are you talking like that? Who talked about stolen things? You must have quoted the wrong person. I said that you put up a sign FREE, which means that you as an owner want somebody to have it and take care of it. That is very different from stealing something.

I have, for example, put out many things over the year, and there are all from people who want it to the ones collecting different scrap that takes it away.