How do i know if my landlord has registered my TM30 ?

4 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

Nothing unusual about your agent doing the TM30 (most agencies will do it online for you) but they should give you a "Receipt" (either from immigration if they did it in person OR print out from the system if they've done it online). 

So simplest way to be sure is to ask your Agent for the TM30 receipt. 

The online system doesn't generate a receipt or give the option to print, the best you can do is maybe a screenshot of the entry.

• Thumbs Up 1

Obviously you could ask your landlord (title of your thread) and your agent (your post) which one of them did the TM-30 notification of you having having moved in to a new location, and ask for a copy of that notification.

But it would be helpful to get some more information on your specific situation, why your agent would 'take care of it > are you by any chance making use of a Fixer agent that got hold of your Non Imm O Visa and subsequent extensions at an Imm Office in a different province than where you are residing?

The proof of the pudding that the TM-30 notification was done, is when you go to your local Imm Office.  They will NOT provide you with any service (be it a residence certificate, Re-Entry Permit, extension application) when the TM-30 together with the required documents (e.g. rental contract, house-book, ID of owner of premises) was not filed at the office. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JoeyMac said:

Guys we've just moved in to property. Our agent has said he would do our TM30, which i thought was unusual. 

How do we check if it has been done? I had a look at the website, felt lost, and ran away from the screen. 

As above, the agent can take a screenshot of the entry, but otherwise you have to take their word for it. You will find out soon enough if you present at immigration and they say it hasn't been done, then get the agent on the phone.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Obviously you could ask your landlord (title of your thread) and your agent (your post) which one of them did the TM-30 notification of you having having moved in to a new location, and ask for a copy of that notification.

But it would be helpful to get some more information on your specific situation, why your agent would 'take care of it > are you by any chance making use of a Fixer agent that got hold of your Non Imm O Visa and subsequent extensions at an Imm Office in a different province than where you are residing?

The proof of the pudding that the TM-30 notification was done, is when you go to your local Imm Office.  They will NOT provide you with any service (be it a residence certificate, Re-Entry Permit, extension application) when the TM-30 together with the required documents (e.g. rental contract, house-book, ID of owner of premises) was not filed at the office. 

Think the landlord is in China. So my agent said they would do it. 

14 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

I took "Agent" to mean his "Real Estate" Agent not "Visa" Agent, the Lady who found us our previous condo did my TM30 (in person) without me even asking her to do it & then did another one when my GF happened to mention to her I was visiting the UK & would be away for a couple of weeks (though I didn't need her to as I was returning to the same address). 

For the last move my new Landlord offered to do it online for me but as I was doing my Extension, Multi Re-Entry Permit & 90 day report at that time, I just got my "Visa" agent to do my TM30 for me (500b) [Nothing dodgy about it as I keep the 800K in the bank all year round & I know it was done in Jomtien because I had to go there on the day to have my picture taken].

Edited by Mike Teavee
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

The online system doesn't generate a receipt or give the option to print, the best you can do is maybe a screenshot of the entry.

I'm assuming there's a way of searching for your entry & doing a screenshot of it that is acceptable to immigration as numerous people get TM30s from their hotel when they need to do something at immigration.    

9 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

I'm assuming there's a way of searching for your entry & doing a screenshot of it that is acceptable to immigration as numerous people get TM30s from their hotel when they need to do something at immigration.    

The whole point of the online system is "its in the system". There is no need for a receipt as immigration looks at their screen and sees the entry, if there is no entry it means it hasn't been done.

Immigration dont ask for a receipt to prove a tm30, they look at their screen.

Edited by Peterw42
  • Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, JoeyMac said:

How do we check if it has been done?

Agent or landlord give you a photocopy of the TM-30 receipt.

Some agents do this as a free service to all clients.

If you still worried, go to your nearest immigration office and check yourself.

19 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

That's exactly how it works.

• Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

> Re getting proof that the TM-30 has been filed when using the on-line TM-30 system.

Here an excerpt from the comprehensive guideline I wrote on how to register the address you are staying on the IO TM-30 website, which will allow the registrar to file a TM-30 on-line.

To check whether the TM30 data you uploaded have really been filed, simply open the website again, and on the left-hand page click on the 2nd directory and select Search TM30.

Enter your username (when it does not appear automatically) and then fill in the search-period for your TM30.  The dates need to be max 7 days apart and have to be in Thai date-notation.

Your uploaded TM30 will appear and you can take a screenshot.

You lost me at 'simply open the website'. 

I did open it. Then quickly closed my laptop. The horror. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Peterw42 said:

The whole point of the online system is "its in the system". There is no need for a receipt as immigration looks at their screen and sees the entry, if there is no entry it means it hasn't been done.

Immigration dont ask for a receipt to prove a tm30, they look at their screen.

You are wrong. 

When I renewed my visa last time, they asked for a copy of my TM30.  They said they could see that I had done it, but still asked for a copy.

5 hours ago, JoeyMac said:

Guys we've just moved in to property. Our agent has said he would do our TM30, which i thought was unusual. 

How do we check if it has been done? I had a look at the website, felt lost, and ran away from the screen. 

Dont worry about it. Its not up to you to check

Just make sure that you go to IO to register you are living there, and make sure they give you the paper to put in your passport that you did that.

Job done.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

.....Immigration dont ask for a receipt to prove a tm30, they look at their screen.

For almost any service here in Chiangmai Immigration, a photocopy of the TM30 Receipt of Notification (or screenshot of an online filing) is required.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nickmondo said:

Just make sure that you go to IO to register you are living there, and make sure they give you the paper to put in your passport that you did that.

Which document do you think you need to fill out when you go to Immigration to register, and what kinds of supporting documents do you think they will ask for?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Caldera said:

That depends. At some immigration offices, you won't get past the document check without a TM30 receipt. So even when it's in the system, you still need to add a screenshot of your record to your documents. 

Yes, at Chaengwattana, they asked for a TM30 receipt when I made the 90 days report  on april.

Edited by daejung

My personal experience. The only way for the tenant to know or be assured that TM 30 has been filed is to demand for a hard copy receipt, if it is filed by hard copy format, or screenshot if it is filed online via website or mobile app. The website or the app does not provide any means to download a confirmation/receipt that the  filing has been made. However, the account user can enquire the previous filing made, I remember it is only  within a timeframe. The account user has to cap screenshots of what has been filed as a form of evidence. 

Different scenarios happened in the last 8 months:

1. I rent out my unit in BKK and I made initiation to provide screenshots of my TM 30 filing to the tenant even before he asked. However, I notice that I can only I input the check out date to be the same as the tenant's visa expiry date. So I expect I need to file another TM30 after that date again when he will renew a new visa. To be found out.

2. I know another owner who has 2 units in my condo. The owner was unaware of TM30 requirement and had never created TM30 user account until he rented out Unit A to a tenant who recently arrived BKK for the first time. I believe the tenant was unaware of TM30 existence. The real estate agent took initation to create new TM30 user account on behalf of the owner and sent the user ID and password to the owner afterwards. 

3. The very same real estate agent got a new tenant in Unit B, but this tenant has been in BKK for sometime and he is aware of the importance of securing the evidence of TM30 filing. This tenant requested the owner/real estate agent to provide him a copy of the TM30 filing. The agent had to do the same as before, to create a new user account on behalf of the owner.

I have no knowledge when the TM30 is filed in hard copy by post, how the receipt is to be sent back to the applicant and whether an envelope with returned postage is required. 

In short, tenant beware...

1 hour ago, patrick228 said:

1. I rent out my unit in BKK and I made initiation to provide screenshots of my TM 30 filing to the tenant even before he asked. However, I notice that I can only I input the check out date to be the same as the tenant's visa expiry date. So I expect I need to file another TM30 after that date again when he will renew a new visa. To be found out.

The check-out date field is optional and can be left blank. I think it's more meant for hotels (that use the same website for TM30 notifications). I've never filled it in and that has never been a problem. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Caldera said:

The check-out date field is optional and can be left blank. I think it's more meant for hotels (that use the same website for TM30 notifications). I've never filled it in and that has never been a problem. 

It is good to know. I completed TM30 filing a few times but always filled all the blanks. Thanks.

Edited by patrick228