Japanese fugitive escapes Thai police custody in daring car chase, manhunt underway

webfact

5 hours ago, Digitalbanana said:

Fortunate that the news reporter was alert and on the scene to get the car chase photo; even had time to get the right shutter speed for effect. Well done.

His name seems to be FREEPIK.

I wonder how much he gets paid.

• Love It 1

44 minutes ago, off road pat said:

Now will be the hard part,...find shelter, find food, keep hiding,...find a escape route to get outside the country !!

Run ... Yuki Yanagi,.....Run..... Just as well it was Japanese people he conned-- if it were  Khon Thai we have page after page of the usual mob, telling us just how naive all Thai people are.................:coffee1:

4 hours ago, Stevemercer said:

It's good that he was allowed to keep enough money in his pockets to catch a taxi. Although he could have just done a runner, I guess.

And, I guess there is a chance that from the Pattanakarn area (where the article says the taxi was going towards), he took another taxi shortly afterwards and headed towards a totally different direction, with the thought that the police would look for him mainly in the Pattanakarn area.

I don't know. I am bored and just developed a scenario in my mind ????

By the way, good old Suan Phlu Immigration place ???? I am sure many of you here have been there. We used to do all our visa etc stuff there for many many years. Often, the place was chaotic and there were long waits, but, it was in a very central, nice part of town ????

11 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

On September 9, a Japanese fugitive, Yuki Yanagi, escaped police custody in a daring car chase. He was initially detained at the Immigration Bureau in Suan Phlu before managing to commandeer a police vehicle and flee the scene. Yuki, who was later discovered to have abandoned the vehicle and taken a taxi, remains at large.

The incident occurred as Yuki was being transported for a court hearing at Ratchada Criminal Court. On arrival back at the Immigration Bureau for continued detention, he feigned illness and collapsed.

As officers attempted to assist him into the building, he seized the opportunity to sprint to the police vehicle and drive away, crashing through the office gates. It is believed that he had premeditated this escape, pretending to be injured from a previous fall at the court.

The abandoned police vehicle was later found near Charoen Krung Pracharak Hospital. Yuki had hailed a taxi and headed towards Pattanakarn Road, but his current whereabouts are unknown.

by Nattapong Westwood

Illustration: A Japanese fugitive escapes Thai police custody in a daring car chase. Photo: Freepik

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/crime/japanese-fugitive-escapes-thai-police-custody-in-daring-car-chase-manhunt-underway

he was lucky to get a cab with a meter..where did he get the money for the fare..maybe some loose change in the police car!

11 hours ago, webfact said:

-- The Thaiger 2023-09-11

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

6 hours ago, off road pat said:

Now will be the hard part,...find shelter, find food, keep hiding,...find a escape route to get outside the country !!

he has plenty of Yūjin outside where he can bunker down for a feed and sleep. Then it's off to the border then Tokyo here I come .....   ????

18 hours ago, Digitalbanana said:

Fortunate that the news reporter was alert and on the scene to get the car chase photo; even had time to get the right shutter speed for effect. Well done.

Also remember this is thought to be premeditated, when he collapsed they tried to help him into the department, he wasn't cuffed? 

Also he knew the vehicle he was running to had the keys in it, that's amazing. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, steven100 said:

he has plenty of Yūjin outside where he can bunker down for a feed and sleep. Then it's off to the border then Tokyo here I come .....   ????

No not Tokyo, he's wanted in Japan for defrauding people of 4.8 million Bhat, enough to fill many brown envelopes