Thailand’s food delivery drivers feel pinch as Grab, Line rack up losses

webfact

On 9/12/2023 at 6:18 AM, jacko45k said:

Tipping is another issue, I would like to see them paid a decent fixed income and not be dependent on mooching off customers. 

Either way, you pay. If the employer pays them more, they have to increase the price to stay competitive. Tipping is just a tax-free way of subsidizing their wages. I have noticed a lot of contempt for our American practice of tipping.   In the states, I always tipped 15 percent.

11 hours ago, Felton Jarvis said:

Either way, you pay. If the employer pays them more, they have to increase the price to stay competitive. Tipping is just a tax-free way of subsidizing their wages. I have noticed a lot of contempt for our American practice of tipping.   In the states, I always tipped 15 percent.

The USA system is not regarded highly by outsiders coming from countries where we pay our workers at least minimum wage. Putting the onus onto customers is difficult to grasp and opens up situations of conflict between cheap people, and mean/greedy servers. I believe there is confusion over there with some areas introducing minimum wage for serving staff, and a really out of control tipping scene in places like Vegas. 

On 9/11/2023 at 2:01 PM, CanadaSam said:

I tip ALL service workers, and 99% of the time, they are extremely grateful and you can clearly see the happiness in their faces!

And I am SO grateful for being in a country where a "mandatory" 20% is not required and I can tip according to the level of service I receive!

I don't believe you... you are Canadian... your countries reputation precedes you... 555