Trump asks judge in federal elections case to step aside

Social Media

Russia’s President Vladimir Putin said Tuesday that the four separate criminal cases against former U.S. President Donald Trump are politically motivated.

In the same remarks, Putin went on to praise billionaire entrepreneur Elon Musk, who he described as an “active, talented businessman” and “an outstanding person.” In recent days, Musk has been under fire for purportedly thwarting a planned Ukrainian drone strike on Russian-occupied Crimea.

https://www.politico.eu/article/charges-against-donald-trump-are-politically-motivated-vladimir-putin-says-russia-us/

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Do you disagree with the judge?

She correctly stated that convicted rioters were motivated by blind loyalty to Trump. That's actually true.

The question is if Trump did anything illegal related to January 6. That's to be litigated.

From the Washington Post article linked earlier:

Attorneys for Donald Trump on Monday asked U.S. District Judge Tanya S. Chutkan to disqualify herself from presiding over Trump’s federal election obstruction case, saying Chutkan appears to have prejudged the former president’s guilt based on statements she made in past cases involving Jan. 6, 2021, riot defendants.

The question raised in the recusal motion is not that anything the judge said is incorrect but whether it is prejudicial.

The response from the prosecution is due Thursday Washington DC time.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

"The Gang of Haters" are out in force reveling in their collective disdain for Trump... Trump wins hands down... he lives in their minds like no other... he blinds them to reality of today and the mess that is going on now... without him they have no purpose in life.. they might as well be dead.

You don't hate Biden?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Given your clear adulation of Trump, it's no surprise that you regard his critics like this. Hero worshipping much?

I have stated many times and will do so once again... I have never liked Trump... I liked some of his accomplishments in making America prosperous, but have always regarded him as a narcissistic ass and all around <deleted>... so move on 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

You don't hate Biden?

I do not like what Biden and his handlers have done to the USA... I do not hate Biden, I feel sorry that his ego let him be dragged into something so far over his head that it is frightening... Joe is not all there and Joe has shown nothing but disdain for the citizenry for whatever his reasons.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2