How many calories does large Cha Yen (Thai iced tea) at 7-11 have?

NorthernRyland

1 minute ago, IndomitableSpirit said:

It's usually 246 calories per 350ml  and 48g carbs. That's cha yen in general. The one in 711 perhaps more. It gave me a buzz enough to run around our mooban 3x ????????????????‍♀️

that's not as bad as I thought but it's probably more like 300. The sugar levels are off the charts.

It’s the super content you don’t need. If it’s to drink at home, take bottled water with a dash of lime juice. Very refreshing.  I Ve got a flask that I carry every time I go on a longer walk etc. I put water .  Or you can make your own ice tea and add a small spoon of honey. Hot or cold. Takes 2 mins. I’m no health freak but avoid sugar and too much salt.  Nearly all Thai food has too much sugar added, including stir fry’s and also msg which is salt. 

• Like 1

I am a Thai tea lover and have given the 7-11 Thai tea a swerve for as long as I can remember.

Can't answer the question but it tastes super sweet as hell to me, and I have a sweet tooth !

19 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

You can always tell them to put less or no sugar. In thai "nam tan nik noi" (less sugar) or "nam tan mai aw" (no sugar). 

Good advice, and for Thai milk tea there is usually some sweetened-condensed milk going in there, so you can even order no sugar (can also say "mai sai nam tan") and it will still have some sweetness. If you are "hardcore" you can also ask them not put in the sweetened-condensed milk as well.

For black teas, I like a little bit of sugar to liven it up a bit. 

18 hours ago, CecilM said:

Sweetened condensed milk 45cal/tbsp.

Evaporated milk has 15cal/tbsp.

Both used liberally in chaa-yen; I’d say 3 condensed and 5 evaporated.

And there’s probably sugar syrup added as well. 

You can probably double those numbers for the 7-11 version ????