Could you see yourself wearing a gold chain

bignok

My Gold Digger wife recently asked me if I would wear a gold chain. Umm, thanks Teerak but that's not my style. Somehow she has managed to wear her 1 baht necklace for some years now without getting robbed in some fashion. Also a 5 baht bracelet on occasion and that is truly obscene. But we really connect on many other levels.

• Haha 1

Years ago my wife had me wear one with some special amulet to keep me safe, I always kept it inside my shirt as not to show off (dangerous in my opinion), Anyway, during a Songkran festival a bunch of mototaxis riders tried to get it away from me--guess they saw it on the back of my neck, resulting in a fight between myself and several of them. I ended up a little banged up but kept the chain. Lesson learned, I've never worn that chain--or any other again, especially now with the price of gold where it is, at the time I was mugged it was around 7k-9k for a baht of gold. So much for the amulet keeping me safe LOL!

On 9/16/2023 at 1:08 PM, ross163103 said:

Years ago my wife had me wear one with some special amulet to keep me safe, I always kept it inside my shirt as not to show off (dangerous in my opinion), Anyway, during a Songkran festival a bunch of mototaxis riders tried to get it away from me--guess they saw it on the back of my neck, resulting in a fight between myself and several of them. I ended up a little banged up but kept the chain. Lesson learned, I've never worn that chain--or any other again, especially now with the price of gold where it is, at the time I was mugged it was around 7k-9k for a baht of gold. So much for the amulet keeping me safe LOL!

Amulet held them off

• Haha 1