Hunter Biden indicted on three federal gun charges

Social Media

44 minutes ago, candide said:

December 2015, you cite? That was after The U.S., the EU and the IMF asked for Shokin to be dismissed! ????

"Sept. 24, 2015 – U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Geoffrey Pyatt excoriates officials in the Prosecutor General’s Office for stymying anti-corruption investigations, including those involving Burisma"

And

"Fall 2015 – Biden, along with the EU, publicly calls for ouster of Prosecutor General Shokin for failure to work on anti-corruption efforts.

John E. Herbst, U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine under George W. Bush, later testified before Congress:

“By late fall of 2015, the EU and the United States joined the chorus of those seeking Mr. Shokin’s removal as the start of an overall reform of the Procurator General’s Office. U.S. Vice President Joe Biden spoke publicly about this before and during his December visit to Kyiv.” 

https://www.justsecurity.org/66271/timeline-trump-giuliani-bidens-and-ukrainegate/

And what about this?

Archer testified that the Burisma public relations team in Washington, D.C., told him at the time that the prosecutor was under Burisma’s “control” and that the vice president’s advocating for the prosecutor’s ouster was bad for the company.

https://www.factcheck.org/2023/08/republicans-oversell-archers-testimony-about-hunter-and-joe-biden/

It seems that what Burisma actually wanted was to prevent the dismissal of Shokin.

11 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

Now you are concocting.  Since there was no investigation how do you know there was no proof.  The very fact that Shokin was investigating Burisma and Devon Archer "testified" that Burisma officials went to Hunter and asked for help from DC is more than sufficient evidence to show that Joe Biden's actions were not because he felt Shoking was not doing his job.  It was because Shokin was investigating Burisma and Hunter. 

Out of all the low life characters in Ukraine Joe Biden happens to focus his singular attention on the one person Burisma has asked Hunter for help from DC.  

As I have shown in a post you ignored, this is B.S.

The U.S., the IMF, and EU asked for Shokin to be fired in fall 2015, before the dinner in December 2015. There can be no causal link.

You also cherry-picked Archers statements. While the board was worried about the investigation, Burisma executives told them that Shokin was under control. It is also mentioned in the NYPost you linked previously:

"Within Burisma, Archer said that executives told board members that Shokin was “already taken care of,” which he interpreted as meaning his threat was blunted.

“That was the narrative that was fed to the board,” Archer said. “We were told that [his ouster] was bad. We don’t want a new prosecutor, Shokin was taken care of.”

It corroborates what he also stated in his testimony

Archer testified that the Burisma public relations team in Washington, D.C., told him at the time that the prosecutor was under Burisma’s “control” and that the vice president’s advocating for the prosecutor’s ouster was bad for the company.

https://www.factcheck.org/2023/08/republicans-oversell-archers-testimony-about-hunter-and-joe-biden/

32 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

Is there a part of interference with a foreign government you have difficulty in understanding.  Trump was impeached just for making the suggestion of an investigation.  Biden is on tape saying he demanded the resignation of Shokin as a condition to get $1 billion is USA aid.  As I said, you have trouble with the thinking part. 

Trouble with the thinking part? Projecting much?

What is so difficult to understand?

Biden was applying the official U.S. government policy, in coordination with the EU and the IMF.

Candidate Trump was blackmailing a foreign government to interfere in U.S. elections, by investigating his main political opponent, without any involvement of the DOJ (as stated by Barr). Trump was curbing U.S. official policy in his personal interest as Presidential candidate.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, candide said:

Biden was applying the official U.S. government policy, in coordination with the EU and the IMF

So let me understand the EU and the IMF along with the U.S. government focused on one person a prosecutor in Ukraine that just happened to be investigating Burisma.  As said, you must still believe in the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus. 

47 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

So let me understand the EU and the IMF along with the U.S. government focused on one person a prosecutor in Ukraine that just happened to be investigating Burisma.  As said, you must still believe in the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus. 

Projecting much, again?

Are you claiming that the EU Commission, the IMF, the Dept. of State and Joe Biden have conspired in order to help Burisma?

Edited by candide
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, candide said:

Projecting much, again?

Are you claiming that the EU Commission, the IMF, the Dept. of State and Joe Biden have conspired in order to help Burisma?

I am saying that I find it difficult to believe that the EU Commission, the IMF, the Dept of State and Joe Biden would have all coincidentally focused on one low ranking prosecutor in Ukraine.   Things don't happen by coincidence.  It is not a coincidence that this same prosecutor was invetigating Bursima.  It is not a coincidence that Devon Archer testified that Bursima officials approached Hunter Biden and asked if DC could help and then suddenly Biden uses coercian of witholding aid to Ukraine not to fire all the corrupt officials but just the one investigating Burisma where Hunter was getting huge amounts of money from. 

From your lack of ability to put the dots together there is little question that if you were in the possible jury pool for the OJ trial if I was Johnny Cochrane OJ's defense attorney I would want you now only on the jury but as the foreman of the Jury.  You would have tried to sway the jury that despite OJ's blood, injured hand, bloody gloves, and DNA at or near the crime scene that you did not have a video and two eyewitnesses seeing her slashing her throat so the rest was purely circumstantial.  

29 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

I am saying that I find it difficult to believe that the EU Commission, the IMF, the Dept of State and Joe Biden would have all coincidentally focused on one low ranking prosecutor in Ukraine.   Things don't happen by coincidence.  It is not a coincidence that this same prosecutor was invetigating Bursima.  It is not a coincidence that Devon Archer testified that Bursima officials approached Hunter Biden and asked if DC could help and then suddenly Biden uses coercian of witholding aid to Ukraine not to fire all the corrupt officials but just the one investigating Burisma where Hunter was getting huge amounts of money from. 

From your lack of ability to put the dots together there is little question that if you were in the possible jury pool for the OJ trial if I was Johnny Cochrane OJ's defense attorney I would want you now only on the jury but as the foreman of the Jury.  You would have tried to sway the jury that despite OJ's blood, injured hand, bloody gloves, and DNA at or near the crime scene that you did not have a video and two eyewitnesses seeing her slashing her throat so the rest was purely circumstantial.  

"It is not a coincidence that this same prosecutor was invetigating Bursima."

The guy was not investigating Burisma.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Longwood50 said:

What I am saying is that you have been consistently ignoring facts you don't like.

Fact is that the U.S. has continuously complained about the lack of action against corruption in Ukraine, and in particular criticized the prosecutor general's office, in 2014 and 2015, including Burisma. That's fact: official statements and speeches (transcripts linked in the timeline. Burisma was cited (among others). The reason of the insistence on Burisma was caused by the fact that the prosecutor's office covered up Burisma in a lawsuit by UK, a close ally of the U.S.

It was not only targeted towards Shokin. His predecessor, Yarema, has also been dismissed before him.

Shokin was not just a prosecutor. Like his predecessor also fired, he was the Head of the prosecutor general's  office.

Shokin did not bring much improvement, and instead went after anti-corruption organisations.  Testimonies have been made that the investigation into Busrisma has been laid dormant. Archer also officially testified that Burisma managers were claiming that Shokin was under control.

Finally (to make it short) the dinner you cite was in December 2015, and Biden and others were already asking for Shokin to be fired, before that. So It's impossible that the decision to fire Shokin may have been caused by what was said during this dinner. There has been pressure to fire him for months before that.

"John E. Herbst, U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine under George W. Bush, later testified before Congress:

“By late fall of 2015, the EU and the United States joined the chorus of those seeking Mr. Shokin’s removal as the start of an overall reform of the Procurator General’s Office. U.S. Vice President Joe Biden spoke publicly about this before and during his December visit to Kyiv.” (from the timeline linked). Testimony here

"By late fall of 2015", that was before the dinner you cite.

https://www.foreign.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/031516_Herbst_Testimony.pdf

Timeline

https://www.justsecurity.org/66271/timeline-trump-giuliani-bidens-and-ukrainegate/

Edited by candide
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, candide said:

What I am saying is that you have been consistently ignoring facts you don't like.

Fact is that the U.S. has continuously complained about the lack of action against corruption in Ukraine, and in particular criticized the prosecutor general's office, in 2014 and 2015, including Burisma. T

So let me get it straight.  You believe just by chance that all of a sudden all of the world became focused on just 1 prosecutor and corruption.  And his corruption was so great EU Commission, the IMF, the Dept of State and Joe Biden all concentrated just on this one man.  Your further believe that this one person was the only corrupt individual in Ukraine that warranted attention and that it was just coincidental that this one prosecutor was the only prosecutor said to be going after Burisma.  You ignore the testimony of the one person Devon Archer who testified that Hunter Biden was approached by Burisma Executive pleading for help from DC.   Sorry, you are worse than the OJ Simpson Jury.   

First off it is WRONG of the USA to interfere with the governance of another sovereign nation irrespective of how moral it might be.  Secondly, I don't believe in coincidences.  It is possible to flip a coin 100 times and come out heads but unlikely.  It is possible but unlikely that Shokin just happened to be the one that Biden targeted and he just happened to be the one targeting Burisma and Hunter Biden.  

You not only can't connect the dots. You deliberately shut your eyes to deny there are any dots. 

image.png.c689c1d0bb307832d8b6230c1dc49f97.png

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/15/2023 at 8:07 AM, Longwood50 said:

The Democrats have the mantra that "no one is above the law' but the Hunter Biden saga shows they believe that to be a law for "thee and not for me"  

I know this, that if it was Trump who had the evidence on a laptop, the payments coming from Burisma, the money wired to him from the wife of a Russian mayor and deals linking millions in transactions with China he would be wearing an orange jump suit already.  

I agree that no one is above the law.  When laws apply only to some and not to others it undermines society and makes it essentially lawless.  The Hunter Biden story has seriously eroded public confidence that our regulatory agencies are not biased and undermines faith in them.  The same is true of the Trump story where the opposite has occured and agencies are used as weapons.  

Nixon and others used the agencies to target people with tax probes etc.  Herbert Hoover was known to keep secret dossiers on people to exert influence over them.  The practice of not prosecuting some and punishing others by concocting charges has gone on for a long time.  
You see the same here in Thailand.  It is a sad indictment of human behavior. 

There is no laptop.

• Haha 1

On 9/24/2023 at 6:58 PM, Longwood50 said:

So let me get it straight.  You believe just by chance that all of a sudden all of the world became focused on just 1 prosecutor and corruption.  And his corruption was so great EU Commission, the IMF, the Dept of State and Joe Biden all concentrated just on this one man.  Your further believe that this one person was the only corrupt individual in Ukraine that warranted attention and that it was just coincidental that this one prosecutor was the only prosecutor said to be going after Burisma.  You ignore the testimony of the one person Devon Archer who testified that Hunter Biden was approached by Burisma Executive pleading for help from DC.   Sorry, you are worse than the OJ Simpson Jury.   

First off it is WRONG of the USA to interfere with the governance of another sovereign nation irrespective of how moral it might be.  Secondly, I don't believe in coincidences.  It is possible to flip a coin 100 times and come out heads but unlikely.  It is possible but unlikely that Shokin just happened to be the one that Biden targeted and he just happened to be the one targeting Burisma and Hunter Biden.  

You not only can't connect the dots. You deliberately shut your eyes to deny there are any dots. 

image.png.c689c1d0bb307832d8b6230c1dc49f97.png

The US had the right to decline funding for Ukraine if Ukraine didn't deal with their corruption problem.

One major issue in Ukraine was that their chief prosecutor wasn't doing his job.

So, the agencies funding Ukraine demanded that Shokin be fired.

You still don't seem to understand this.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/23/2023 at 9:00 PM, Longwood50 said:

They focused on Ukraine's chief prosecutor.  You don't seem to understand that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

The US had the right to decline funding for Ukraine if Ukraine didn't deal with their corruption problem.

One major issue in Ukraine was that their chief prosecutor wasn't doing his job.

So, the agencies funding Ukraine demanded that Shokin be fired.

A major issue for the Bidens was that their chief prosecutor was doing his job.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

A major issue for the Bidens was that their chief prosecutor was doing his job.

I will provide links showing that it was common knowledge that Shokin wasn't prosecuting Burisma.

You can provide links backing up your position. Please don't quote Shokin.

https://www.rferl.org/amp/why-was-ukraine-top-prosecutor-fired-viktor-shokin/30181445.html

https://www.cnn.com/factsfirst/politics/factcheck_3fae078e-8724-4c28-9340-2c154688af43

https://www.ft.com/content/e1454ace-e61b-11e9-9743-db5a370481bc

https://www.thedailybeast.com/fox-news-brian-kilmeade-accidentally-demolishes-a-hunter-biden-ukraine-conspiracy-theory

https://www.unian.info/society/1170127-auto-maidan-protesters-arrived-at-poroshenkos-residence-demanding-shokins-resignation-photos.html

Good luck!

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Didn't you tell us that the case against Trump was only allegations, and Trump is innocent until proven guilty?

Why the double standard?

Wow, someone actually liked your dumb post.

I never comment on political threads, I am not an American and I could care less about American nonsense politics, so..... I never actually made that made up comment.

I only comment on this thread because someone posted pictures of Biden's idiot son, so I made a comment about that.

But if you have a link, please post it.

1 hour ago, candide said:

Nor does Poroshenko

Republican Case Against Biden Beautifully Goes Up in Flames on Fox News :biggrin:

https://news.yahoo.com/republican-case-against-biden-beautifully-201940033.html

Nor did the IMF  the Dept of State  the EU, anticorruption organisations in Ukraine, the Ukrainian Parliament, etc...

Yahoo might trust the word of Poroshenko - I do not - he's as corrupt as the rest of them. 

There is no actual proof attached to what he says. You don't seem to understand this.

On 9/24/2023 at 4:48 AM, Longwood50 said:

Why do you keep on repeating the falsehood that Viktor Shokin was a low ranking prosecutor? Victor Shokin was the Prosecutor General of Ukraine. That is equivalent to the position of Attorney General of the United States. Do you believe that the Attorney General of the United States is a low ranking prosecutor?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, nauseus said:

Yahoo might trust the word of Poroshenko - I do not - he's as corrupt as the rest of them. 

There is no actual proof attached to what he says. You don't seem to understand this.

But you ignore all the other links affirming that Shokin was not investigating Burisma. Why is that?

3 hours ago, nauseus said:

These "news" reports simply cite old unproven allegation mostly from Rudy Guiliani. Zero proof.

Here's what Devon Archer said under oath about Shokin:

https://oversight.house.gov/release/comer-releases-devon-archers-transcribed-interview-transcript/

"so Shokin wasn’t specifically on my radar as being an individual that was ‑‑ that was targeting him."

Note that your links are all recent. And one uses Shokin as a source.

I remember when Shokin was fired. You are trying to gaslight people here. Shame on you.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Thanks 1