Is anyone else as confused as me as to why the US hasn't seized the opportunity to eliminate Putin & Kim Jong un at the same time

steven100

25 minutes ago, RanongCat said:

In real terms ? Not different. But under current  geopolitical conditions not at all advisable .

aha ....  but look at horishima ... the US DID not mess around there ....  kinda like you make a big problem your gone ....   ?

7 minutes ago, steven100 said:

aha ....  but look at horishima ... the US DID not mess around there ....  kinda like you make a big problem your gone ....   ?

Very true the US took advantage of an opportunity that killed many thousands of civilian lives in contravention of any humanitarian measures and have defended that act ever since in that it  quickly ended a war that was close to being ended anyway.

Do you suggest the US provoke the use of nuclear weapons on same basis ? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Russia has Nuclear bombs as well though , if the USA fired Nukes at Russia , they will likely get a few back going in the other direction 

if the US were serious ....  they wouldn't hesitate in blowing Russia of the face of the earth.  It depends on the threat and risk & reward I would expect.

1 minute ago, RanongCat said:

Very true the US took advantage of an opportunity that killed many thousands of civilian lives in contravention of any humanitarian measures and have defended that act ever since in that it  quickly ended a war that was close to being ended anyway.

I did not suggest anything.  The US could blow Russia out of the water if they really felt it was essential.

Just now, steven100 said:

I did not suggest anything.  The US could blow Russia out of the water if they really felt it was essential.

And in instantaneous retaliation Russia would do same to the US and significant  allies !

Are you not aware of the reality of nuclear capacities and the recognized incapable total elimination of threat in all directions?

Or are you satisfied with the concept that "we" won  because they all fried  before "we" did ?

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, RanongCat said:

Before you start pointing fingers, did you forget that Japan bombed the sh_t out of Pearl Harbour with no regard for anyone.

The USA ended the never ending death count of USA civilians called up to stop Japans aggression by bombing.

Try not to start pointing fingers when the USA was attacked first.....????

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, transam said:

Before you start pointing fingers, did you forget that Japan bombed the sh_t out of Pearl Harbour with no regard for anyone.

The USA ended the never ending death count of USA civilians called up to stop Japans aggression by bombing.

Try not to start pointing fingers when the USA was attacked first.....????

totally agree ....

Just now, RanongCat said:

Sick deflection from the fact that the nuclear vaporization of two civilian city populations cant be justified by the Japanese attack on a naval base.  More Lackey ?

What's the difference between a quick or long bombing campaign to stop an aggressor.....?

2 minutes ago, RanongCat said:

Sick deflection from the fact that the nuclear vaporization of two civilian city populations cant be justified by the Japanese attack on a naval base.  More Lackey ?

????.........And what happened after the attack on Perl Harbour, did the Japanese go home, or did they spread their wings, even ended up in Thailand.

I think you need to sit back and read some history....????

• Confused 2

Just now, RanongCat said:

I deplore the Russian aggression.  But I understand the basis of it. Remind me of why the US invaded Iraq and murdered Sadam H after failing to assist him to defeat Iran? Similarly Libya, Yemen , Afghanistan, Vietnam , etc  etc?

Soooo, funny......................????

• Confused 2

On 9/16/2023 at 12:20 PM, Cory1848 said:

The Western democratic model that the EU operates under provides better quality of life, prosperity, and freedom for all people than any other system *yet devised*

The current "Western democratic model" is becoming more dictatorial and authoritarian by the year as their citizens quality of life deteriorates rapidly, especially the middle-class which is being slowly decimated.  Nothing like a world war to facilitate a 'great reset,' so I would not be surprised if a major, non-Western Leader or Foreign Minister has a Archduke Franz Ferdinand moment and it's "Game On" for WWIII.   Pity to be a Millennial or GenZ as they will be the new draft-aged conscription pool for Western militaries.
As well, at the dawning of WWIII which so many of you seem to want, most of you living here who are vehemently pro-West/anti-East will be beating on their embassies doors to get a flight out of Thailand.
I admit, I'm an anti-war veteran, and I really don't understand what evil drives some of you to call for the assassinations of heads-of-states and promote the global war that will follow in the aftermath.  It really is insane!  Even George Walker Bush referred to those who held views like this as "The Crazies In The Basement." 

Edited by connda
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Looks like the someone nuked your post .

*Hiroshima *

Yet the bombing of Hisoshima and Nagasaki did not end it. It was the Soviet declaration of war on Japan that ended it, but to save face the Japanese blamed the nukes. The events that lead to their surrender are quite complex.

On 9/16/2023 at 12:17 PM, Jingthing said:

Not necessary.

Ukrainians can win with their own troops but they do need enough military aid to actually win and they do need the west to understand not to have unreasonable expectations as far as the timeline.

What is an unreasonable time line then? 1 year, 2 ,10 what is the acceptable timeline? That is an unacceptable answer 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Yes a very good idea. I think it is foolish to think they don't exist. But, they do not presently target reptilian leaders. I wish they would. Start with Putin, Kim, MBS, Hun Sen, Than Shwe, Min Aung Hlaing Mzwati, Karamov, and a few others. Let's clean up the place. 

I'm shaking my head in amazement that anyone would think that would actually work. Assassinating Putin, or Kim ( a Chinese protege ) would lead to war. How many innocents would die in that event.

OF COURSE they ain't assassinating country leaders, and if that became a thing, how long before it's the POTUS or the British PM etc etc etc?

I have to wonder what sort of world views some poster have- certainly not based in reality, IMO.

20 minutes ago, itsallmine68 said:

What is an unreasonable time line then? 1 year, 2 ,10 what is the acceptable timeline? That is an unacceptable answer 

Agree 100%. People that think the west can indefinitely continue massive financial expenditure for bullets in another country when they are themselves not involved in the fighting are IMO living in Lala land.

Even if the west was prepared to do so, the Ukrainians will eventually run out of men to go fight, so what happens then?

• Confused 2

9 hours ago, steven100 said:

if the US were serious ....  they wouldn't hesitate in blowing Russia of the face of the earth.  It depends on the threat and risk & reward I would expect.

Apparently some on this forum think the entire Russian population deserve to die, regardless if they don't support the war.

Are they not human beings to be so blithely consigned to annihilation?

Reminds me of the language being used about another people a while back, and that didn't end well for them.

• Like 1