Padipat’s trip to Singapore is above board – House speaker

snoop1130

Screenshot-2023-09-18-125817.png

The much-criticized planned trip to Singapore by Deputy House Speaker Padipat Suntiphada is a working visit and is permissible under parliamentary regulations, said the House speaker on Monday.

Padipat, as the leader of a group, asked to make an official visit to Singapore from September 21 to 25, but had not been officially invited, Speaker Wan Muhamad Noor Matha told reporters.

The House speaker said he approved the trip and a budget of Bt1.379 million for the group of 12 people.

Full story: Thai PBS 2023-09-18

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1

Deputy House speaker defends trip to Singapore

padipat_tour.jpeg

Deputy House speaker Padipat Suntiphada has defended his planned Singapore trip, saying people should not jump the gun in criticising him or his trip.

“It is strange, because the trip has not yet commenced but many have already criticised me and the trip. They would do better to wait to see our performance after the trip and read my reports, which I will send to the ministers involved and the House speaker,” Padipat said.

The 12-member group trip to Singapore, which Padipat of the Move Forward party will lead, has attracted harsh criticism on social media. The popular hashtags are #my_taxes, #taxpayerspayforyourtrip and #Padipatusesmytaxes.

Caption: First deputy House speaker Padipat Santiphada

Full story: Thai PBS 2023-09-18

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1

He noted, however, that the hotel accommodation rate is Bt12,500 per night for four nights, adding that they could find much cheaper accommodation in Singapore.

He also highlighted that the budgeted round-trip air fare, at Bt51,250 each, is very expensive, as the normal air fare is about Bt4,000 in economy class

His trip to Singapore is aimed at learning about information and communication technology for meetings, Thai worker management and sustainable environmental management

A nice little Jolly for something he could easily find within Thailand or on the internet

Even though this trip was approved by House Speaker Noor, Padipat needs to show a little restraint. I mean he did just get into a bit of bother providing food for 300 maids at Parliament.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/deputy-house-speaker-in-hot-water-for-entertaining-parliaments-maids/

And now a trip to Singapore, for twelve, to learn about something unrelated to his current responsibility?

Does not reflect well on MFP.