Give your life a score out of 10 in Thailand and last few years in farangland

sidjameson

10 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Life here is far far better in many aspects than the UK that's for sure. For me 8/10 here and the UK well, the UK I knew has long gone so doesnt even rate a number now, but 18 years ago, wouldve given it 5 at best.

A solid 8 here... UK god knows, maybe a 6

9 hours ago, Dan O said:

you're still here so it cant be that bad or you have no where else to go. Not sure what your going on about 300% increase? Perhaps you should look in the mirror to solve your problems as you bring them on yourself. 

There are quite a few economical refugees, who are here because they can survive better than in their home country but don't really like the place. Same people are frequent Thai bashers.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, bignok said:

Thailand is popular due to cheap prices and women. I doubt many people actually get out and see 100 temples and 40 museums.

I know people who have visited far more temples and museums than that. 

But I agree you find those in the other end who have for sire visited more than 100 bars and 40 Agogo.

Im sure I have visited 100 temples myself, because many temples around in the country is high up and gives a nice exercise and view, or just nice to drive motorbike up and have a look at the view.

Museums not that many,, girly girly bars not that much, and agogo two times in 20 years

Edited by Hummin

3 minutes ago, bignok said:

Just the truth. Broken footpaths, low hanging wires, dangerous roads, unstable politics, farangs cant buy land unless expensive, dodgy seafood, 2 tier pricing.

You chose where you go, where you live, what you eat. Its your life to control.  If its that bad for you why are you here, you can leave anytime to find your paradise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 back home in Texas, very little problems. Here, maybe a 2. Only things good here are it's less expensive and my girlfriend now is good to me. Bad choice moving here but I wasn't going to leave my daughter here to live knowing what her future would be.. Good food here, much better back home. Boring in Isaan, something to do daily back home. Here power goes out daily for a few seconds, and weekly for hours. Back home maybe three times a year. Wifi here inconsistent, back home never a problem. Roads here terrible, back home fixed very fast, and potholes didn't happen a month after fixing them. Bugs here make Texas look like paradise. Rainy season and hot back home more temperate and variable. many others but just a few.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, bignok said:

Just the truth. Broken footpaths, low hanging wires, dangerous roads, unstable politics, farangs cant buy land unless expensive, dodgy seafood, 2 tier pricing.

What I find positive is if Im going to leave my wife, I pack up my bags, leave and never look back. File divorce in my country, and one year later done. Nothing to fight about, and whats in Thailand in her name is hers, and whats in my homeland is mine. Done deal.

What I paid for here, I look at as rent, and from another post I made the calculation and at now, Im standing at 2k a day for rent, and that number goes down for every single day I stay. 

5 years expensive rent, 10 year cheap rent, lifetime priceless ????????

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

You're just having one of your mood swings, you're on a low, I've travelled all over the world and Thailand was pretty much the only place i wanted to stay long term

Pattaya to sleep with bargirls. At least be honest.

• Sad 1