Problem extending non-immi O visa at Jomtien this week

I went to the Jomtien immi office to extend my non-immi O visa this week. The IO said I needed a letter from a court in BKK. I showed him what I thought was the letter, a one sentence, 5 line letter. He said it was incorrect. Is there anyone who might be so kind as to translate the letter I have through PM? A new letter would cost me 20K THB! 

Thanks in advance

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Peabody said:

I did, of course. They were remarkably, though not unexpectedly, not helpful with their response.  ????

Sounds strange to me.

Did you just get angry and steam out the doors.

I don't like them , but they are helpful when needed.

even the shop outside can help with most things.

Just now, quake said:

Well,

Reckon you could have paid.

200 baht at the shop outside,  to go back in for you and find out what was wrong.

Why did you not do this.

Reckon not. It's complicated, but IO said he needed to talk to my attorney. Old court case involved, attorney for that case now unreachable.

Just now, Peabody said:

Reckon not. It's complicated, but IO said he needed to talk to my attorney. Old court case involved, attorney for that case now unreachable.

Ok , that's the rest of the story.

It makes sense now.

Good luck,

I hope you get your extension. :jap:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

What kind of letter from the court? Never heard of letter from the court for retirement extension. 

Something, apparently, to confirm that an old court case had been fully resolved. This is not a standard requirement for a retirement extension, but Immigration is entitled to request additional documents if there could be reasons for denying the extension (such as unresolved legal troubles).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Caldera said:

I'd say you'll need to hire a new attorney to get this resolved. 

Step #1, your new attorney will contact your immigration office to check what exactly they are after. They speak the same language, so this should be straightforward.

Done!

4 hours ago, BritTim said:

It seems that Immigration still has doubts about whether and how the court case was resolved. Did the resolution involve under the table payments? We know nothing about the case, do not know what your letter from the court states, and not even you knows what issue Immigration has with your application. Mainly, it seems Immigration wants a full explanation, and believe your attorney is the best person to provide it.

Good luck, but it is impossible to advise how to solve a problem when we have only the vaguest notion of what it is.

Thanks BT, but, if you read the OP, I'm not asking for advice or solutions, I merely asked if anybody could translate the 1-sentence letter that I got from my original attorney (the one who is no longer reachable)

do not know what your letter from the court states

That's why I asked if anyone can do a translation.

• Haha 1

Something, apparently, to confirm that an old court case had been fully resolved. This is not a standard requirement for a retirement extension, but Immigration is entitled to request additional documents if there could be reasons for denying the extension (such as unresolved legal troubles).

For the curious:  Contacted new attorney. Sent her a copy of the letter that I have. She told me it says that the case has been resolved. She called Jomtien immigration. For some reason, they want an additional letter that states I am allowed to exit and return.

I showed my original letter to IO at Suvarnabhumi when I was doing a "border run" to restart the process by leaving and reentering on a 30-day visa waiver, which I did. No problem.

Reentered Thailand by air, got new 30-day visa waiver, then extended for another 30 days to get my siht in order. Applied for and received the 90-day non-immigrant O, which expires in about 3 weeks. Went to immi at Jomtien to request 1-year extension. I paid the 1900 THB and received a number on a card from them and was told to pickup my visa and passport the next day (that was 2 days ago).

Received a call several hours later. They said I needed a letter from the court. Went home, dug up the old letter that I thought I wouldn't need anymore. Returned, presented the letter. They then said that was not sufficient. According to new attorney, who called  the IO, they want a letter stating that I can leave and reenter (why??). Remember, I already did exactly that (exit and reenter), using the letter I currently possess. New letter is gonna cost me another 20K.

Nothing under the table (I'd pay it if I could), everything was resolved aboveboard and by the book. Nothing mysterious. 

Took me >30 days for the court to give me the original letter after I requested it. My O visa expires in 3 weeks. Might have to start the whole frigging process over again.

4 hours ago, Peabody said:

Took me >30 days for the court to give me the original letter after I requested it. My O visa expires in 3 weeks. Might have to start the whole frigging process over again.

Indeed.

You may end up starting over.

One suggestion next time you request advice.

In the OP give the whole story.

You have finally done that in post above.

Was it too hard to do that in the OP.

As for "Might have to start the whole frigging process over again."

You are the one with the court case. 

Stop the victim card. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Peabody said:

I went to the Jomtien immi office to extend my non-immi O visa this week. The IO said I needed a letter from a court in BKK. I showed him what I thought was the letter, a one sentence, 5 line letter. He said it was incorrect. Is there anyone who might be so kind as to translate the letter I have through PM? A new letter would cost me 20K THB! 

Thanks in advance

I suggest you ask in the Thai Language forum for a translation or use ChatGPT.

• Like 1